Super Moderator

Default Guillem March's "Superman: Doomed" #2 Cover Teases Brainiac Battle

Guillem March's cover for "Superman: Doomed" #2 features both Brainiac and a Doomsday-ified Man of Steel, ready to do battle.

Full article here.

I enjoyed reading all of the Superman: Doomed stuff from yesterday, but you're telling me this is going to continue at least until the end of August? That's a little long for me. The demand for Geoff Johns' run has just gone up a few ticks.

I'm fine with it lasting all summer after what I read yesterday. Especially with it established that Clark can periodically come down from the symptoms and retain a normal form for a while. That means all the chance in the world we're not going to be getting just hulking Doomerman for the next three months.

And Brainiac looks awesome in this cover. I don't get why they don't go for this kind of thinner, sorcerer-like look in the actual pages as opposed to Johns' behemoth. It looks so much better, especially with that outfit essentially looking like a high tech robe.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I wondered when they were going to get Lois back to normal for Johns' run. I assume this face-off will wipe her powers. Agreed that Brainiac should always look this way

I'm anticipating Lois going back to normal within Doomed itself, and playing a role in then helping Superman. Perhaps utilizing her powers one last time to help before she loses them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And Brainiac looks awesome in this cover. I don't get why they don't go for this kind of thinner, sorcerer-like look in the actual pages as opposed to Johns' behemoth. It looks so much better, especially with that outfit essentially looking like a high tech robe.
    I don't get the rationale behind all the wires connected to Brainiac. His advanced technology doesn't include WIFI?

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    I don't get the rationale behind all the wires connected to Brainiac. His advanced technology doesn't include WIFI?
    Maybe in a previous life Brainy was computer gamer and absolutely insisted on wired connections for everything. No wireless keyboard, no wireless mouse, no wifi...
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 05-15-2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: typos

I thought Superman: Doomed was a one-shot?

Quote Originally Posted by RawrJoey View Post
    I thought Superman: Doomed was a one-shot?
    As did I.

Amazing Member

Superman: Doomed #1 and Superman: Doomed #2 are acting as bookends to the entire arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

I am VERY happy someone noticed that. And I 100% agree. This is a cyberpunk Nosferatu look, and it is definitely more interesting than the musclebound thug created by Johns.

I think that on a certain level artists prefer this look, too, since it has been commonly used for all the covers featuring Brainiac (Gene Ha's cover for the villain issue and even Gary Frank's cover for the original story - the look in the story itself is different, since the "robe" doesn't have those long sleeves and Brainiac doesn't have the long fingernails).

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post
    Superman: Doomed #1 and Superman: Doomed #2 are acting as bookends to the entire arc.
    Thank you for clearing that up! Still ridiculous of them to post it as a One-Shot in their solicitations and then throw this at us.