Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2145

Since it is pretty hard for me to find this can anyone help me out?

How does the K7 absorb items? Are they in there intact somehow like in the Spawn movie? What powers does it give specifically to Hellspawn that aren't part of their inherent powerset (Necroplasm?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

How does the K7 absorb items? Are they in there intact somehow like in the Spawn movie? What powers does it give specifically to Hellspawn that aren't part of their inherent powerset (Necroplasm?)
    According to the Wiki, K7 feeds off of Necroplasm. If you don't have Necroplasm, it won't work. K7 is the costume, so to speak; possessing powers of its own. That's all I know.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Are there any items left to buy? I need something for She-Hulk.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Plenty.

If it is not mentioned in team references and/or the shopping thread, then it is still free.

What are you looking for, thematically or power-wise? I can probably help.

Hold off a little more. I'll be giving everyone their 3 point's soon. Then you will have 9 points to spend instead of just 6.

edit: Just updated the points for this week. Have fun shopping.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-26-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Considering this purchase:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sovereign Rune (Suikoden) 9 for Karate Kid - assuming that it has the power of immunity/protection from all magic. If anyone refutes this, we reserve the right to change our purchase.
    However, i need to know now if it does work as a defense against magic or is it limited to just whatever came from the game Suikoden. If it's limited, it might not be worth a 9.

Decided against it, not fond of controversy. And this might be controversial.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-26-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Mighty Member

LENSMAN ITEMS (I)

So.

I've been asked for quantification of Lensman stuff, in general, and the Eddorian thought screen, in particular. I'll here try to do so.

1) What does third level refer to?

The elder races of the Lensmanverse, Eddorians and Arisians, classify mental capability (and therefore power) in three different levels.

Normal individuals and the overwhelming majority of Lensmen are first stagers. All of five lensmen (ever), perhaps some of the most capable Boskonian minds (such as the best among the Overlords of Delgon) and Arisian infants are second stagers. Finally, Eddorians, adult Arisians and the Children of the Lens are all third stage mental entities, in increasing order of capability.

2) What is the Lens of Arisia?

A symbiotic lifeform with the shape of a jewel that enhances the natural mental powers of its wielder. Since all beings capable of complex thought have at least some potential for mental power, the Lens grants at least telepathic communication and some level of mind reading to its users, as well as some other powers.

Samms did so, and there snapped around his wrist a platinum-iridium bracelet carrying, wrist-watch-wise, a lenticular something at which the Tellurian stared in stupefied amazement. It seemed to be composed of thousands—millions—-of tiny gems, each of which emitted pulsatingly all the colors of the spectrum; it was throwing out—broadcasting—a turbulent flood of writhing, polychromatic light
    [...]
    “I have no more doubts. But this Lens... I’m getting more afraid of it every minute. I see that it is a perfect identification; I can understand that it can be a perfect telepath. But is it something else, as well? If it has other powers... what are they?”
    “I cannot tell you; or, rather, I will not. It is best for your own development that I do not, except in the most general terms. It has additional qualities, it is true; but, since no two entities ever have the same abilities, no two Lenses will ever be of identical qualities. Strictly speaking, a Lens has no real power of its own; it merely concentrates, intensifies, and renders available whatever powers are already possessed by its wearer. You must develop your own powers and your own abilities; we of Arisia, in furnishing the Lens, will have done everything that we should do.”

In terms of requirements, the Arisians seem to demand unflinching willpower and strong morals from their candidates, and generally refuse to make Lenses for female humans as a matter of policy (although the reasons for that probably do not apply to League conditions). In the plus side, the Lens is one of relatively few items that cannot be safely stolen by anyone.

