Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandas View Post
    Actually, with the recent news of the Purple Man being cast, I was wondering if she'd be used to fill the Mattie, Spider-Girl role, or the Ant-Man role.
    Well the ant-man role was as jessica jones's lover so...I'm okay with that. Mattie had nothing to do with purple man. Her story line wasn't connected to him. The problem with them doing the spider-girl story line is they can't use her or j jonah jamison. They can use ben urich but since he is a good guy I doubt they will use him in the same capacity

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Thought from just seeing the headline that she was going to play Carol Danvers since in Bendis' Alias Carol was Jessica's best friend. I don't think that Jessica and Patsy are friends in the comics, but I like that Patsy will now be in the TV/Cinematic Universe.
    The "best friend" bit has me thinking she'll be taking over Carol's role as sort of a more successful friend who has things more together and a public profile. But maybe not? Personally, I'm wondering if Trish Walker will be Hellcat at all, or just as a child star/radio personality. (Which would still be a gesture to the character's roots.)
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

Spectacular Member

I always kind of hopped that Hellcat would one day be played by Ann Kendrick in a Marvel Superhero comedy.

But this is fine.

I just hope this leads to Hellcat suiting up and being in, if not Jessica Jones or Luke Cage's series, then the Defenders series. It'd be cool to debut a new hero along with the four established ones for that series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Yay for Patsy one of my fave characters. Now they can have an actual classic Defender.
    What's wrong with Luke Cage ?

I mean Luke Cage was a part of the Defenders ?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I also was thinking Carol Danvers for a second. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hellcat fill in the same part either Carol or Jessica Drew did in Alias, since they could play her as a succesful hero/celebrity or a private eye just as easily. This is cool news.

I wouldn't mind seeing some melanin in the next Netflix castings ... if they're trying to make these the New York shows, they've gotta realize New York isn't this white.

Like others have mentioned she probably has a good chance for filling in Carol's spot, as with Carol getting her own movie they probably want to keep her a big screen only hero. But if that means being able to bring in another female super hero into the MCU I'm perfectly fine with that. And I do hope Patsy gets to be Hellcat, maybe not starting off but at least eventually.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Amazing Member

I enjoyed Hellcat in the recently cancelled "She-Hulk." I doubt that Marvel would introduce Patsy Walker, and not make her Hellcat and a member of the Defenders. I hope they give Patsy superpowers. When Hellcat was first introduced in "The Avengers," her suit conferred super athleticism, but then they depowered her. Hellcat would not be interesting on the screen unless she is bouncing around acrobatically like Spider-Man or at least like Captain America in Cap's movies. For Hellcat to be able to do that in an explainable way on television, they need to give her super powers. Perhaps Hellcat can get an experimental suit from SHIELD.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I also was thinking Carol Danvers for a second. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hellcat fill in the same part either Carol or Jessica Drew did in Alias, since they could play her as a succesful hero/celebrity or a private eye just as easily. This is cool news.

I wouldn't mind seeing some melanin in the next Netflix castings ... if they're trying to make these the New York shows, they've gotta realize New York isn't this white.
    Hopefully we will see Misty Knight and Collen Wing in Iron Fist.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thought from just seeing the headline that she was going to play Carol Danvers since in Bendis' Alias Carol was Jessica's best friend. I don't think that Jessica and Patsy are friends in the comics, but I like that Patsy will now be in the TV/Cinematic Universe.
    This was my thought. Was Patsy Walker even in Alias?

I'm somewhat annoyed, as I was going to bypass this show entirely, but now that they've got Hellcat .... decisions decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Yay for Patsy one of my fave characters. Now they can have an actual classic Defender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    What's wrong with Luke Cage ?

I mean Luke Cage was a part of the Defenders ?
    Wasn't Luke Cage a Defender for a Day? Regardless, he's not got no where near the Defenders cred that Patsy Walker does.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post

To be fair, we do already have Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple/Night Nurse.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    To be fair, we do already have Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple/Night Nurse.
    Plus the race changed Ben Urich and, you know, LUKE CAGE SHOW!!
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

I'm surprised no one yet has wondered whether or not Patsy/Trish will be a redhead - a major part of her look since her very first appearance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by servo View Post
    I'm surprised no one yet has wondered whether or not Patsy/Trish will be a redhead - a major part of her look since her very first appearance.
    I know, right? Its almost like people on this forum only care about a character's red hair when the actor cast is black instead.

And when people do freak out I immediately wonder if they are aware of wigs.

Hellcat's powers are also much easier to do on a TV budget.