Page 1049 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 49549949999103910451046104710481049105010511052105310591099 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 17222

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post

Source: Multiversity.
    Thanks for the preview Jon.

January solicits:

ACTION COMICS #995

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund, cover by Dan Jurgens and Trevor Scott, variant cover by Neil Edwards and Jay Leisten.

"Booster Shot" part three! Time is broken, and Superman and Booster Gold are in over their heads trying to repair it! Meanwhile, Lois Lane confronts her estranged father -- and Sam Lane now stands face to face with his grandson Jon for the first time. As Clark struggles to reconcile the truth of his own father, can Lois Lane do the same?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 10.

ACTION COMICS #996

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Will Conrad, cover by Dan Jurgens and Trevor Scott, variant cover by Neil Edwards and Jay Leisten.

"Booster Shot" part four! Superman and Booster Gold are out of time, and they've found themselves marooned on a strange planet sometime in the future. So why does this planet's infrastructure look...Kryptonian? The answer shakes the Man of Steel to the core as the ruler of this planet reveals himself...the son of Zod reigns supreme!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 24.

SUPERMAN #38

Written by Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason, art by Ed Benes, cover by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert, variant cover by Jorge Jimenez.

"Super Sons of Tomorrow" finale! With no other choice left, the Batman of Tomorrow brings in the Titans of Tomorrow to take on today's Teen Titans -- as the life of Superman's son hangs in the balance! See the return of future Superman Conner Kent, Wonder Woman Cassie Sandsmark and Bart Allen Flash in the final battle of this epic crossover.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 3.

SUPERMAN #39

Written by Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason, art by Barry Kitson, cover by Chris Burnham, variant cover by Jorge Jimenez..

"Super Sons of Tomorrow," finale! With no other choice left, the Batman of Tomorrow brings in the Titans of Tomorrow to take on today's Teen Titans -- as the life of Superman's son hangs in the balance! See the return of future Superman Conner Kent, Wonder Woman Cassie Sandsmark and Bart Allen Flash in the final battle of this epic crossover.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 17.

SUPER SONS #12

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Jorge Jimenez, cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli, variant cover by Dustin Nguyen.

"Super Sons of Tomorrow," epilogue! Superboy and Robin must face the repercussions of the events of "Super Sons of Tomorrow" and how the emotional toll will affect their relationships with each other, their parents and the Teen Titans. Meanwhile, the past rears its ugly head to haunt Damian Wayne -- in the form of his mother, Talia Al Ghul!

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Jan. 17.
    I am much more interested in the Super Sons of Tomorrow crossover now than I have been before. Surprised to know Sam Lane hasn't met Jon yet in the current timeline.

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #37

Written by Robert Venditti, art by Jack Herbert, cover by Francis Manapul, variant cover by Barry Kitson.

"Power of Zod," part one. After a recent battle with Superman in Action Comics, General Zod recovers as he takes control of a small, undeveloped world. When Hal Jordan investigates, it sets the course for a confrontation between the Kryptonian warrior and the Corps' bravest and brightest Lanterns.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Jan. 24.

Now, this is interesting. Hopefully Ursa will also get involved to help her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    I am much more interested in the Super Sons of Tomorrow crossover now than I have been before. Surprised to know Sam Lane hasn't met Jon yet in the current timeline.
    I think that's just the solicit. Or at least, I hope. It wouldn't feel right to have Sam not knowing his grandson.

Sweet, Funko is doing a poll on which Smallville pops people would like to see: https://legionofcollectors.com/poll-...of-smallville/ (Hoping it give us Smallville pops - especially Clark and Lois - indeed!)

Also, Erica Durance spoke during a Q&A about convincing Tom to join Supergirl's cast:

Brandon Christopher When are you going to get Tom Welling to make an appearance? Not that you alone getting back into Superverse isn’t awesome!

Supergirl It's on my to do list. Ha!
    Source.

This new drawing by jcarilloart came at the right moment:

I doubt it will come to fruition, but it's been fun to have some Erica/Tom indirect interplay now they're both back on primetime!
    By _rafael_silva:

By magpieillustrations:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Superman Earth 1 & Earth 2's timelines by Chris Morris:

By Cesar Feliciano:

By Darryn Holbrow:

Interview of Peter Tomasi on Super Sons:

NYCC ’17: Talking Fatherhood, Grief, and Jon Kent Saying “Hell” with Peter Tomasi

For many people the debate is Superman vs. Batman. Who is better? Who would win in a fight? I am pretty sure they made a whole movie based on this concept. The answer these people are missing is so obvious. It is not who would win in a fight, but what if they made an ongoing series staring their sons Jon and Damian. It turns out it would be called “Super Sons” and it would be written by Peter Tomasi with art by Jorge Jimenez.