“The successor to the golden meteor of the Triplanetary Service,” Mentor said, calmly. “The Lens of Arisia. You may take my word for it, until your own experience shall have convinced you of the fact, that no one will ever wear Arisia’s Lens who is in any sense unworthy. Here also is one for your friend, Commissioner Kinnison; it is not necessary for him to come physically to Arisia. It is, you will observe, in an insulated container, and does not glow. Touch its surface, but lightly and very fleetingly, for the contact will be painful.”
    Samms’ finger-tip barely touched one dull, gray, lifeless jewel: his whole arm jerked away uncontrollably as there swept through his whole being the intimation of an agony more poignant by far than any he had ever known.
    “Why—it’s alive!” he gasped.
    “No, it is not really alive, as you understand the term...’ Mentor paused, as though seeking a way to describe to the Tellurian a thing which was to him starkly, incomprehensible. “It is, however, endowed with what you might call a sort of pseudolife; by virtue of which it gives off its characteristic radiation while, and only while, it is in physical circuit with the living entity—the ego, let us say—with whom it is in exact resonance. Glowing, the Lens is perfectly harmless; it is complete—saturated—satiated—fulfilled. In the dark condition it is, as you have learned, dangerous in the extreme. It is then incomplete—unfulfilled—frustrated—you might say seeking or yearning or demanding. In that condition its pseudo-life interferes so strongly with any life to which it is not attuned that that life, in a space of seconds, is forced out of this plane or cycle of existence.”
    “Then I—I alone—of all the entities in existence, can wear this particular Lens?” Samms licked his lips and stared at it, glowing so satisfyingly and contentedly upon his wrist. “But when I die, will it be a perpetual menace?”
    “By no means. A Lens cannot be brought into being except to match same one living personality; a short time after you pass into the next cycle your Lens will disintegrate.”

3) What can a normal human lensman do?

*Detect minds and identify them because of their specific characteristics.

“Well, Rod, I’m back...” he began, and stopped; utterly unable to speak. For at the mention of the name Samms’ Lens had put him fully en rapport with his friend’s whole mind; and what he perceived struck him—literally and precisely—dumb.
    He had always liked and admired Rod Kinnison. He had always known that he was tremendously able and capable. He had known that he was big; clean; a square shooter; the world’s best. Hard; a driver who had little more mercy on his underlings in selected undertakings than he had on himself. But now, as he saw spread out for his inspection Kinnison’s ego in its entirety; as he compared in fleeting glances that terrific mind with those of the other officers—good men, too, all of them—assembled in the room; he knew that he had never even begun to realize what a giant Roderick Kinnison really was.

*Long range telepathic communication.

“Nice work, Rod. Thanks. I think I’ll call Jill now, before I go—wonder where she is?... but I wonder... with the Lens perhaps telephones are superfluous? I’ll try it.”
    “JILL!” he thought intensely into his Lens, forming as he did so a mental image of his gorgeous daughter as he knew her. But he found, greatly to his surprise, that neither elaboration nor emphasis was necessary.
    “Ouch!” came the almost instantaneous answer, long before his thought was complete. “Don’t think so hard, Dad, it hurts I almost missed a step.” Virgilia was actually there with him; inside his own mind; in closer touch with him than she had ever before been. “Back so soon? Shall we report now, or aren’t you ready to go to work yet?”
    [...]
    “Is very old stuff indeed, Daddy dear. Simple. And Herkimer Herkimer Third isn’t really a menace; he just thinks he is. Take a look. You can, can’t you, with your Lens?”
    “Perhaps... Oh, yes. I see him as well as you do.” Fully en rapport with the girl as he was, so that his mind received simultaneously with hers any stimulus which she was willing to share, it seemed as though a keen handsome, deeply tanned face bent down from a distance of inches toward his own. “But I don’t like it a bit—and him even less.”

Mighty Member

LENSMAN ITEMS (II)

*The lens also acts as a telepathic universal translator, which allows mental communication (and presumably other powers) to be more effective upon beings with mentalities considerably different to that of the lensman.

