Page 1138 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 1386381038108811281134113511361137113811391140114111421148 ... LastLast
Results 17,056 to 17,070 of 17222

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Why Lois and Clark are DC's Best Couple

https://www.cbr.com/superman-lois-best-dc-couple/
    Excellent article!!!

Master Hero Vladimir

Yep! I said it once and I'll say it again: Clark/Lois is the most legendary and iconic romance in comic books. The only couple that comes close in reaching Clark and Lois' popularity is Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson, and that relationship has the disadvantage of being obliterated by Marvel because they think a bachelor Spider-Man is more relatable (lame excuse in my opinion).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Yep! I said it once and I'll say it again: Clark/Lois is the most legendary and iconic romance in comic books. The only couple that comes close in reaching Clark and Lois' popularity is Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson, and that relationship has the disadvantage of being obliterated by Marvel because they think a bachelor Spider-Man is more relatable (lame excuse in my opinion).
    Peter and MJ are still married in a couple of ongoing continuities, the newspaper comic strip and Renew Your Vows

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I couldn't have put it better myself. ClarkxLois are legends amongst legends.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supersamara View Post
    I couldn't really get into Clark's characterisation though. It was a lot of angst and internal conflict, and it didn't feel like his feelings were communicated well, at least to me. Maybe I've been too focused on the disappearance of Lois to really notice, but I don't think Bendis was doing all that good a job at writing Clark.

Also, what's up with the firefighter anyway? It felt like Bendis was pushing her together with Clark or something... what with the meet-cute during her introduction. I mean, I'm all for strong women in comics, but in introducing her, we've lost the powerful character that was Maggie Sawyer (where'd she go, by the way? Did I miss something?)

And yes, Jon is entirely out of character. He'd always felt like the smart, curious, and good kid, who's slightly rebellious but still cares about his parents enough that he wouldn't worry them. To insist on following his grandfather (who's practically a stranger, as Lois had pointed out) and be so nonchalant about it, he seems more like a teen making bad decisions, rather than a charming kid raised with a strong moral compass.

Also, Jor-El was more good-meaning father/grandpa in Jurgens's run, but now he's an arrogant know-it-all who doesn't care for his family, just coming and going as he pleases. At first, I thought his intentions for taking Jon with him were linked to how the Earth was about to become trapped in the Phantom Zone, or that he knew the big-bad was coming, and maybe he wanted to save his whole family from certain doom. But now he's just a one-dimensional selfish douche.

On the overall, Man of Steel reads like bad fanfiction. It's like Bendis doesn't even care to read what his predecessors have written.

I miss my super-family, and my Clois most of all... I might stop reading these comics altogether if this is the trend that Bendis is setting
    Welcome to how Bendis writes.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

It's a great drawing.

I'd love an official Lois & Clark series by Des Taylor.

Adorable.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Why Lois and Clark are DC's Best Couple

https://www.cbr.com/superman-lois-best-dc-couple/
    That's not a good article. In order to correct misconceptions about Lois & Clark (poorly done, BTW), it applies them to the other couple even when it doesn't make the least of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by supersamara View Post
    I couldn't really get into Clark's characterisation though. It was a lot of angst and internal conflict, and it didn't feel like his feelings were communicated well, at least to me. Maybe I've been too focused on the disappearance of Lois to really notice, but I don't think Bendis was doing all that good a job at writing Clark.
    Also, what's up with the firefighter anyway? It felt like Bendis was pushing her together with Clark or something... what with the meet-cute during her introduction. I mean, I'm all for strong women in comics, but in introducing her, we've lost the powerful character that was Maggie Sawyer (where'd she go, by the way? Did I miss something?)[/QUOTE]
    I think his Clark has a very honest aura on himself and his voice has very few or none Bendis-speak in it, which helps a lot to make the good things about the character to shine. Of course it can all mean nothing depending on what's Clark's fault in the Lois/Jon plot.

And I didn't feel there was a flirt, honest. But again, it isn't unheard of new writers trying to pair the character with their new original character.

I miss my super-family, and my Clois most of all... I might stop reading these comics altogether if this is the trend that Bendis is setting
    I feel you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    This is a reasonable summation of why one would consider Jon out of character but then again Jon went along with Damian even though he did not really know what he was getting into. As for Melody Moore other than that moment there is little else to go on and Superman is too faithful to Lois to do that and I am sure Bendis knows this. As far as selfish maybe Jor-El is just being misguided under his current characterisation.
    There's this huge difference between the parents allowing the kid to go on adventures with someone of his age that they approve versus a lunatic guy who's not trustful and just want to take their kid away from his parents.

I don't buy the "kid just wants to go spacing" angle when there's this huge negative aspect about the guider.

Cool drawing.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

By Jon Pinto:

By tony.mondragon.7146:

By J. Scott Campbell, colors by Samicler Gonçalves:

BANNED

Man, between Man of Steel#6 and Batman#50

spoilers:
    July 4th is going to be a pretty depressing independence day
    end of spoilers

Man, between Man of Steel#6 and Batman#50

spoilers:
    July 4th is going to be a pretty depressing independence day
    end of spoilers
    And people complained about last year's Road Trip. :P

By thebossrayden:

By John Trumbull:

BANNED