Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Spike-X brings back bad memories:

Basically, the avatars were kept to a smaller size back in the days when a lot of people *cough* still had dialup connections, and a whole bunch of larger images would take too long to load. Also, I guess server space and bandwidth were more expensive back then.
    I was stuck on dial-up until mid-2006! Ah, the days when even doing something as common as watching a YouTube video were simply impossible. **shudders**
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I was stuck on dial-up until mid-2006! Ah, the days when even doing something as common as watching a YouTube video were simply impossible. **shudders**
    When the Hamster Dance made your computer crash, and asking the paperclip for help took twenty minutes... *tear*

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    When the Hamster Dance made your computer crash, and asking the paperclip for help took twenty minutes... *tear*
    *shudders*
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    When you had to tie up a phone line (this was also before everyone and their grandma had a cell phone) and worry about it randomly disconnecting on it's own, forcing you to reconnect.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Ok, who has the biggest?

(avatar)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Yeah, I was on dial-up until around 2007. Watching the spinning beach ball made me want pull my hair our. URGH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!