Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Superman is a physical cap, Xavier is the mental, Strange is magic.

I think the Xavier and Dr Strange levels need to be adjusted.

Telepathy cap should be Moondragon, and magic should be somewhere between Zatanna and Morpher as Dr Strange has various power levels of either to high or to low.

I also note that Characters with really exotic powers but lose to Superman/Moondragon/Zatanna/Mordred on a Quickdraw need to be higher or just removed.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Superman is a physical cap, Xavier is the mental, Strange is magic.

I think the Xavier and Dr Strange levels need to be adjusted.

Telepathy cap should be Moondragon, and magic should be somewhere between Zatanna and Morpher as Dr Strange has various power levels of either to high or to low.
    Yeah, we talking Classic "I tank supernovae and seal black holes" Doctor Strange?

Because that's pretty up there.

I also note that Characters with really exotic powers but lose to Superman/Moondragon/Zatanna/Mordred on a Quickdraw need to be higher or just removed.
    I don't agree with this point.

Removing characters like this removes some of the viability of more off-the-wall strategies and raising their level based off what one /could/ potentially do with them with the right item combination kind of undermines the concept of having a base numerical value for them in the first place.

I think that characters that undergo depowerment\repowerment in their career shall have their version stated (Classic Strange, Pre-HoM Xavier (post-repowering he has a few showings of being inferior to Emma who had no major powerups during the period)), also, Zee for all her awesomeness (too sad the board engine does not allow direct link to an (awesome) RT I found) is not too powerful for a cap.
    I don't know sh*t about Fate, if he's more consistent in power level than Strange, then maybe Post-Crisis Fate?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, we talking Classic "I tank supernovae and seal black holes" Doctor Strange?

Because that's pretty up there.

I don't agree with this point.

Removing characters like this removes some of the viability of more off-the-wall strategies and raising their level based off what one /could/ potentially do with them with the right item combination kind of undermines the concept of having a base numerical value for them in the first place.
    I was talking about people like Scion and the Shard Tower where "you can't hit me because my real body is in a different dimension" type powers are had at base. Or since alot of new characters are being added anyone with exotic powers like that, or are super unkillable, or have to kill them in a special way or nothing works type of powers. Either remove them(like Scion) or raise them to max price (like Shard Tower).

Cause if speed and strength alone are 8-9 point items/charcters I can't see how a person with a broken power set or has a dozen powers can be any lower than that regardless of being to slow or not that durable at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    I think that characters that undergo depowerment\repowerment in their career shall have their version stated (Classic Strange, Pre-HoM Xavier (post-repowering he has a few showings of being inferior to Emma who had no major powerups during the period)), also, Zee for all her awesomeness (too sad the board engine does not allow direct link to an (awesome) RT I found) is not too powerful for a cap.
    I don't know sh*t about Fate, if he's more consistent in power level than Strange, then maybe Post-Crisis Fate?
    Mordred and Zatanna seem better than Dr Fate as some Fate's were above Classic Strange and others were far below that and not 10 material. Mordred was below Strange in terms of power (and is a 9 right now along with Darkhold Contract).

If anyone can think of more magic users to use I'm open to it, but Strange being a cap has to change.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

See, that's a different thing to what I thought your post was about. From the wording it seemed like, people who could defeat a 10 rank person in terms of their offence being that devious/effective but lose to them in combat due to stat deficiency rather than those who have outright hax powers that could beat a 10 straight up.

If an unenhanced character could defeat a 10 then they should likely be at if not near to that level themselves.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

When we nab a character who has been given a retcon, are we allowed to pick which version? Or should we only stick with the current comics version?

I used Post-Crisis Wonder Woman and Post-Crisis Superman in this last League despite Nu52 being the current cannon. I'd rather not get stuck with Nu52 characters if I can help it.

Same with items. From what I've seen, Nu52 GL rings aren't quite up to Post-Crisis level GL stuff.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I'm pretty sure Nu52 are on the list as separate from post-crisis. Or was that only for that one multiversal League?

11 people... Damn. I may need a teammate after all, or maybe not (may need since mid-April, as the RL may start to become overwhelming).
    Or (in case it interests some vets who hadn't made up their mind yet) not so much as teammate but a mentor to run my (possible lame) team ideas through\emergency manager for worst cases of non-attendance risk.
    Last edited by Charlotte DeBel; 02-01-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Mighty Member

11 people... Damn. I may need a teammate after all, or maybe not (may need since mid-April, as the RL may start to become overwhelming).
    Or (in case it interests some vets who hadn't made up their mind yet) not so much as teammate but a mentor to run my (possible lame) team ideas through\emergency manager for worst cases of non-attendance risk.
    My participation is uncertain at this point, but I am always open to brainstorming questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    My participation is uncertain at this point, but I am always open to brainstorming questions.
    Thank you very much!!! I'll PM what I've got of "drafts of drafts" so far tomorrow, and maybe consider the possibility to ask you to be my team's substitute manager when it will be "drop out of competition or need a substitute ASAP" (starting April 20 or some such).

Thank you very much!!! I'll PM what I've got of "drafts of drafts" so far tomorrow, and maybe consider the possibility to ask you to be my team's substitute manager when it will be "drop out of competition or need a substitute ASAP" (starting April 20 or some such).
    Personally, I think an Estrecca/Charlotte team up would make for a very challenging Team.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Honestly, the "Superman can beat them" rule has never really been a literal thing. It's always been "somewhere around Superman's level physically is the max".

For example, I'm sure if we looked through the list we'd find several characters that are intangible by default or something, and that Superman thus 'can't beat'. That doesn't at all make them too strong for the League.
    Superman's beaten intangables before in his comics (how usually depends on what type of intangibility they have obviously).

I'm done with that work-stuff that was keeping me busy for the nonce, so I'd like to apologize to everyone I didn't get a chance to debate last time. I really did want to discuss Tami vs. Me at Ponyville.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Regarding the magic cap - I was under impression Loki was one at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Superman's beaten intangables before in his comics (how usually depends on what type of intangibility they have obviously).
    If one is going to discount SMvsFL, that would include the completely random one-off powers spontaneously developed to defeat the current enemy and never again shown.