Originally announced back in the initial ‘Rebirth’ roll out, but not released until 6 months after the launch titles, it was a title many people were looking forward to after Tomasi’s run on “Batman and Robin.” The series follows the adventures of the two kids as they learn who they are, how to be superheroes, how to deal with their parents and, more importantly, how to deal with each other. To learn more about how the series is shaping up with issue 9 dropping this week (of which we shared an exclusive preview earlier today), we were able to speak to writer, Peter Tomasi at this years New York Comic Con. We talked briefly about his time on “Batman and Robin,” giving a realistic voice and motivation to kid characters, and what the Jon and Damian might be up to in the future of the series.

First off, how’s the Con going? Is it better being up here in the DC booth and out of that sweaty artist alley?

Peter Tomasi: It is hot. Right here in the DC booth, this is where you want to be, man. The ventilation here is awesome.

How does it feel that your and Patrick Gleason’s outstanding run of “Batman and Robin” is being collected in an omnibus next month? How’s that feel having that kind of big of a run collected and being able to look back on the series?

PT: Honestly, it’s so great to see it collected in one big book because it really is one big story. I’m really, really proud of it. I’m hoping that over time a lot of people find it and discover that storyline, because we had such a blast doing it, and to be able to work that gambit of emotions of Damian dying and being brought back. But honestly, comic death is treated in some ways very lightly. I remember when we first killed him off after like an issue or two, [some fans are] like, “Why is he still thinking about this? Move on. He should be moving on.”

It’s like, “You know, he just lost his son.” It’s like you really wanted to see how that affects the character, through the five stages of grief and really explore the pain of it. I think it just really humanizes Batman as a character. There’s a lot of emotional stuff in that book, so I was really proud of it.

I think it’s so important how that run played into your run on “Superman” and then carrying into “Super Sons.” You have such a handle on these characters’ emotions and motivations. I feel like the way this series is tackling Jon and Damian has been perfect. How do you approach the personality, character, and motivation of two kids who happen to be superheroes and happened to be completely different people at the same time?

PT: The funny this is you sort of look at yourself in a way. You say…or I even look at my son where he can be angelic and at the same time he can be a devil and in a weird way, that’s what I look at as a basis, as a template. My son is basically a pain in the ass at times and other times he’s great and just like all of us, we have those kind of moments where they’re a little darker and another moment where you’re a little lighter. It’s sort of just being open to all that too, and not being afraid to show those moments.

It’s just to show Jon that he doesn’t fall far from the tree, but he’s not just one blank slate of listening to every direction, listening to every…He’s not going to always be the kid who listens to everything his father says. He’s going to test things like all kids do, push boundaries a little bit, and try to find his own way in the world at the same time, which is what every parent wants.

That’s how we’re kind of playing the book out too.

I mean, you had a lot of time to cultivate Damian, then coming into “Super Sons,” and then on “Superman,” you’ve been really kind of the driving force on Jon and his characterization. Where was he when he started and where do you see him now and going forward?

PT: I think Dan Jurgens did a great job on “Lois and Clark,” bringing it in, and I think we just had a real blast sort of doing what I was saying; a some more shadings on him, watching a kid want more out of the superhero life, seeing what his dad does, learning about it, and trying to understand where he fits in it. It’s almost playing on The Incredibles in a way where it’s like he’s got these powers; why can’t he use them? Why can’t he go out there and hang out with Damian and have his own little adventures?

He’s got curfews, he’s got this, and he’s got that. We’re just going to play with that aspect of it too and show that you can have these powers as a kid, but you’re still going to need to do your schoolwork, pay respects to your mom and your dad, but at the same time, he’s going to run into trouble because sometimes you have peer groups, like Damian’s, that will push him, be the little devil on his shoulder and say, “Hey, let’s go do this right now,” and he’s got to…you learn by your mistakes too, sometimes.

Both Superman and Batman are two of the biggest superheroes in popular culture. How do you weight their role in a series about their kids? Both are active and involved parents, so realistically they could show up at any point in Jon and Damian’s day to day. We have seen them in “Super Sons,” but how do you balance the need for them to be present in the series but it is about Damian and Jon?

PT: Yeah, I try … The key is in “Superman,” it was important for me and Pat to make sure that you did see them because sometimes you’ll be like, “Let’s not show them too much because it’ll be overexposed,” or we don’t want to keep playing off of that and stuff with Superman and Batman all the time, but it’s important. They’re their parents, so I think it’s really key that in “Super Sons” to show that they’re having their adventures, but it’s still a family dynamic.

