Page 1109 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 1096091009105910991105110611071108110911101111111211131119 ... LastLast
Results 16,621 to 16,635 of 17222
    BANNED

I miss the beard

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

I miss the beard
    I shouldn't be spreading this information, but Superman actually never shaved. His beard is digitally removed after going through editorial to coloring.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I miss the beard
    Superman's arms being so wide always ruins the art for me.

BANNED

Does Kathy now have the dog? I know the cut got fried by Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post

Yup. Definitely don't know what to say. Makes me a bit uncomfortable to know that this is the "same universe" that gave us a scene with a jealous Lois out of nowhere, because it never existed in the original story from the comics.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Source: cloisismyfairytale.

EDIT: The video:

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Thanks for sharing, Jon!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Hehehe. So, Boyzarro tried to burn Hawkzarro?! XD

Thanks The Learner and Jon, for the link and the preview! ^_^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Hehehe. So, Boyzarro tried to burn Hawkzarro?! XD
    And Hawkzarro hurt his cat

BANNED

Jurgens is asked about Superman being a father now and how it affects the stories being told. Jurgens contrasts it with Batman and how he’s almost always had a Robin. What it did for Batman was provide a way to change Batman’s relationship to the world through his being a sort of caregiver. With Superman now having a son, we have new ways to ask the question, “Who is Superman?”
    Scott Snyder joins the panel and is asked about his work on Superman. Snyder sheepishly postpones the answer and apologizes for his lateness — he was signing and got lost. Understandable, the convention center is truly the size of a huge city block. Prepare yourselves: Snyder goes super deep on this one, noting that the greatest misconception you can make when writing Superman is that you think he knows what he’s being all of the time. No — he makes the decision he has to make at the time. He makes the moral choice and hopes it was the right one. Snyder notes that Superman knows that his life as Clark Kent will end someday and that Superman will outlive him and everyone he cares about. Brutal. Yet, he knows that Clark Kent must go into this world and continue to speak truths into power.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...cs-1000-panel/

I see Snyder has kept the same opinion of Superman that he had when he wrote Superman Unchained. I used to love that series when it came out but after the ending I realised how much Snyder doesn't get Superman. Snyder seems obsessed with Superman's potential immortality when that's only the smallest aspect of the character and the ending of Unchained undermined Superman's actions completely. Now that I've seen Snyder repeat his thoughts on the character, I'm less excited about Snyder on Justice League now. Not that Snyder is a bad writer, but he does overuse the 'revealing something never seen or known about Character X' far too often.

I miss the beard
    Heh, I don't. I mean, Lee Weeks drew it greatly, and it was a nice look for the story they did, but I prefer Superman without it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I shouldn't be spreading this information, but Superman actually never shaved. His beard is digitally removed after going through editorial to coloring.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Superman's arms being so wide always ruins the art for me.
    Ditto.

Thanks for the info, Miles To Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I see Snyder has kept the same opinion of Superman that he had when he wrote Superman Unchained. I used to love that series when it came out but after the ending I realised how much Snyder doesn't get Superman. Snyder seems obsessed with Superman's potential immortality when that's only the smallest aspect of the character and the ending of Unchained undermined Superman's actions completely. Now that I've seen Snyder repeat his thoughts on the character, I'm less excited about Snyder on Justice League now. Not that Snyder is a bad writer, but he does overuse the 'revealing something never seen or known about Character X' far too often.
    I agree. Lois stuff aside, Superman: Unchained failed to really excite me.

And the little I read of Metal, I didn't like it (although there were a few cool moments in it).
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

By Alexandra Presser:

This was done for a exhibition in celebration of the 80 years of Superman in Brazil. Here's a pic of it with some of the artworks (and here's the rest).

By J Hewitt:

Art by Al Rio, coloring by renan_linods:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

A couple of cool quotes from the Q&A that Tom Welling (and Michael Rosenbaum) did today at Awesome Con:

Fan says that Clark was always afraid to use his powers around lana and was afraid to hurt her physically. But with Lois, he embraced himself more. And Tom agrees, says there was more of an emotional connection btwn Clark&Lois. #Smallville #AwesomeCon #clois

Michael and Tom think it'd be cool if there was a #Smallville animated series. #AwesomeCon
    Source: @MaeAbdu.

I so would love to have a Smallville animated series. Also, Bryan Q. Miller already works on scripts for the animated movies, so that would be two out of two to do a project like this.

"Smallville" custom cushions:

By fatsquirrelcraft.

BANNED

Lex has a very strong case of DULL SURPRISE there