Retired

Default young Clark Kent beats swimming record, so the legend begins

No one has posted this yet on the Superman board, so I thought I would.

Astonishing Member

Guess Aquaman is going to have to find a new profession now. Superman is the king of the seas now.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Guess Aquaman is going to have to find a new profession now. Superman is the king of the seas now.
    You know, I realized just now Superman and the Flash have raced many times before, but I have never heard of Superman and Aquaman in a swim race.

Retired

If anyone at DC is paying attention their PR department should be trying to capitalize on this in some way. Maybe give Clark Kent and his family free tickets to the premiere of AQUAMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You know, I realized just now Superman and the Flash have raced many times before, but I have never heard of Superman and Aquaman in a swim race.
    In "Smallville", Aquaman easily outraced Clark in the water. But I don't think they've ever raced in the comics.

I remember a thread about Michael Phelps versus Johnny Weismuller and the comments about how ridiculous that was, that things have changed so much and evolved that high school girls have better swimming times than Olympic athletes in Weismuller's era. And now Phelps isn't the top dolphin anymore within just a few years.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

I think in the news they said that Clark beat Michael by a whole second, which in swimming races is a lot. Most records are broken by fractions of a second. Anyway Phelps was magnaminous about it on twitter saying: Big congrats to #clarkkent for smashing that meet record!!! Keep it up dude !!#dreambig

https://sports.yahoo.com/michael-phe...090341269.html