Page 1098 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 985989981048108810941095109610971098109911001101110211081148 ... LastLast
Results 16,456 to 16,470 of 17222
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post

Source: Nerdist.

No Booth art, FORTUNATELY. (Although I wonder what happened to that WIP panel that had Kara in it...)

Awww. Poor Jon is desperate for a grandparent type relationship. ( Also, is it me or does Jon looks like kid Christopher Reeve? Which makes it a little strange since this version of Supes doesn't look like Reeve ) I'm also wondering if Ella is going to have a relationship with her grandson. I can understand her not coming this time since she might have thought that Sam and Lois needed to patch things up first, but I do hope she makes an appearance later. I also hope that a Martha revival is in the works.

Secondly, I like seeing Sam interact with his grandson. It seems like he at least wants to have a relationship. It also seems like Lois specially prepared a dinner( and dressed up perhaps? ) to eat with dad, which is sweet. It's nice to see them making an effort to repair their relationship. However, I do have to wonder if Sam already knows about Clark's identity and is about to tell her that he knows.
    Last edited by rosawater; 03-10-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Marvel's past has come to destroy Clark's future :P
    Hehe.

The artist look about right, except perhaps Maguire and Hughes order. The later, I feel, is more appropriate for the romantic issue(and less suitable for the DoS one) than the former (if the covers really translate the content in it).

Scrap that if there's a wedding part at the end of issue #5, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

Oh, very nice parallel!

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by rosawater View Post
    Right? I couldn't be more underwhelmed if I tried. But yeah, ignoring is the best policy. I just hope I they release something Superman related that I like under the Black Label because the idea is right up my alley.
    I'm always open for more (good) Superman.

I mean, they could even call Barry Windsor-Smith and invite him to finally publish that Lois/Superman story he wanted years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rosawater View Post
    Awww. Poor Jon is desperate for a grandparent type relationship. ( Also, is it me or does Jon looks like kid Christopher Reeve? Which makes it a little strange since this version of Supes doesn't look like Reeve ) I'm also wondering if Ella is going to have a relationship with her grandson. I can understand her not coming this time since she might have thought that Sam and Lois needed to patch things up first, but I do hope she makes an appearance later. I also hope that a Martha revival is in the works.

Secondly, I like seeing Sam interact with his grandson. It seems like he at least wants to have a relationship. It also seems like Lois specially prepared a dinner( and dressed up perhaps? ) to eat with dad, which is sweet. It's nice to see them making an effort to repair their relationship. However, I do have to wonder if Sam already knows about Clark's identity and is about to tell her that he knows.
    Ella died when Lois was a child per the Secret Origins continuity (the one they're using the most).

The lovely device called retcon...
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

By KAKU ART:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

1944's unpublished Superman story: "Supermite"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Another quote from Bendis: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...-jim-lee-sxsw/

"(on upcoming issues): Action Comics #1000 will be starting the Superman run with a tease. Superman #400 is one of my favorite comics of all time, a celebration of comics in general. And so, to be part of the thousandth version of that is so exciting. We’re using it as the jumping off point for Man of Steel #1, a big event with each issue drawn by one of the biggest artits at DC. It will end with a new status quo, a new situation for Superman in the DC universe. And then it will be followed by Superman #1 and Action Comics #1001."
    Credit to Dragonpiece.

Thanks for sharing! Loved the story. Golden Age Superman stories have a charm of their own.

Lovely pics.

Unknown Comic Books' Action Comics #1000 exclusive variant cover by Tyler Kirkham:

Last edited by Jon11; 03-18-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon11 View Post
    unknown comic books' action comics #1000 exclusive variant cover by tyler kirkham:

Excellent cover..

