Page 917 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 4178178679079139149159169179189199209219279671017 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,755 of 17222

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Yessssss:

Source: @StNiniansLib.

The return of...

By Patrick Zircher.

Creepy smile, tho.

Superman #16 variant cover:

https://scontent.fssa2-2.fna.fbcdn.n...f3&oe=58D7D316

By Tony Daniel.
    Thanks for sharing, Jon!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    so I was gonna make this question it's own thread, but just gonna ask. What do you guys think, in all media from comics,tv shows and movies, is the best first meeting and love story between Clark and Lois?

I think I would say Smallville, because I personally prefer it when Lois falls in love with Clark first and not Superman
    , but I am curious on other peoples thoughts.
    Yup...Smallville is my choice as well. I mean, just look at them...Clark's smile says it all. Finally someone who saw Clark the man and not this huge secret that needed to be solved. And I of course liked their first meeting because the way Martha and Jonathan and later Lois found Clark, parallel each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina_ro View Post
    MMMMMHHH...
    I usually disagree with this artist's pov and this isn't an exception, I'm afraid.

New 52 Lois has a shit%y relationship with her father too. I don't understand why she said...

"I’m really curious to see how preN52 Lois would react when she finds out about N52 Lois’ family, but at the same time I don’t want to see her hurt, knowing her version in this world had had such a loving family, something she didn’t have (or maybe she’ll be glad…I don’t know…)."

He's an assh### like usual in this world too.

Bah... We don't know so much about New 52 Lois and her relationship with her family, with the exception of the Bennet's one-shot. She had a so much better connection with her sister there and I really loved that!!! Aside of that... not so much. To be fair Lois hasn't appeared too much in the N52 Superman's books (she was a plot device mainly).
    Oh, I just thought it was a cool post because it shows the kind of stuff she has endured (with her father) and how strong she is despite being told by Sam that she was a disappointment, and...remember the "outrage" because PreFPLois is "stealing someone else's life"? *gasp* The post kinda has a point in the sense that New52Lois was the one who asked PreFPLois to step in, so PreFPLois has to make a huge sacrifice for the sake of others by pretending that New52Lois is alive. =(
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-05-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Also...

Where's my Lois' book written by Sterling Gates??? WHERE??? T_T

But, HEY, don't worry! Jiménez loves her too [*sighs*] (I really like the guy, but seriously.... =/ )

Source
    Loved the tweets, thanks Mina_ro. It's sad that we're still waiting for it, isn't?
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post

Yup...Smallville is my choice as well. I mean, just look at them...Clark's smile says it all. Finally someone who saw Clark the man and not this huge secret that needed to be solved. And I of course liked their first meeting because the way Martha and Jonathan and later Lois found Clark, parallel each other.

Oh, I just thought it was a cool post because it shows the kind of stuff she has endured (with her father) and how strong she is despite being told by Sam that she was a disappointment, and...remember the "outrage" because PreFPLois is "stealing someone else's life"? *gasp* The post kinda has a point in the sense that New52Lois was the one who asked PreFPLois to step in, so PreFPLois has to make a huge sacrifice for the sake of others by pretending that New52Lois is alive. =(
    Smallville version is my favorite due to the great chemistry and gradual build up of sexual tension between them.

Action Comics #971 preview:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Source: AITP!
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    What...is the best first meeting and love story between Clark and Lois? I think I would say Smallville, because I personally prefer it when Lois falls in love with Clark first and not Superman, but I am curious on other peoples thoughts.
    Agree: I like it when Lois loves Clark first as well. The other way round makes her feel shallow to me, & she just "got lucky" because, gee whiz, Superman & Clark turn out to be the same guy. Portrayed that way, I had the nagging sense that Lois indeed always loved Superman but resented Clark, or at the least was disdainful of him, until she was told the truth & then...amazingly, lol...she loves Clark too, unreservedly. It probably helps that Ms. Durance's version of Lois is my favorite of all the live action iterations; she seemed to strike the perfect balance of sassy & sensitive by turns, & to me at least, really showed her tender heart (some portrayals are too far over into the "brassy" side of the equation for my taste). Her chemistry with Mr. Welling was great too.
    "We're #1! We're #1! All others are #2 or lower!"

Gorgeous!!! That necklace is suspect, though ^_-

Absolutely!

Also...

Where's my Lois' book written by Sterling Gates??? WHERE??? T_T

Source
    It's settled, then. Lois Lane, written by Sterling Gates, art by Chris Samnee.

I know Andy Diggle wanted to write it, too, but I think he's better suited for a Superman title.

But, HEY, don't worry! Jiménez loves her too [*sighs*] (I really like the guy, but seriously.... =/ )
    It's definitely weird to read that when there's other guy dying to write it and other who was the most close to do it. There's editorial and all involved, but c'mon... the guy did absolutely nothing worthwhile with the character.

Lee Weeks' SUPERMAN is here, baby!