“I welcome you, Tellurian.” Mind fused with mind at every one of uncountable millions of points and paths. This Rigellian professor of sociology, standing at his desk, was physically a monster... the oil-drum of a body, the four blocky legs, the multibranchiate tentacular arms, that immobile dome of a head, the complete lack of eyes and of ears... nevertheless Samms’ mind fused with the monstrosity’s as smoothly, as effortlessly, and almost as completely as it had with his own daughter’s!
    And what a mind! The transcendent poise; the staggeringly tremendous range and scope—the untroubled and unshakeable calm; the sublime quietude; the vast and placid certainty; the ultimate stability, unknown and forever unknowable to any human or near human race!
    “Dismiss all thought of intrusion, First Lensman Samms... I have heard of you human beings, of course, but have never considered seriously the possibility of meeting one of you mind to mind. Indeed, it was reported that none of our minds could make any except the barest and most unsatisfactory contact with any of yours they chanced to encounter. It is, I now perceive, the Lens which makes this full accord possible, and it is basically about the Lens that you are here?”
    “It is,” and Samms went on to cover in flashing thoughts his conception of what the Galactic Patrol should be and should become. That was easy enough; but when he tried to describe in detail the qualifications necessary for Lensmanship, he began to bog down. “Force, drive, scope, of course... range... power... but above all, an absolute integrity... an ultimate incorruptibility...” He could recognize such a mind after meeting it and studying it, but as to finding it... It might not be in any place of power or authority. His own, and Rod Kinnison’s, happened to be; but Costigan’s was not... and both Knobos and DalNalten had made inconspicuousness a fine art...
    “I see,” the native stated, when it became clear that Samms could say no more. “It is evident, of course, that I cannot qualify; nor do I know anyone personally who can. However...”
    “What?” Samms demanded. “I was sure, from the feel of your mind, that you... but with a mind of such depth and breadth, such tremendous scope and power, you must be incorruptible!”
    “I am,” came the dry rejoinder. “We all are. No Rigellian is, or ever will be or can be, what you think of as ‘corrupt’ or ‘corruptible’. Indeed, it is only by the narrowest, most intense concentration upon every line of your thought that I can translate your meaning into a concept possible for any of us even to understand.”
    “Then what... Oh, I see. I was starting at the wrong end. Naturally enough, I suppose, I looked first for the qualities rarest in my own race.”
    “Of course. Our minds have ample scope and range; and, perhaps, sufficient power. But those qualities which you refer to as ‘force’ and ‘drive’ are fully as rare among us as absolute mental integrity is among you. What you know as ‘crime’ is unknown. We have no police, no government, no laws, no organized armed forces of any kind. We take, practically always, the line of least resistance. We live and let live, as your thought runs. We work together for the common good.”

*This universal translator function also extends to sharing modes of perception completely outside the human sensorial range.

The Lensman climbed, not easily or joyously, into that grimly forbidding black interior. Black? It was so black that the port-hole-like doorway seemed to admit no light at all. It was blacker than a witch’s cat in a coal cellar at midnight! Samms flinched; then, stiffening, thought at the driver.
    “My contact with you seems to have slipped. I’m afraid that I will have to cling to you rather more tightly than may be either polite or comfortable. Deprived of sight, and without your sense of perception, I am practically helpless.”
    “Come in, Lensman, by all means. I offered to maintain full engagement, but it seemed to me that you declined it; quite possibly the misunderstanding was due to our unfamiliarity with each others’ customary mode of thought. Relax, please, and come in... there! Better?”
    “Infinitely better. Thanks.”
    And it was. The darkness vanished; through the unexplainable perceptive sere of the Rigellian he could “see” everything—he had a practically perfect three-dimensional view of the entire circumambient sphere. He could see both the inside and the outside of the ground car he was in and of the immense space-ship in which he had come to Rigel IV. He could see the bearings and the wrist-pins of the internal-combustion engine of the car, the interior structure of the welds that held the steel plates together, the busy airport outside, and even deep into the ground. He could see and study in detail the deepest buried, most heavily shielded parts of the atomic engines of the Chicago. But he was wasting time. He could also plainly see a deeply-cushioned chair, designed to fit a human body, welded to a stanchion and equipped with half a dozen padded restraining straps. He sat down quickly; strapped himself in.

*The universal translator also allows users of the Lens to automatically decode any messages they perceive, even those in writing, unless the message contains concepts that entirely escape the user's mental frame of reference.