Despite Kara is here Lois looks too young in this image...
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-11-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Unknown Comic Books' Action Comics #1000 exclusive variant cover by Tyler Kirkham:

all of these positive and happy covers and Kirkham gives a ominous cover with doomsday lol

DAN JURGENS TALKS SAYING GOODBYE TO SUPERMAN WITH ACTION COMICS #999 (EXCLUSIVE)

For over 30 years, Dan Jurgens has helped mold the world of Clark Kent and his cosmic alter-ego. From his first brush with the Son of Krypton as a penciler on 1987’s The Adventures of Superman Annual #1 to his iconic stint as a writer and artist for on Superman in the ’90s, which spawned the best-selling graphic novel Death of Superman, Jurgens has made his mark on the Man of Tomorrow.

Now, as Action Comics heads towards its thousandth issue, Jurgens is moving on from the Big Blue Boy Scout yet again. We got an exclusive look at Jurgens’ last issue, and caught up with him to talk about three decades of creating Superman comics, his last issue of Action Comics, and the morality of the Man of Steel.

Jurgens’ time on Superman makes him one of the iconic character’s longest tenured creators, a fact that’s not lost on the storyteller. “Knowing that I was able to make that kind of contribution to one of, if not the most notable character in comics, is really quite special,” Jurgens told Nerdist. “One of the reasons for that is it means I was able to find different things to say about the character, while at the same time finding some consistency in approach. It can be a delicate line to walk and I think I found the right path.”

Collaborating with Jurgens on Action Comics #999 is artist Will Conrad, who brings a unique take to his visualization of Supes. “Will has a particular approach to Superman that captures him quite well,” Jurgens said. “I’ve always said that Superman needs to have a certain sense of presence on the page that comes across all the time. Will gives Superman that sense of presence and stature that really feels like Superman. At the same time, Jon and Lois have the necessary level of humanity that works for them. It’s a great approach.”

Issue #999 is a juxtaposition between epic Superman space action and the interior home life of Lois and Clark, but it also explores the idea of restorative justice, something often ignored in cape comics. “We talk all the time about what a horrible place the Phantom Zone is—being stuck there is a particular form of cruel and unusual punishment,” Jurgens said. “So that takes us down the road of wondering if Superman would really use that as a prison? In our understanding of Superman, would he really act as judge, jury, and ‘executioner’ in terms of sentencing someone—even as evil as Cyborg Superman—to the Phantom Zone? Or would he try to actually help him?”

These kinds of questions are what appear to make Superman a fascinating character to Jurgens. “I’ve always said that one of the unique things about Superman is that he deals with the victims of a crime in a way that most superheroes don’t,” he said. “Yes, he’s there to stop the criminal, but he’s also there to help the victim. And, given his origin, Cyborg Superman is also a victim.”

Jurgens began his current Superman arc with the Rebirth relaunch, which saw Action Comics return to its original numbering. “This really acts as an epilogue to our previous story, which was all about family,” Jurgens said. “We’re continuing that here. It also serves as a bridge to my story in Action 1000. Both deal with the concept of, ‘Who is Superman?’ Sure, we see the obvious, which is his ability to move a mountain, but does he ever go beyond that?”

He continued, “Anytime a writer is exploring a character, they have to find the proper parameters. As I step aside, I decided to do a little of that with Superman rather than just tell ‘the next big adventure.'”

The thing Jurgens is most excited about in his last issue is the fact that it’s a story that matters. “We aren’t marking time here—not just filling in the gaps,” he said. “We advanced the ball on the family’s overall relationship. We also addressed the overall question of how Superman relates to his rogues gallery. It made for a very nice way to bid a fond farewell to Superman.”

Action Comics #999 hits your local comic shop on Wednesday, March 14.

Aww! Jon is so excited to have a grandpa! Me? I feel nervous of having Sam Lane in this story (and him interacting with the Super family). I just hope he changes his views, and respects Lois, Clark and Jon.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Source: Nerdist.

No Booth art, FORTUNATELY. (Although I wonder what happened to that WIP panel that had Kara in it...)
    Thanks for sharing the preview!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)