Page 1134 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 1346341034108411241130113111321133113411351136113711381144 ... LastLast
Results 16,996 to 17,010 of 17222
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    The only comic book couple that comes close to reaching Clark/Lois' popularity are Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson, and that relationship has the disadvantage of being obliterated by Marvel because it limits storytelling possibilities for Spider-Man (stupid excuse in my opinion).
    Marvel have'nt entirely obliterated the Peter/MJ marriage. They keep it around in other universes (newspaper strip and Renew Your Vows) and manage to do a very decent job of progressing it and keeping it healthy. Why they won't do the same for the mainstream version is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Oh, I guess I am now rooting for the this next Stjepan Sejic's project to work out as best as possible:

Source.
    OH MANNNN... I want this to happen SO BAD D': Stjepan sure knows how to portray their dynamics! I'm not a fan of the flat hair on Clark though... it makes him look like he has oily hair that hasn't been washed for days...

Also, thanks guys, for bleeping out the spoilers for Death of Superman! I'm waiting for the official release before I watch it I can't wait for all the Clois stuff!!

Oh, and one last thing... Am I the only one getting tired of the repeated teasing in Man of Steel? D: I guess it's great that we get a little more information now about why Jon and Lois are missing, but it's just so frustrating to see the same scene get repeated again and again. The time-jumps throughout the issue are also difficult to follow D: My only consolation is that the interactions between Lois, Clark, and Jon are super adorable in this issue, especially when...

spoilers:
    ...they get confused who Grandpa Jor-el was referring to, and they go

Clark:"Which boy?"
    Lois: "This boy?"
    Jon: "Me boy?"
    end of spoilers.

The art was amazing though <3

Oh, I guess I am now rooting for the this next Stjepan Sejic's project to work out as best as possible:

so, my approved pitch for dc is a heavy one. rather dark stuff but if that thing makes it big, my next pitch is so gonna be a superman/lois lane romance book, damn it

Source.
    OMG! I need that book ASAP!!! \(*0*)/
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just watched death of superman...EASILY the best clark-lois film we've ever gotten, live action or animated. I think you guys will be happy.
    I'm so happy with all the positive reactions I'm seeing of people that already watched it. I'm kinda avoiding spoilers, but I've seen a few and I liked what little I saw. Guess I'll have to buy the digital edition when it comes out. ^_^ Thanks for sharing the info, DragonPiece!

The best thing about Clark/Lois in modern times (especially in both the pre-Flashpoint and Rebirth eras) is that writers use their relationship not as a source of conflict, but as an asset that gives the characters strength to face whatever conflict they might encounter. Clark and Lois are beyond standard relationship issues and are just connected with each other in a natural, organic manner. I particularly enjoy how modern adaptations take steps to reconstruct this relationship and make it more acceptable to viewers; for example:

* Superman: Doomsday: Lois already knows Clark is Superman, she is just waiting for him to be admit it as a sign of trust.
    * Man of Steel: Lois is always aware of Clark's superpowers and indirectly inspires him to become Superman.
    * Rebirth: Superman already suspected Lois knew about his secret identity because she is too smart not to notice.

They are my favorite comic book romance and the golden standard by which all comic book relationships are measured. The only comic book couple that comes close to reaching Clark/Lois' popularity are Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson, and that relationship has the disadvantage of being obliterated by Marvel because it limits storytelling possibilities for Spider-Man (stupid excuse in my opinion). I'm insecure as to what will happen to the Kent family in the coming months but for now, they seem to be in good hands under Bendis' writing.
    Welcome to the thread!!

Last edited by TomariS; 06-21-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Via stewmurray47:

Had to share this on Father’s Day!! One of the largest statue displays in my collection. The Superman ‘Father and Son’ 1/4 scale statue from Garage Statues. I’ve had this piece for almost 2 years and haven’t really shared it until now. This is HUGE!! Measuring 31” tall, 21” wide and 10” deep this takes up a LOT of space on display but it looks great. Based on the cover to Action Comics #869 drawn by Gary Frank, it shows Clark and his Dad Jonathan just leaning up against a fence, sharing a beer and chatting on the family farm while Lois and Martha look on in the distance. I’ve always loved this piece of art...the way Clark casually has his shirt open to reveal his Superman suit underneath and his hand is clearly showing his Dad some rescue that he performed earlier...even the smiling expressions on both is perfect. To have a MASSIVE 1/4 scale showing this tender moment is so cool. I helped Simon with a few sketches showing how I would create this piece using a large backdrop and he did a fantastic job creating it in three dimensions. The sculpting work on Clark, his Dad, the bas relief backdrop is excellent AND he included fibre optic lighting so that the moon and all the individual stars in the sky light up. A truly epic piece (the backdrop is probably larger than the average tombstone to give you an idea of sheer size of this piece) which also includes swap out arms to change the drinks from beers to Soda Pop (DC received a little flak for showing characters drinking beer on the cover of #869 so on all future reprints they edited the drink to have a different label).