“We lined up a thousand and one signals, sir,” Northrop reported for the pair, “but only one of them carried a message, and it didn’t make sense.”
    “Why not?” Samms asked, sharply. “With a Lens, any kind of a message, however garbled, coded, or interrupted, makes sense.”
    “Oh, we understood what it said,” Jack came in, “but it didn’t say enough. Just ‘READY-READY-READY’; over and over.”

[...]
    “I see,” and Samms saw, not only a frankness brand-new to his experience, but also a new view of both the powers and the limitations of his Lens.
    It was, by its very nature, of precisionist grade. It received thoughts and translated them precisely into English. There was some leeway, but not’ much. If any thought was such that there was no extremely close counterpart or referent in English, the Lens would not translate it at all, but would simply give it a hitherto meaningless symbol a symbol which would from that time on be associated, by all Lenses everywhere, with that one concept and no other. Samms realized then that he might, some day, learn what a dexitroboper actually did and what the act of emmfozing actually was; but that he very probably would not.

*Forceful extraction of information from a resisting mind.

“Costigan, Northrop, Kinnison attend!” he launched a thought. “I have no time to kill more of them. The commander is dying of a self-inflicted wound and I have important work to do. See to it, please, that these remaining creatures do not attack me while I am doing it.”
    Dronvire tuned his mind to that of the pirate and probed. Although dying, the pirate captain offered fierce resistance, but the Rigellian was not alone. Attuned to his mind, working smoothly with it, giving it strengths and qualities which no Rigellian ever had had or ever would have, were the two strongest minds of Earth: that of Rod the Rock Kinnison, with the driving force, the indomitable will, the transcendent urge of all human heredity; and that of Virgil Samms, with all that had made him First Lensman.
    “TELL!” that terrific triple mind demanded, with a force which simply could not be denied. “WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Resistance is useless; yours or that of those whom you serve. Your bases and powers are smaller and weaker than ours, since Spaceways is only a corporation and we are the Galactic Patrol. TELL! WHO ARE YOUR BOSSES? TELL! TELL!”
    Under that irresistible urge there appeared, foggily and without any hint of knowledge of name or of spatial coordinates, an embattled planet, very similar in a smaller way to the Patrol’s own Bennett, and even more foggily, but still not so blurred but that their features were unmistakably recognizable, the images of two men. That of Murgatroyd, the pirate chief, completely strange to both Kinnison and Samms; and back of Murgatroyd and above him, that of BIG JIM TOWNE!

WORK IN PROGRESS...
    Last edited by Estrecca; 05-26-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    According to the Wiki, K7 feeds off of Necroplasm. If you don't have Necroplasm, it won't work. K7 is the costume, so to speak; possessing powers of its own. That's all I know.
    That's what I've been able to tell, that and it's got it's own form of self awareness and action. Here of course it'll work for the team instead of what it did with Spawn but it does seem sentient.

I was trying to find out if the K7 pulls an outright Replicant with it's equipment or if it's just stored away like in the Spawn movie on top of the "What does K7 Do Alone?".

As always, I'm willing to answer questions about my teams powers in return. Just don't ask me to spill what they will be doing this week .

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

Like any other symbiote that can change size it simply carries it inside of the suit intact. It also absorbs ambient evil or dark energy to power itself up(or regenerate from near death), and it changes/evolves on the fly to accept new powers/abilities when the users needs(like with his Greenworld power up, or turning into Angel Spawn). So it can absorb items and the energies inside of them just fine.

And if its Warlock specific he himself has/canabsorb magic into himself to power up(I have posted the scan in multiple matches), and the Wand of Watoomb merely needs to be held to work and since the Symbiote is always "holding it" as everywhere is his hand it will work just fine.

The powers it gives is a rather large but limited amount magic tha works off th users thought/will, just like a magic powered GL ring or the Starheart Also it is assumed that the user is turned into a Hellspawn as it doesnt work without the transformation(and im sure when I addded it I said that the user is turned into a Hellspawn as well).
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 05-26-2015 at 02:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Plenty.

If it is not mentioned in team references and/or the shopping thread, then it is still free.

