Page 1082 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 825829821032107210781079108010811082108310841085108610921132 ... LastLast
Results 16,216 to 16,230 of 17222

Tom King : From Action Comics 1000

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomKingTK...77688780627974

Someone post the image here please, it looks fabulous. Also tell me how to post images with links to their sources.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Since this thread has been kinda going slow, can I ask what everyone's favorite clark and lois storyline is? Mine is superman 46, where the couple kiss on a hill with fireworks.
    Although it's a bit painful, I liked the one where Mxy is trying to fix their relationship after the engagement is temporarily broken off.

Also like their honeymoon story where Clark can't use his powers and sort of has to rely more on Lois and his own wits.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Since this thread has been kinda going slow, can I ask what everyone's favorite clark and lois storyline is? Mine is superman 46, where the couple kiss on a hill with fireworks.
    I like how Man of Steel handled their relationship. Lois figures out his identity with the intention to make it a groundbreaking story, but after hearing him out, she respects his secret and drops the story. That kind of mutual trust and respect goes throughout DCEU.

If I could name Smallville's S4-10 as the slowburn love story of Lois and Clark, I would pick it as my favorite as well. There are tons of gold moments they share as friends and as a couple.

As for comic books, I would say Superman: Convergence as of the latest and Rebirth's prequel Superman: Lois & Clark with Lee's art. If we go further, I like Secret Origins and Secret Identity.

Wedding Album to end the list.

Superman 46? Which volume is it? Volume 2 perhaps? I haven't read a lot of Superman having started reading after Rebirth. Here are a few of my favorites.

1) Lois and Clark. The miniseries following Convergence. It is a real favorite of mine. Having survived the events of Convergence they are practically speaking exiles in this new world which was at once strange and yet familiar. Kind of like Clark became an alien yet again. Not only was he the last survivor from Krypton he was the last survivor of their universe. This time he and Lois were together. It felt poignant and heart touching. If they went without that Reborn i would have been fine too. Both Lois and Clark felt really interesting characters to me. Not that they aren't now but i felt it was something special which can't really be done in canon. They only had each other while raising their son. Its a good one.

2) Superman Reborn. I love this a lot. There were some huge stakes and it felt as if everything that i loved in Rebirth was in stake. Lois forgetting Clark was a real gut punch. It was almost completely lost as Clark forgot too. And Jon bringing his parents back while joining their two halves together making them complete was great. The last few panels with them returning to the real world with Superman saying everything would be alright is one of my favorites.

Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-01-2018 at 04:30 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, I did'nt want to list Convergence/Lois and Clark because it felt to obvious a choice, but it was one of the more seminal relationship stories and showed how tough Lois can be fending off Intergang as well as bringing about their downfall.

That episode of Superman: TAS when Lois finds herself in an alternate universe is great too, first real instance of her realizing she loves Supes

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, I did'nt want to list Convergence/Lois and Clark because it felt to obvious a choice, but it was one of the more seminal relationship stories and showed how tough Lois can be fending off Intergang as well as bringing about their downfall.

That episode of Superman: TAS when Lois finds herself in an alternate universe is great too, first real instance of her realizing she loves Supes
    I haven't read much. So i went with the obvious. Its odd that even though i love Superman TAS so much i haven't watched every episode of it. I watched it when it was on television. They had CN then known as Cartoon Network where they used to show reruns of older shows. Superman was the first Timmverse show i watched. They never showed it completely. Some episodes i have watched a lot of times. Others never. This alternate reality episode is something i haven't watched.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#7817b4585c40

Bendis to write Action Comics and Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post

Points of interest for Clois fans

When the two regular monthlies pick back up, things won't be the same in Superman' world. "The fallout of Man of Steel #6 is enormous," Bendis insists. "It's some of the biggest status quo changes to Superman literally since Crisis. So we'll be launching Superman with a brand new #1, and that's going to be very Superman-focused and big DC action stories. Action Comics will be launching with #1001, I'm very happy to say, and that will be focused more on Clark and Metropolis and the Daily Planet, and how the world of Superman effects the world of DC."
    Hmm...

