Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm in, just puzzling over what I want to do in a 'Cool vs Effective' way.
    You've got plenty of time to figure it out. Gonna be awhile before we finish hashing out the changes to the lists.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Teaming up can be fun. Looking forward to seeing what kind of team Siriel and Nik come up with.

I might be up for a Team-up as well, if anyone else is interested.
    I think a team-up might be the best thing for me as well in the next league, so I'm definitely down for one if you're interested.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I'll sign-up if there is still room. I can even promise more debate this time around.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    I'll sign-up if there is still room. I can even promise more debate this time around.
    Plenty of room left.

BANNED

I'm in. I'll need some help me though just in case.
    Last edited by MCBT; 01-31-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Where can i buy a phone? Mr.Alucard's Avatar

I'm interested so I'll give it a shot.

BANNED

A bit of advice to the new folks, but as it's unasked-for feel free to ignore it.

-A couple of important things to note are that the League operates under Marvel Time-Travel rules and has PIS-On. To give an idea to what that means: Deathstroke's Velocity 9 is an 8 in the store, but SMvsFL level things still don't count.

-Speed Kills - Items that grant Superman-level speeds go fast, as do characters with that level of speed with additional powers. Most matches hinge on what level of Lightspeed the characters/teams can function at.

-Research is key - Before you buy something do more than just read the Wiki/Links provided if you can. Several people have been burned by feats/facts brought up after purchase. Beware the no-limits fallacy as well, it can cost you more than the points used in the draft.

I also suggest you read older matches to get an idea of how the strategies and debates go if you haven't already. It can help to answer any questions you may have, but don't hesitate to ask any it doesn't.

A bit of advice to the new folks, but as it's unasked-for feel free to ignore it.

-A couple of important things to note are that the League operates under Marvel Time-Travel rules and has PIS-On. To give an idea to what that means: Deathstroke's Velocity 9 is an 8 in the store, but SMvsFL level things still don't count.

-Speed Kills - Items that grant Superman-level speeds go fast, as do characters with that level of speed with additional powers. Most matches hinge on what level of Lightspeed the characters/teams can function at.

-Research is key - Before you buy something do more than just read the Wiki/Links provided if you can. Several people have been burned by feats/facts brought up after purchase. Beware the no-limits fallacy as well, it can cost you more than the points used in the draft.

I also suggest you read older matches to get an idea of how the strategies and debates go if you haven't already. It can help to answer any questions you may have, but don't hesitate to ask any it doesn't.
    To add to this advice, review the rules on the OP and look over the Wiki lists. But most importantly, if you have a specific question, ask it.

This also reminds me, I had promised to make a section in the rules relating to power levels and things like that. But I'm not sure what to put in it.

Superman seems to be the cap as far as individual power levels go, and I assume this is the most powerful version of Superman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This also reminds me, I had promised to make a section in the rules relating to power levels and things like that. But I'm not sure what to put in it.

Superman seems to be the cap as far as individual power levels go, and I assume this is the most powerful version of Superman?
    It was at Post-Crisis levels before, at least for speed.

But yeah, to qualify for being put on the list Superman had to beat them. Personally it shouldn't be via technicality aka "If they could think before he blitzed them he might win, but they are too slow."

Honestly, the "Superman can beat them" rule has never really been a literal thing. It's always been "somewhere around Superman's level physically is the max".

For example, I'm sure if we looked through the list we'd find several characters that are intangible by default or something, and that Superman thus 'can't beat'. That doesn't at all make them too strong for the League.

But yeah, to qualify for being put on the list Superman had to beat them. Personally it shouldn't be via technicality aka "If they could think before he blitzed them he might win, but they are too slow."
    If you go by that logic, you end up with, say, "Professor X is too powerful for the League". After all, if he gets to think, Superman would lose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    If you go by that logic, you end up with, say, "Professor X is too powerful for the League". After all, if he gets to think, Superman would lose.
    With Torqasm Vo he should be able to last long enough to thunderclap, HV his head off, or super-breathe to send him flying and distract him long enough to be taken out another way.

I see your point as Shadow King is on the list, but I hope you see mine.

Well, I agree that you shouldn't get a guy who reality warps entire planets at thought speed under the argument that "he loses to Superman since he normally has human level durability".

But that itself is just more proof that "Loses to Superman" isn't the actual requirement for the League; it's just that Superman is a good example of where the physical limit roughly lies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Well, I agree that you shouldn't get a guy who reality warps entire planets at thought speed under the argument that "he loses to Superman since he normally has human level durability".

But that itself is just more proof that "Loses to Superman" isn't the actual requirement for the League; it's just that Superman is a good example of where the physical limit roughly lies.
    Well then what else would the bar be? I know there were limits to magic, speed, strength and Supes was only the bar for Speed. I think Doomsda was Strength, and Strange/Fate was the limit for magic as opposed to Strangefate.