Page 1102 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 1026021002105210921098109911001101110211031104110511061112 ... LastLast
Results 16,516 to 16,530 of 17222

Vault Collectibles' Action Comics #1000 exclusive variant cover by Dave Dorman:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

I loved both previews. Gleason's art has improved a lot and I liked the interaction between Lois and Clark. Oh, Kathy-Maya too though I hope they get along soon. Tomasi and Gleason do know how to write women, opinions from a few users do not prove they don't. There are plenty of women enjoying their writing just as much I do. Also I thought the Wonder Woman thing could have been avoided, not because I give a damn about her. It is that I just don't want to see even her name brought up in a Superman book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Vault Collectibles' Action Comics #1000 exclusive variant cover by Dave Dorman:

Thanks for the cover.

BANNED

They even gave Jonathan Kent the spit-curl in that variant

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    newyorkknife2.jpg

"What happened to Lois Lane and Jon Kent?"

LOL, they really think this **** is cute, huh? Okay, I can admit that Bendis' trolling is funny. Even though I'm a little annoyed that they're using the fate of Lois and Jon to hype Man of Steel, the fact that DC is using the "Whatever will happen to Lois and Jon?" question makes me even more confident that nothing too depressing will happen to them.

BANNED

Thing is...that Super Sons cover is itself a troll, as you'll find out when you read it

Yeah, I just read it and loved it. I haven't seen a book as consistently great as this one in a long time. Kudos to Tomasi for it. Also Jon, Super-Ninja-Jedi-Boy? Lol

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, I just read it and loved it. I haven't seen a book as consistently great as this one in a long time. Kudos to Tomasi for it. Also Jon, Super-Ninja-Jedi-Boy? Lol
    Yep, I would have loved to see it go a hundred more issues. Seems like we will get a lot less jon since he won't be in the main books or have super sons. Even if he gets on a team book as speculated, he still won't have as big of a presence as before and that makes me sad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, I would have loved to see it go a hundred more issues. Seems like we will get a lot less jon since he won't be in the main books or have super sons. Even if he gets on a team book as speculated, he still won't have as big of a presence as before and that makes me sad.
    It's sad to think DC are willing to damage the Supersons brand just so Bendis can play with a "classic" status quo for a while...I have no doubt Jon will be back, but the absence is going to cost him fans and momentum. We can only hope we learn more about where he fits in with Doomsday Clock, and, even more so, hope that it's still set a year in advance of everything...you know how Bendis loves his time skips. His run could be set after, we don't know...there's not much cop to a "new era" for Superman if we know it's temporary.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's sad to think DC are willing to damage the Supersons brand just so Bendis can play with a "classic" status quo for a while...I have no doubt Jon will be back, but the absence is going to cost him fans and momentum. We can only hope we learn more about where he fits in with Doomsday Clock, and, even more so, hope that it's still set a year in advance of everything...you know how Bendis loves his time skips. His run could be set after, we don't know...there's not much cop to a "new era" for Superman if we know it's temporary.
    I thought it wasn't because of Bendis that Super Sons was cancelled?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I thought it wasn't because of Bendis that Super Sons was cancelled?
    That's what I kept being told by other Superman fans but then again does anyone really know outside of people at DC? All we really have is speculation at this point. All I can say is that without this particular book that focuses on him (in a team book he will not have the same type of focus) and with Bendis wanting to put Jon on the back burner for awhile I can see his popularity losing its momentum. That's just sad.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That's what I kept being told by other Superman fans but then again does anyone really know outside of people at DC? All we really have is speculation at this point. All I can say is that without this particular book that focuses on him (in a team book he will not have the same type of focus) and with Bendis wanting to put Jon on the back burner for awhile I can see his popularity losing its momentum. That's just sad.
    That is understandable though I wonder whether the higher ups made some sort of deal with Peter Tomasi to somehow continue Super Sons unless they are referring to the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt team up. i don't know base don tweets by Bendis it implies Jon will be involved in some capacity.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That is understandable though I wonder whether the higher ups made some sort of deal with Peter Tomasi to somehow continue Super Sons unless they are referring to the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt team up. i don't know base don tweets by Bendis it implies Jon will be involved in some capacity.
    I really hope that the Super Sons/Dynomutt team up isn't what Tomasi was talking about when he was saying he wasn't finished with the characters yet. As for the rest we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I've just never been comfortable with the idea of Bendis being on both Superman books is all and that's down to his recent Marvel work.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG