Page 1006 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 6506906956996100210031004100510061007100810091010101610561106 ... LastLast
Results 15,076 to 15,090 of 17222

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    By Manny Clark:

By tb86:

By GCura:

New video: Clark + Lois || Danger Zone

Thanks for sharing all the art (and the videos) you've been finding, Jon! ^_^
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    I got to thinking about Jon's name after Lois called him by his full name in the last issue of Superman. When I first learned that Clark and Lois had named their kid Jon, I was a bit underwhelmed since that name is soooo overused in AUs, Elseworlds, and alternate timelines for Superman's son. And I thought it was too plain and too common.

I was kind of hoping that they would follow how Clark was named by Martha and Jonathan. He was given Martha's maiden name as his first name so I thought hey, maybe Lois's maiden name can be used the same way for her son. Yes, I actually wanted a Clois kid to be named Lane Kent. So sue me. :P

But after giving it more thought and doing some Googling, I found that the combination of Jon's paternal and maternal grandfathers' names work well together and is quite fitting. Their meanings match well. Both names are of Hebrew origin. Jonathan means God has given, and Samuel means God has heard.

Jon's full name also connects to both of his parents in a way. Both Clark and Lois have middle names of Hebrew origin as well since they were named after their Jewish creators. Lois's middle name of Joanne is the feminine form of John which means God is gracious.

Clark's middle name of Joseph means may God add another. From what I remember of my Bible studies, Joseph's mother, Rachel, was barren but God finally gave her a son after many years so she gave Joseph that name. Samuel's mother, Hannah, was also barren so she prayed her heart out and promised to dedicate her son's life to God's service if given a child. God heard her prayer and that's how Samuel got his name. I find these names very appropriate since Clark was a miracle baby for the childless Martha and Jonathan. Even though in the current continuity it doesn't look like conceiving a child is an issue for Clark and Lois, they were childless for many years in other iterations. So Jon bearing the middle name of Samuel is quite meaningful in a way.
    Good analysis, and I totally support it being canon. Although I still think the main reason for that choice was the stink that the name Jon Lane Kent carried around after Lobdell's run.

Hopefully, with the New Krypton storyline retconned away, we can get some Sam & Jon time. (There's a lot to cover regarding Jon's relationships with others members of the superverse, isn't there?)

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    This is awesome, hehe!!

Hehe, it's fate!
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Action Comics #982: It was a good issue. Loved the bit with Jon showing the Fortress to Krypto. Seriously, gimme a digital comic following the adventures of the Superboy and his Superdog! I like the twist with the blind Superman, don't get me wrong, but I'd be curious to see how he'd dealed with the super villains with no sight disadvantage. He tried, but that quick defeated was a certain thing. The Super Family (and Lex) arrival was truly chilling. Can't wait to the fight (although I think it deserved more than just two issues). The art was equally good. After I finished the issue, I was surprised to find that José Luís joined Jack Herbert on art, which shows how it flowed seemingly.

In other unrelated news, water is wet and Lee Weeks is fantastic. Damn, Batman, eyes off, he's ours!

Superman & Lois action figures:

Via willliangco.

By yagatori:

By _e.lee_:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

By Adam Stinson:

BTW, he's also the artist of this GOLD piece (and the truest truth):

By @thumbnailedlife/.

Last edited by Jon11; 11-28-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Action Comics #982: It was a good issue. Loved the bit with Jon showing the Fortress to Krypto. Seriously, gimme a digital comic following the adventures of the Superboy and his Superdog! I like the twist with the blind Superman, don't get me wrong, but I'd be curious to see how he'd dealed with the super villains with no sight disadvantage. He tried, but that quick defeated was a certain thing. The Super Family (and Lex) arrival was truly chilling. Can't wait to the fight (although I think it deserved more than just two issues). The art was equally good. After I finished the issue, I was surprised to find that José Luís joined Jack Herbert on art, which shows how it flowed seemingly.

In other unrelated news, water is wet and Lee Weeks is fantastic. Damn, Batman, eyes off, he's ours!

Superman & Lois action figures:

Via willliangco.

By yagatori:

By _e.lee_:

Beautiful, beautiful art. Thanks to all the people sharing their work with us!! ^_^ *I want those action figures...=(*
    Last edited by TomariS; 06-29-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

By Adam Stinson:

BTW, he's also the artist of this GOLD piece (and the truest truth):

By thumbnailed_the_life.

Thanks for sharing, Jon!!

Fantastic Member

By [URL="http://stinson-png.tumblr.com/post/162413415516"]

I just thought I'd put these images together in one post. They seem to have similar themes. Haha!

Thanks for posting all the great artwork, guys!

Fantastic Member

I don't know if I'm missing this because I'm tired, but is your post missing the Lee Weeks part, Jon11?

In any case, I enjoyed the latest Action, too. At least Superman's team has backup in the Fortress. While the starting line up is outside, Jon and Krypto can be the backup substitutes. Since Lois is also very resourceful, I imagine she can find some kind of Kryptonian weapon gizmo stashed away in the Fortress and use it on the intruders. If this was Tomasi and Gleason writing, I'd expect her to use the Kryptonian armor.

Or better yet, she can find the phantom zone projector!

Beautiful, beautiful art. Thanks to all the people sharing their work with us!! ^_^ *I want those action figures...=(*
    I hope to see one for DCEU someday. Also one for Rebirth, Supes need his wife and Jon his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    I don't know if I'm missing this because I'm tired, but is your post missing the Lee Weeks part, Jon11?
    A little context, yes. Okay, Lee Weeks was the artist for the Elmer Fudd/Batman comic, which is getting all the praise in the world (deservedly so), and now people are voicing for more Lee on Batman. Now, I know that Lee Weeks don't take monthlies, but if he ever changes his mind or start doing more guest art, I want it to be on Superman not on Batman.

In any case, I enjoyed the latest Action, too. At least Superman's team has backup in the Fortress. While the starting line up is outside, Jon and Krypto can be the backup substitutes. Since Lois is also very resourceful, I imagine she can find some kind of Kryptonian weapon gizmo stashed away in the Fortress and use it on the intruders. If this was Tomasi and Gleason writing, I'd expect her to use the Kryptonian armor. :P

Or better yet, she can find the phantom zone projector!
    Yeah, I could see that happening in the Superman title, but less likely in Action Comics with the Super Family involved.

Action Comics #984 variant cover:

This Trinity #11 variant cover looks fantastic:

Action Comics #980 color sample:

By Chris Canibano.

This Trinity #11 variant cover looks fantastic:

Sienkiewicz?
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

From Superman v2 Annual #6 (1994) ...

And speaking of the "Feral" Man of Steel...looks like we'll have to add 3 more children to the Multiversal Lane-Kent family, hehe... >=P

Richard:

M'R'R:

And K'R'K:

"Now, in the skies above the empire, the Kent offspring can be seen wearing the Kent family crest, the emblem their father took from the 'shining egg'"
    Last edited by TomariS; 07-01-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Sienkiewicz? :-D
    Yes!

From Superman v2 Annual #6 (1994) ...

This was a good elseworld. I enjoyed the time it took to develop the relationships within the story.

And the scene from the second scan was very amusing.

And speaking of the "Feral" Man of Steel...looks like we'll have to add 3 more children to the Multiversal Lane-Kent family, hehe... >=P

Richard:

M'R'R:

And K'R'K:
    I like their designs. I support the continuation of this story!