What are you looking for, thematically or power-wise? I can probably help.
    Maybe something magical this time like She-Hulk has some powers of sorcery involved.

Maybe something magical this time like She-Hulk has some powers of sorcery involved.
    A lot of the items have links to info about them. If you see something that makes you curious but there is no link, let me know and I'll find the info for you. You have time, go through the list.

Here, to help you out, are all the 9 point items ... If you want the 8 or 7 point items, let me know.

Akagiyama 23 Power Suit (Project A-ko 9
    Alien Orchid Transporter Fusion (Star Trek 9
    Amulet of Anubis (DC 9
    Amulet of Dynai (Hackmaster 9
    Angelic Possession - Archangel Rank Gabriel/Michael (Supernatural 9
    Arkillo's Yellow Lantern Ring (NU-52 9
    Atlas' Alien Crystal (DC 9
    Avalon (Fate/stay night 9
    Bag of Tricks (Looney Tunes 9
    Belt Buckle of Holding, 3 Favors Version (Hackmaster 9
    Big Gete Star Upgrade (Dragonball Z: Return of Cooler 9
    Black Lantern Ring (DC 9
    Book of Eternity (DC 9
    Caduceus of Hermes (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Collar of Cerberus (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Consumption of Space Whale Meat (DC 9
    Consumption of Space Whale Seasoning (DC 9
    Coronet of Rassilon (Doctor Who 9
    Cosmic Treadmill (DC 9
    Crusher (Marvel 9
    Curse of Hom Dai (full regeneration - The Mummy 9
    Darkhold Contract (Marvel 9
    Doomgiver (Book of Swords 9
    Dr. Doom's Cosmic Power Siphon Harness (Marvel 9
    Dr. Doom's Skin Armour (Marvel 9
    Dragon King Sword (Suikoden 9
    Dynamo (Power Puff Girls 9
    Eddorian Third Level Thought Screen (Lensman 9
    Edo Tensei Summon Contract - Kabuto (Naruto 9
    Edo Tensei Summon Contract - Orochimaru (Naruto 9
    Element Gun (DC 9
    Empowered by the Triangle of Light - Lord Templar Edition (Marvel 9
    Empowered by the Triangle of Light - Pagan Edition (Marvel 9
    Exposure to Intrinsic Field Subtractor (Watchmen Movie 9
    Exposure to Negative Reactor (Marvel Comics 9
    Firestorm Matrix, Jason Rusch Version (DC 9
    Firestorm Matrix, Ronnie Raymond Version (DC 9
    Full Power of the Ancient Spirits of Evil (Thundercats: The Last Day 9
    Fusion of the Twenty Legendary Warrior Spirits (Digimon Frontier 9
    Gauntlet of Altwaal (Crossgen: The First 9
    Genesis Ark (Whoniverse 9
    Girlde of Aphrodite (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Glint Glint Fruit (One Piece 9
    Golden Sickle of Demeter (Items of Olympus/OC Item 9
    Green Lantern Corpse Power Disc (DC 9
    Grey Lantern Corpse Power Disc (OI 9
    Hammer of Angrir (Marvel 9
    Hammer of Greithoth (Marvel 9
    Hammer of Hephastus (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Hammer of Kuurth (Marvel 9
    Hammer of Mokk (Marvel 9
    Hammer of Nerkkod (Marvel 9
    Hammer of Nul (Marvel 9
    Hammer of Skadi (Marvel 9
    Hammer of Skirn (Marvel 9
    Helm of Athena (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    He-Man's Power Sword (Masters of the Universe 9
    Hollow Symbiote (Charmed 9
    Humanifold Treatment - Replicant powerset, No Speed (DC 9
    Iron Lantern Armour (Amalgam Comics 9
    Kiryu (Godzilla 9
    Krenon Psionic Shield (DC: Steel - Maximum Orbit 9
    Lasso of Truth (DC 9
    Leopard Skin, and Thyrsus of Dionysus (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Lotus Staff and Goat Skin Cloak of Hera (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Lyre of Apollo (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Magicite - Ragnarok (Final Fantasy 6 9