It’s still…Clark and Lois are going to be permeating Jon’s life and Bruce and Alfred will be doing the same thing on Damian. We’ve got some stuff exploring school soon, and exploring maybe the new headquarters that they’re building and things like that. It’ll be interesting to see how fans sort of react to the way we’re going with it.

Right. I always like that, like you said, they’re not present, but just like kids … Damian’s always like, “I don’t think your dad would approve of you doing that,” or, “Why is your dad so mopey?” They’re a presence, but they’re not as just there hanging out in the background. That’s the way it is in kids’ lives. Parents, no matter who they are are a big part of who a child is.

PT: Yeah, I mean, there’s even a scene where Damian’s flying … I mean, John’s flying around and he wants to say like “Hell.” His first instinct is just like most of the time when he’s flying with his dad, so he hesitates for a second because he’s like, “Oh my god, I don’t want to say that in front of my dad,” but of course, he looks around and goes, “Oh, he’s not here.”

He always…you know what I mean? They’re in your head. Your parents are in your head.

Another fun thing about the series is they’ve been on more, I would say, adventures than end of the universe crisis missions. I mean, they are kids. They’re not tackling the biggest DC super villains. Where do you see them going forward, kind of those adventures?

PT: I think it’s just going to be a mix. A mix of some big ones, some small ones. Slice of life stories and mixing it up that way too. Just keep humanizing them as much as possible and just show them on a daily grind and at the same time putting some situations that are mind boggling and epic.
    Source: Multiversity.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

I think a LOIS LANE #1 solo ongoing title in 2018 would be a great way to celebrate her 80th anniversary alongside Clark's own celebration.

Btw, there is a voting competition on the CBR forum and the last two finalists are Storm and Superman. Please support Superman by going to the thread:

http://community.comicbookresources....n-Game-Thread!

And upvote Supes +2 (also downvote Storm by -2).

Come on, go Team Superman go!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I think a LOIS LANE #1 solo ongoing title in 2018 would be a great way to celebrate her 80th anniversary alongside Clark's own celebration.
    It'd be indeed.

Superman #33: It definitely felt like coming home. There was just a comfy feeling in the writing, you know? I liked the Superman/Lex duo, even if seeing them on good terms will always be kinda weird. I especially like that Lex's overly confident voice still evokes suspicion. Lovely family moments. Man, I'm feeling hopeful for this arc! Doug Mahnke's art was mostly good, but there were some really rushed panels.

Super Sons #9: The plot took a while to pick up, but I loved, just LOVED the ending. That's what this title is all about! The characterization is a hit. Like Jon's character inherited from his father and mother, and Damian's goodness despite his difficult personality. Clark's appearance was just the icing on the cake. Carmine's style is a almost completely different from Jimenez, but he did manage to bring the same energy to his parts.

By Harry Burrows:

By neottia-orchids:

By Sean Galloway:

Superman #35 cover:

Super Sons #10 variant cover:

Source: Monkeys Fighting Robots.

By Steve Rude:

By Paul Lee:

Final round of Funko's Smallville Pops poll: https://legionofcollectors.com/poll-...of-smallville/

Tom King confirms Lois will be in the Super Friends two-parter:

Where do they go as a couple from here?

To hell and back. [Laughs]

From here we go to the rest of the DCU, in the next issue the family finds out. We have Nightwing, we have Jason, we have Damian. And you know Catwoman’s still wanted for 237 murders in current continuity. That’s tough to get married and bring your wife home to your mom and she Googles her and sees “237 murders? Oh shit!” So he has to solve that problem.

After that we go to the Justice League. What does Superman think? What do Superman and Lois Lane think of this? Green Lantern’s like the world’s greatest bachelor. There’s so much reaction, this is a world you’ve never seen before in Batman and we combine all that emotional shit with the world exploding, and that’s how you make comics.
    Source: Player.One.

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    I remember something of WAR OF SUPERMAN(I think), Lucy Lane mentioned his father opinion about superman and about LoisxClark marriage during her superwoman time... He did not approve this.

Seems that he was not the kind of man that he wanted for his daughter.
    . BUT... 10 years like that? However, I saw War of Superman, I am not surprised.. Another bad grandfather(I compare him with Damian grandfather, Al Ghul, I doubt see the best granfather of the world)..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-19-2017 at 12:29 PM.

From Superman #33:

Via Wil Quintana.

Sweet, Will Conrad is now part of Action Comics art team, starting of issue #992:

Ok! It’s now official, so I can post it: I’m now part of Superman’s creative team starting on Action Comics #992, I’ll be one of the artists responsible for the visuals on the book! Hope you all enjoy

Source.

I absolutely approve it!