Page 1108 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 1086081008105810981104110511061107110811091110111111121118 ... LastLast
Results 16,606 to 16,620 of 17222

Quote Originally Posted by supersamara View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I really appreciate the love <3

Thanks Soubhagya for the links! They were really helpful!
    Happy to hear that you found them useful.

I had a blast at the con and even met Dan Jurgens in person!! I joined the lines WAY in advance so that I could sit in the front rows, and I just couldn't believe that I was only a few feet away from my heroes TTATT It was simply the best weekend I've ever had TTATT

Also, during Dan's panel, I asked him why Lois's hair got short since Rebirth, and he said that he really wanted Lois to have clean-cut short hair because that what he thinks she would be wearing in the 21st century. He also wanted to make her look different from the 90s where she had the giant curly hair and shoulder pads, which would give a very specific retro look to the character if she still had that hairstyle. So he decided to draw her like this. Honestly, I LOVE Lois's short hair. I've always thought her hairstyle spoke volumes about her personality too, as a more mature yet spunky character ;D

Whoah! That is so cool. Nice to hear that you enjoyed your time. And talked with Dan Jurgens! Nice to hear why Lois hair has shorter now. I am loving it. But why this is done is nice to hear.

Hehe... busted... ;P Yeap, I'm samarasketch!! ^w^ I thought I should use a different username since I'm not posting any art here :P I can't believe you caught that!

Before I left, I drew a quick little card for Dan Jurgens to thank him for his kindness at the convention, and for writing our beloved Clois back into the comics with Rebirth! I also posted it on my Instagram and Facebook

Attachment 63870
    Thanks for sharing your picture here. Its sweet and beautiful. Its so cool that you did this for Jurgens. He is really lucky. So, are you. And all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    That's so cool! \(^o^)/

OMG, OMG!! You are THE samarasketch?! Your work is so beautiful...love it! Hope you don't mind that we have some posts with your art here (don't worry, we always credit the authors, and post links to their original work). *fangirls now*

Tbh i am unable to share your enthusiasm. After all you do the hard work and post the pictures. I lazily look at them, and make a comment once in a while. But i am really happy. I will take note of who the artists are from next time.

But so what. I loved the picture Samara sketched.

I hope Samara keeps posting here. I love Clois fans. And Supersamara is really cool. That lovely picture was something drawn at the convention. And the first post is in Lois and Clark thread.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-28-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supersamara View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I really appreciate the love <3

Thanks Soubhagya for the links! They were really helpful!

I had a blast at the con and even met Dan Jurgens in person!! I joined the lines WAY in advance so that I could sit in the front rows, and I just couldn't believe that I was only a few feet away from my heroes TTATT It was simply the best weekend I've ever had TTATT

Also, during Dan's panel, I asked him why Lois's hair got short since Rebirth, and he said that he really wanted Lois to have clean-cut short hair because that what he thinks she would be wearing in the 21st century. He also wanted to make her look different from the 90s where she had the giant curly hair and shoulder pads, which would give a very specific retro look to the character if she still had that hairstyle. So he decided to draw her like this. Honestly, I LOVE Lois's short hair. I've always thought her hairstyle spoke volumes about her personality too, as a more mature yet spunky character ;D
    Man, that sounds amazing. I haven't go to a con yet, but that's the feeling I wanna have once I do.

Hehe... busted... ;P Yeap, I'm samarasketch!! ^w^ I thought I should use a different username since I'm not posting any art here :P I can't believe you caught that!

Before I left, I drew a quick little card for Dan Jurgens to thank him for his kindness at the convention, and for writing our beloved Clois back into the comics with Rebirth! I also posted it on my Instagram and Facebook

Attachment 63870
    Heh, I have a really good memory.

Lovely sketch. Jurgens is lucky to own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Doomsday Clock#4 also came out today, but aside from a Saturn Girl cameo, no Superman. Just Batman again.
    When I realized it was more a Watchmen story than a DCU one I dropped it. Not interested in that at all.
    Last edited by Jon11; 03-28-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Thukral & Tagra’s exhibition “Science, Mystery & Magic” at Tokyo Gallery from 2011:

The Foundation Thukral & Tagra, founded by the artists Jiten Thukral and Sumar Tagra in 2009, aims to spread awareness about the transmission of HIV and to dispel misinformation about AIDS. By employing the multi- disciplinary creativity, playfulness and humor that are hallmarks of their art istic practice, Thukral & Tagra explore new avenues of communication and education to bring the issues of HIV and AIDS to the public. Their efforts are predominantly targeted towards the urban, middle-class youth, as this demographic group now enjoys leisure time, a measure of privacy and a disposable income, all of which contribute to increased sexual activity at an earlier age. The goal is to break through the ingrained embarrassment associated with talking about sexual activity so that the subject of safe sex practices can be introduced. By positioning their imagery and products at a variety of points in the consumer society (in art galleries, upscale malls and low-income street markets, on wearable items, printed give- aways, and expensive paintings) and collaborating with health care organizations who are already working in the field, Thukral & Tagra hope to create situations where parents and children, flirtatious teens, and inexperienced peer groups are coaxed into addressing the subject and are educated so that they can make responsible choices.