That said, it's important to understand this will not be a "reboot" of the character or his world, something that might disturb some fans and purists. "For those who are worried, they should not be," assures Bendis. "The last runs on Superman by Dan Jurgens and Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason have been phenomenal runs, and my run will be following their runs. We're not throwing anything out, we're not abandoning anything, we're following what's been going on and taking it to surprising new areas."

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I haven't read much. So i went with the obvious. Its odd that even though i love Superman TAS so much i haven't watched every episode of it. I watched it when it was on television. They had CN then known as Cartoon Network where they used to show reruns of older shows. Superman was the first Timmverse show i watched. They never showed it completely. Some episodes i have watched a lot of times. Others never. This alternate reality episode is something i haven't watched.
    I have a lot to choose from since I have been an avid Superman fan since 1961. That said, here are a few of my favorites.
    Silver Age: "Whatever happened to The Man of Tomorrow"
    Bronce Age: (Byrne reboot) Clark and Lois engagement.
    Modern Age: Not a fan of New 52. However the entire Lois,Jon and Clark series was a personal favorite.
    TAS: Alternate universe story.
    Warner Movies: Superman I and II, Man of Steel.
    TV shows:Lois & Clark New Adventures of Superman, Clark/Superman proposal to Lois(in a rainstorm!)
    Smallville:episode(Season 4) that Lois dunks Clark in the tank.Episode clark reveals his double identity to Lois.
    Graphic novels:The New Frontier, Superman:True Brit,Superman,Peace on Earth.
    Information:Superman Encyclopedia, Steranko History of Comics.
    Also love the Golden Age stories and the Daily and Sunday Comic Strip compilations.
    Sorry to be solong winded, but over the years, Superman has given me a LOT ofmaterial to love.

Someone post the image here please, it looks fabulous. Also tell me how to post images with links to their sources.
    I like this image..

Favorite storyline? As in an arc or issue? For a long arc, I think nothing beats Smallville Season 11 for me, that had a great balance between making the relationship very much present without stop telling other stories. For an one-shot, I liked the dream story in Injustice Y3, the backup family story in Superman Annual #13, and the final moment in Adventures of Superman #48 (the whole story is one my favorites, but that last moment with Lois and Clark is just the most perfect exemple of their relationship). There are other fun stories like Clark betting with Lois he could get a story without powers, their talk in the Artic, and the Metropolis Mail bag (which I'm predicting Jurgens & Butch will be homaging in AC #1000).

Thanks for sharing, The Learner!

(To post image you only need to use the code *img*url of the pic*/img* (but instead of the asterisk you must use brackets [ ])

Bendis isn't a name that I get super excited about, and I'm sad to see Jurgens (especially) and Tomasi/Gleason go, but it's wait and see. The line of artist is amazing (Doc Shaner!!! Hughes! Jason Fabok!! Ryan Sook!!! If we can get Juan Ferreyra now that he's off Green Arrow would be fantastic)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Points of interest for Clois fans

Hmm...

The inked version:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Kaare Andrews does it again! (Action Comics #998 variant cover)

That red star? Amazingly poignant.

Superman #43/#44 variant covers:

Last edited by Jon11; 02-01-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

By Ho Che Anderson:

Man, the ramparts at DC Comics are incredibly high and incredibly sturdy. I had a Superman story I wanted to tell. I knew it was a long shot but I pitched the story anyway. In fairness, you don't just brazenly approach a major publisher about doing something with their flagship character. You wait to be invited. These are sample pages I created as part of my pitch. The story is going to be recycled into an original superhero epic—coming soon.

By tylerliamart:

By chibi_mike:

Because iconicness is having a dance number named after you:

Last edited by Jon11; 02-02-2018 at 04:23 PM.