Beautiful, beautiful statue. Thanks for sharing, Jon! =)

The best thing about Clark/Lois in modern times (especially in both the pre-Flashpoint and Rebirth eras) is that writers use their relationship not as a source of conflict, but as an asset that gives the characters strength to face whatever conflict they might encounter. Clark and Lois are beyond standard relationship issues and are just connected with each other in a natural, organic manner. I particularly enjoy how modern adaptations take steps to reconstruct this relationship and make it more acceptable to viewers; for example:

* Superman: Doomsday: Lois already knows Clark is Superman, she is just waiting for him to be admit it as a sign of trust.
    * Man of Steel: Lois is always aware of Clark's superpowers and indirectly inspires him to become Superman.
    * Rebirth: Superman already suspected Lois knew about his secret identity because she is too smart not to notice.

They are my favorite comic book romance and the golden standard by which all comic book relationships are measured. The only comic book couple that comes close to reaching Clark/Lois' popularity are Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson, and that relationship has the disadvantage of being obliterated by Marvel because it limits storytelling possibilities for Spider-Man (stupid excuse in my opinion). I'm insecure as to what will happen to the Kent family in the coming months but for now, they seem to be in good hands under Bendis' writing.
    I think that, like with most of the pop culture icons, Clark and Lois' story reflects what each particular time expect from them. It's a natural evolution, of which I'm glad the DC/Warner has allowed to happen despite the naysayers within the company.

Welcome to the thread, BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by supersamara View Post
    OH MANNNN... I want this to happen SO BAD D': Stjepan sure knows how to portray their dynamics! I'm not a fan of the flat hair on Clark though... it makes him look like he has oily hair that hasn't been washed for days...
    Yeah, I think, if it ever comes to happen, he should tweak his Clark a little.

Also, thanks guys, for bleeping out the spoilers for Death of Superman! I'm waiting for the official release before I watch it I can't wait for all the Clois stuff!!

Oh, and one last thing... Am I the only one getting tired of the repeated teasing in Man of Steel? D: I guess it's great that we get a little more information now about why Jon and Lois are missing, but it's just so frustrating to see the same scene get repeated again and again. The time-jumps throughout the issue are also difficult to follow D: My only consolation is that the interactions between Lois, Clark, and Jon are super adorable in this issue, especially when...

spoilers:
    ...they get confused who Grandpa Jor-el was referring to, and they go

Clark:"Which boy?"
    Lois: "This boy?"
    Jon: "Me boy?"
    end of spoilers.

The art was amazing though <3
    Not a fan of the Lois/Jon plot either. That's been just all kinds of boring (and Jon's line repeated ad infinitum has been irritating).

Also, the way Jor-El has showed up in the series as if he wasn't simply pulled away at the end of "Oz Effect" didn't make sense at all. Bendis clearly came up with the idea of taking them off the table somehow and made things up as he wrote it.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

From Black Adam and the Eternity War:

By Tim Levins.

By juanpi_tetl:

By James Tennant Jr.:

By QueenoftheCapes:

Batman - Superman Swap:

A 'what if' thing like those Elseworlds stories they used to do! Anyway a Batman and Superman swap!
    Bruce Wayne was a farm boy in Kansas, Smallville who witnessed his parents death at eight years old. He was given custody to his godfather and neighbor Alfred Pennyworth. At the age of eighteen, inheriting his family's (what there is) wealth, travels across the world to train against crime. Settling in Metropolis at the age of twenty-five becomes an investigative reporter by day and Batman by night. (side thing. He fights kinda like Daredevil at first coming home to his apartment half dead every night, but saves Luscious Fox one day who gives him tech to fight Luthor (Luscious' boss), to put him behind bars.)
    The Kents are a wealthy family in Gotham and discover a pod from space holding a baby one night on a walk through Gotham park (they have enough money to cover it up). Discovering their boy has powers they must make a great effort to hide this from the world, but raise him in goodness and honesty. The famous and rich Clark Kent has a deep desire to help the world with his powers and becomes a cop under commissioner Perry White, Detective Lois Lane and his co-worker, Jimmy Olsen. This still isn't enough for him and he soon discovers his true origin, thus becoming the 'Superman' of Gotham City.
    And that's pretty much it

By Ashirogi28.

From Saalfield's Superman Coloring Book (1940):

Source.

From Superman Print Set (1940):

Source.

By Eric Doescher:

Coming up in the Walmart exclusive's Superman: Up in the Sky, story by Tom King and Andy Kubert:

Source.