As the media and consumer landscapes of India become increasingly Westernized and over-heated, so too does the prevailing imagery employed become increasingly sexualized. This may often seem at odds with the perceived conservativeness of Indian society, where extended families continue to live together and arranged marriages are still the norm. Adolescent courtship, pre-marital sexual activity and trans-gender experimentation may not be subjects one learns about in school but they are increasingly visible on the televisions and cinema screens of India. The space of fine art, with its emphasis on freedom and curiosity, may be an appropriate platform to educate young people about life and death subjects. Thukral & Tagra look back to the “golden age” of Indian art, specifically the famous temples of Khajuraho, with their blatantly promiscuous sculptural facades illustrating all manner of carnal activities. These randy couples and groups, touristic clichés like the infamous Kama Sutra, are transplanted to the modern, middle class bedroom, swathed in the sentimental pastel tones of the boudoir and “sheathed” in a blanket decorated with the diagrammatic program of how to apply condom to penis. Thukral & Tagra’s message is two-fold for the youth of India today: do not be ashamed of the pleasures that are historically yours but act responsibly in regard to our contemporary dilemmas.

(Warning: a bit more suggestive pics)

https://www.artpluralgallery.com/cus...love2-copy.jpg

https://www.artpluralgallery.com/cus...love3-copy.jpg

https://www.artpluralgallery.com/cus...tion_love5.jpg

http://www.tokyo-gallery.com/assets_...xauto-1355.jpg

http://www.tokyo-gallery.com/assets_...xauto-1361.jpg

Source.
    Last edited by Jon11; 03-28-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

By CHUBETO:

The biggest sin of the press for Justice League was the lack of Amy Adams' take on the Superstache.

By @KuroLaurant:

By Max Kapow:

With the 80th Anniversary getting closer, I figured it'd be time to start a small celebration for it aroung here. Starting with the first meeting (an its tribute by Alex Ross):

And here's a variation with his own style:

And, finally, an animated style version:

Last edited by Jon11; 03-28-2018 at 09:07 AM.

BANNED

Doomsday Clock#4 also came out today, but aside from a Saturn Girl cameo, no Superman. Just Batman again.
    What a shocker: Batman put to the forefront yet again. Johns said way back in October of last year that Doomsday Clock was all about the differences between Manhattan and Superman. Maybe someone higher up at WB decided there wasn't enough Batman?

BANNED

So the ending of Metal involved spoilers:
    some changes made to reality based off the subconscious wants and desires of DC heroes...
    end of spoilershow will this play into Man of Steel and the fates of Lois and Jon?

That's so cool! \(^o^)/

OMG, OMG!! You are THE samarasketch?! Your work is so beautiful...love it! Hope you don't mind that we have some posts with your art here (don't worry, we always credit the authors, and post links to their original work). *fangirls now*

>///< You're making me blush!!! I didn't expect you guys to recognise my art >///< I always thought I was quite the unknown fanartist... hahaha
    And of course I don't mind you guys posting my art here! I'm really honored yall liked them!
    I've always thought you guys were amazing, posting new Superman stuff here all the time! I could always count on this thread for Superman news!

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Tbh i am unable to share your enthusiasm. After all you do the hard work and post the pictures. I lazily look at them, and make a comment once in a while. But i am really happy. I will take note of who the artists are from next time.

But so what. I loved the picture Samara sketched.

I hope Samara keeps posting here. I love Clois fans. And Supersamara is really cool. That lovely picture was something drawn at the convention. And the first post is in Lois and Clark thread.
    Thank you!! I'll try my best to post often!

I honestly don't know what to think about this... XD I'm hoping to see Lois's character treated better than she was in prior movies, though.
    I haven't seen the sneak peek yet, because I didn't want any spoilers, but you guys are really hyping me up for Death of Superman!!
    I never really liked the DianaXClark stuff, so I didn't bother watching the previous movies, but Lois has always seemed to be some background character in them D:

The last time I actually liked the Lois and Clark dynamic in the animated movies was in Superman Unbound and I even bought the DVD!
    But the movies started following the New 52 stuff and Lois just disappeared from the main plot altogether...

So the ending of Metal involved spoilers:
    some changes made to reality based off the subconscious wants and desires of DC heroes...
    end of spoilershow will this play into Man of Steel and the fates of Lois and Jon?
    So... The return of the trunks can be related with this.

https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...03;overse/amp/

Superman #44 preview. Looks really good and somebody please post the images here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...03;overse/amp/

Superman #44 preview. Looks really good and somebody please post the images here.

BANNED

Me am (un)impressed with am artwork. (don't) upload more

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post

Thank you Jon.