Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Thor, #4

• The Odinson is back. And he clearly doesn't like that someone else is holding his hammer. You know what that means, right?
    • THOR VS. THOR!!!

Full article here.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I think I like this volume better than Thor: God of Thunder. This is great.

BANNED

This should be a fun fight. I think the current Thor, the one trying to reason with the previous dude has a bigger advantage.

BANNED

Odinson has officially lost his mind. First he tries to kill his sisters with an axe in Angela, and now this.

BANNED

Thor must have a real problem with women.

I love Malekith and Dario's reaction

This is the clash I've been waiting for since this series began. If the preview is any indication, the wait will be worth it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Odinson has officially lost his mind. First he tries to kill his sisters with an axe in Angela, and now this.
    Don't forget the Loki beat down. Man, Secret Wars is going to mess Thor even more with the multiple Thor's.

This is soooooooooo geeewwwwwd!

Russell's hawt hawt art with Jason's hilarious scripting?!
    SO. MUCH. FUN.

BANNED

Man-Thor is behaving like a big baby. He's throwing a hissy fit that someone took his stuff. I'd like to see Lady-Thor beat Man-Thor senseless.

I'm going to laugh if She-Thor ends up being Thor's feminine side.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Malekith is channeling sass and it's wonderful!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yes, I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to think of a better reaction from Dario and I couldn't! Lol

I'm also OK with Odinson going through this really hard time right now. I feel bad for him but I'd like to see him brought even lower because it'll be that much sweeter when he recovers from it all. I don't want that to come to pass anytime soon though. Of course I still like Odinson but I love this new Thor. She is so charming and has grown on me. I'm afraid she'll only be around until partway through Secret Wars though sadly. She's either going to die or give up the hammer before being forgotten. That thought really tempers my enthusiasm for this series. :C

P.S. I could really use a "Calm thyself down" meme right about now. Lol

The new Thor should just answer "okay, you win", drop the hammer and walk away, letting Thor Odinson struggle to lift Mjolnir. She can call the hammer later that night.

I've been loving this new direction too and the art(!) and while I think the Odinson will return to the status quo Thor we all know who carries Mjolnir when Marvel "relaunces" after Secret Wars, these are the kinds of changes I enjoy that Marvel does. One of my biggest complaints about the big two, especially Marvel now that they have a big movie universe, is that while they can have big stories to tell, nothing really dramatic or life altering happens and sticks to the characters (which is why I read mostly Image now) and if it does, it's a rehash of stories told before (Steve Rogers losing the Super Soldier Serum and getting old, but then coming back or things happen like Tony Stark's current personality will revert at some point, and this weird effed up setting which I love with the characters and the universe that's going on in the Avengers/New Avengers books won't last either). These big famous characters must always be around and heroic for current and new generations to enjoy because that's what makes Marvel money. I hope that when this new Thor loses or gives back Mjolnir, that Odin possibly like he did with Beta Ray Bill, will have a new hammer made for her. It's hard to imagine this character, whoever she is, disappear when she did something that few have been able to do in Marvel continuity.

It's hard sometimes because people like myself want changes with these big characters, but then when it happens, it pisses everyone off because it changes the character they love to read about. Which is why these characters will never die for good or age naturally before our eyes and have new people take on their mantles. People and fans are fickle that way. And that's why I love creator owned books. You can do what you want and you can end your story eventually.

How ever long this current Thor story is told for, I will enjoy it all the way.