    Martial Arts Download, 1000 (Matrix 9
    Mask, The (Jim Carrey "The Mask" Movie 9
    Master of Games' Medallion (Animated Teen Titans 9
    Max Mask (Original Item 9
    Mighty Max's Hat (Mighty Max 9
    Mirror of Opposition (Dungeons & Dragons 9
    Mojo Jojo's Cut-Synthetic Chemical X (Powerpuff Girls 9
    Mr. Element's Philosopher's Stone (DC 9
    Muppet Lab's Copier ala Carte (Muppet Show 9
    Nemesis Potion (DC 9
    Not So Ordinary Guy's Strength Sapping Raygun (Darkwing Duck 9
    Omnitrix, Fully Unlocked and Activated (Ben 10 9
    Paw Paw Fruit (One Piece 9
    Phoenix Materia (Final Fantasy 7 9
    Positive/Negative Transporter Duplication (Star Trek 9
    Power Cosmic, The (Fantastic Four Movies 9
    Prometheus Suit (Smallville 9
    Reality Stabilization Suit (Custom - Captain SNES 9
    Red Lantern Ring (DC 9
    Red Sword, The (The Incarnations of Immortality 9
    Ring of Death and Reincarnation (Hackmaster 9
    Ring of Nine Dragons (Xiaolin Showdown 9
    Ring of Suggestion (Hackmaster 9
    Rinnegan Eyes - Madara (Naruto 9
    Rod of Office (Crossgen: The Path 9
    S.O.L. Satellite Control Mod (Akira 9
    Saint of Killers's Guns (Preacher 9
    Samandahl Rey's Sigil (Crossgen: Sigil 9
    Serpentera (Power Rangers 9
    She-Ra's Power Sword (Masters of the Universe 9
    Soul Eater (Suikoden 9
    Soul Splice (Order of the Stick 9
    Soulsword (Marvel 9
    Source of All Evil Symbiote (Charmed 9
    Sovereign Rune (Suikoden 9
    Spear of Destiny (Top Cow 9
    Special Liquid Electron Gun Specially Designed for Shooting the Antidote to Chemical X at the Powerpuff Girls and Eliminating their Powers (Powerpuff Girls 9
    Spinally Implanted Makluan Rings (Marvel 9
    Staff of Polar Power (Marvel 9
    Stormcaster (Marvel 9
    Super Mechagodzilla (Godzilla 9
    Super Robo Suit (Makia Kingdom 9
    Super Skrull Power Engineering: Lady Liberators Set (Original Item/Marvel 9
    Super Skrull Power Engineering: MLF Set(Tempo, Skids, Locus, Jon Spectre, Cannonball 9
    Super Skrull Power Engineering: X-Factor Set (Polaris, M, Rictor, Siryn 9
    Sweet Baby Among Us (Xiaolin Showdown 9
    Terminus' Power Lance (Marvel 9
    Tiara of Artemis (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Time Bubble (DC 9
    Tinderbox of Hestia (Items of Olympus/OC Item 9
    True Fire Rune (Suikoden 9
    True Water Rune (Suikoden 9
    Vial of Guardian Virus (Order of the Stick: Start of Darkness 9
    Volthoom's Ring (DC 9
    Warlock's Transmode Virus Infestation (Marvel 9
    Weapon of Ares (Items of Olympus/OC item 9
    Wing Zero's Beam Cannon (Gundam 9
    Xilien Mothership w/ Monsters (Godzilla Final Wars 9
    Yellow Lantern Power Corpse Disc (Original Item 9
    Zoalord Processing - Edward Caerlon Style (Guyver 9

BANNED

Presented to me, either the Consumption of Space Whale meat, Prometheus suit, The Red Sword, Dr. Doom's Cosmic Power Siphon Harness and Helm of Athena interest me a lot.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Tami had the Space Whale Meat. Not sure about the others. Check the team thread.

EDIT: No, that was the seasoning. What's the difference? I dunno. But it was Darth that had the meat. vyc had the Helm of Athena,
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

My strategy might have to wait until tomorrow morning because I'm literally falling asleep in front of my computer.