The rest of the preview for Titans #7: http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/06/d...couldnt-get-in

Not a big fan of the colors used, tho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sta8541 View Post
    Agree: I like it when Lois loves Clark first as well. The other way round makes her feel shallow to me, & she just "got lucky" because, gee whiz, Superman & Clark turn out to be the same guy. Portrayed that way, I had the nagging sense that Lois indeed always loved Superman but resented Clark, or at the least was disdainful of him, until she was told the truth & then...amazingly, lol...she loves Clark too, unreservedly. It probably helps that Ms. Durance's version of Lois is my favorite of all the live action iterations; she seemed to strike the perfect balance of sassy & sensitive by turns, & to me at least, really showed her tender heart (some portrayals are too far over into the "brassy" side of the equation for my taste). Her chemistry with Mr. Welling was great too.
    I love Smallville's Lois Lane too but I have some pretty big problems with this comment as what you are describing here has legitimately never happened and the very idea that it makes her "shallow" is a prettt sexist misinterpretation of the source material that has lingered for far too long and isn't far to her and isn't true.

Lois always loves the REAL person. Always. That has never changed. The very idea that she "just got lucky" in other versions that they wound up the same person is just staggeringly wrong. It's not true. On "Lois and Clark?" She CHOSE Clark Kent over Superman. She loved Clark. And it was made very clear that she loved Clark as early as season 1 but it was easier for her to open up to Superman because he was a fantasy and less scary.

The Richard Donner movies? Superman was the REAL person and Clark Kent was a cowardly buffoon disguise. It is infuriating to me that Lois gets hit with this "shallow" insult because she deigned to fall in love with the REAL person as opposed to a lie. A lie that she saw through, btw, by the second movie.

In comics? It was the same thing. When Clark Kent acted true to himself? Lois loved Clark. She has always loved the REAL person. In the Bronze Age? She married CLARK and only discovered he was Superman after they were married.

You also need to ask yourself WHY she sometimes resented Clark. Because he was a professional competitor who was a MAN in a job that she had devoted her life to and had to work twice as hard at. Why is it so hard to understand the way sexism comes into play here? You are so easy to throw her under the bus and I just cannot with that sexism.

On Smallville, the "REAL" person was a complex combination of Clark's human and alien side and it was only in Clark embracing BOTh sides of himself that Clark himself was able to grow and be the hero he was meant to be. Lois loved Clark Kent but The Blur was how Clark fell in love with Lois as his hero persona was an equal part of him.

Look...I'm just gonna put it on the line. We are all Clois fans here but it infuriates me to see that kind of sexism enter the discussion here. You need to think harder on this. It is UNFAiR to basically say that Lois was "shallow" for loving Clark when he was being true to himself as opposed to LYING. Women who have the audacity to want the best for themselves are always called "shallow" and it just has got to stop. Lois was not shallow for wanting Superman. That's a sexist lie and it's one you have to stop repeating, guys. Challenge what you've been taught about women and love and retrain yourself to reject that sexist crap. Lois Lane is under no obligation to want a lie over the truth. It doesn't make her shallow. Further, why should Superman be loved for someone he's not? And why is this burden always on HER to be the one to do all the work for a man who isn't being truthful to her?

Lois does not and never has "just gotten lucky" that Clark Kent and Superman are one in the same. That's not what happened and so completely unfair to her that I can't believe I read that in a literal Clois appreciation thread. I'm sorry...look we are all on the same side here but it upsets me to read this stuff from actual Clois fans. I expect the other people to miss all this sexism but it pains me to see actual Lois fans do it too.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 01-06-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Look...I'm just gonna put it on the line. We are all Clois fans here but it infuriates me to see that kind of sexism enter the discussion here. You need to think harder on this. It is UNFAiR to basically say that Lois was "shallow" for loving Clark when he was being true to himself as opposed to LYING. Women who have the audacity to want the best for themselves are always called "shallow" and it just has got to stop. Lois was not shallow for wanting Superman. That's a sexist lie and it's one you have to stop repeating, guys. Challenge what you've been taught about women and love and retrain yourself to reject that sexist crap. Lois Lane is under no obligation to want a lie over the truth. It doesn't make her shallow. Further, why should Superman be loved for someone he's not? And why is this burden always on HER to be the one to do all the work for a man who isn't being truthful to her?

Lois does not and never has "just gotten lucky" that Clark Kent and Superman are one in the same. That's not what happened and so completely unfair to her that I can't believe I read that in a literal Clois appreciation thread. I'm sorry...look we are all on the same side here but it upsets me to read this stuff from actual Clois fans. I expect the other people to miss all this sexism but it pains me to see actual Lois fans do it too.
    I understand the points you are making and it makes me think differently on some of their relationship portrayls in the media, but I think you are overrating a tad. I was just saying it's nice to see her fall in love with Clark then Superman sometimes. I get your points though about how it's not wrong for her to want to fall in love with Superman first.

Someone on Reddit made this connection about the song. What a memory!
    I actually had made that connection back when the preview hit. I'm more curious if it's a particular song or not.

I really love this kind of little gems! Sadly this volume doesn't include SM #7! Such a beautiful issue.
    Uh-huh. I understand that it needs to be fit in the next trade, but that issue is seriously the true selling point of this title.

By RickCelis:

By Doris Fuller:

By sifucoreyart:

...sexist misinterpretation...staggeringly wrong...sexism...that sexism...that kind of sexism...You need to think harder on this...sexist lie...that sexist crap...all this sexism...
    That's 4 times you used the word "sexism" & 3 times you used the word "sexist." You also presume that an opinion can be "staggeringly wrong," & you presume to tell me to "think harder." You also called me a liar. My post is my opinion, & I am entitled to it. If you go back to the Golden Age stories, you will see that she was literally swooning for Superman at the exact same time she was berating & despising Clark Kent. That's not sexist: that's history. Read for yourself & you will see it is true. I enjoyed the Bronze Age marriage, & I liked Smallville's portrayal of their relationship, as I said. It was my favorite one.

As to this "lie" or "lying" or "not being truthful" thing in regards to Superman: you do understand why he "lies" to the people he cares about, right? To protect them. From the numberless bad guys that want Superman's head on a stick & will ruthlessly use those closest to him (including Lois Lane) to effect that end. Superman is NOT a liar, NOR is Clark. If he chooses to hide his true identity from people, it is for their protection. He certainly doesn't need the protection. And his true identity is his secret to share with whomever he will. He's certainly under no obligation to tell anybody anything about himself if he doesn't want to. And that includes Lois Lane.

You also need to ask yourself WHY she sometimes resented Clark. Because he was a professional competitor who was a MAN in a job that she had devoted her life to and had to work twice as hard at.
    One of the reasons Superman became a reporter was because it was a job you couldn't "super" your way through. Sure, he can superspeed type & so on, but skill at writing? No. There's no "super" solution for that. Writing is a craft. He had to work just as hard at it as Lois or ANY other reporter, male or female. That fact was a great deal of what attracted him to writing as a career in the first place.

The Clark Kent side of Superman is as real as his Kryptonian side. It is his disguise, yes...but that doesn't make Clark "not real." Thus, Superman can never "be loved for someone he's not." He's as much Clark as he is Kal. Some have argued that he is even more Kansas farmboy than Kryptonian royalty, based on time: he's spent a lot more of his life on earth than he ever had on his homeworld.

As I said at the beginning: it's my opinion, & I'm entitled to it. You disagree. That's fine by me.
    "We're #1! We're #1! All others are #2 or lower!"

Yessssss:
    Just started the @ExcelsiorAward senior short list- reading Lois and Clark. So far it's my fave
    So cool!!

Source: @StNiniansLib.

The return of...

Anj @dranj70
    @PatrickZircher Has this Clark mentioned Boeuf Bourguignon yet?

Patch Zircher ‏@PatrickZircher
    @dranj70 (read Action 973)
    The last time Boeuf Bourguignon was mentioned was in N52SM #42 (or 42 =/ )

Why am I remembering that nightmare?

Well, whatever...

By Patrick Zircher.
    Creepy smile, tho.

Totally creepy.

Superman #16 variant cover:

By Tony Daniel.
    So pretty!!! Will Daniel be doing the Superman variant covers in the next issues?
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 01-07-2017 at 08:38 AM.

THE cutest!

You've a good point here. My disagreement with the original post was about the "lovely" family issue. Except with Lucy I don't see major differences between them, We know much more about the PF Lois' family because she was absolutely more relevant before.

Talking about Lois'family... XD

Action Comics #971 preview:

^^^^

THIS has to be so painful for her. His son doesn't know nothing about his roots, he doesn't know his aunt, his grandfather (his cousin). And he finds all these photos and starts to do some questions. Soon or later she hast to answer his questions and it's going to be weird...

PD: "Wow. She looks just like you"
    But this baby has already met with N52Lois (in the last arc of N52)...

Mmmm... Inconsistencies again. Maybe I am being a little fussy but I would like that authors of each book read the another stories. If they can't do it, the editors have to be their job. It's a minor detail here, of course, but it'd be better if both stories (with the respective characterizations) flow coherently.

Thanks for the preview, Jon!!!

I actually had made that connection back when the preview hit. I'm more curious if it's a particular song or not.
    You, sir, (and that redditor) have my absolute admiration =D

I mean, seriously... How did you remember this little (tiny) detail??

Uh-huh. I understand that it needs to be fit in the next trade, but that issue is seriously the true selling point of this title.
    It's my favorite issue of this current run to this date. It synthesizes perfectly the new status ^_^

Nice one!!

Cool! Is it a mixture between a picture with digital art, right?

Another piece that I'd want to have as wallpaper. Beautiful!