Page 1141 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 141641104110911131113711381139114011411142114311441145 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,115 of 17222
    BANNED

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ironically not long after this Teri became a bond girl !
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

From Superman#1

BANNED

Interview with Bendis from The Beat:

Jon and Lois, though, were sent away in Man of Steel. Lois shows up already in Action #1001. She’s already back. And we’ve already hinted on the cover, that Jon comes back in just a couple issues. They’re not gone for the duration of my run or anything like that. They are gone, and Superman can feel how much he misses them and loves them and then they come back with a whole lot of story. Jon’s coming back saying “Oh my god, Grandpa’s crazy” and Lois has a lot going on with her too. So in the next few issues, right away, we’re not going to be throwing out the Superman family but reestablishing what that family unit means and how they interact with each other. And if I can overly answer the question, it’s a very special thing to me. I’m very engaged in Superman’s very special family and how they can love and relate to each other. It’s something that I think a lot of people in our own world can relate to, their special family they’ve created for themselves. We all have special family. And taking that idea into the future for Superman, it’s something that I am probably the most excited about.
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...n-comics-1001/

Quote Originally Posted by rosawater View Post
    Well...It sucks that Lois and Jon won't be getting a spin off. I held a tiny bit of hope that someone else would be writing their adventures. I'm just not interested in Bendis' writing it seems. The entire miniseries was either filled with annoyances or just plain boring. I'm going to give some issues of Action and Superman a try but to be honest I lost all my previous excitement. I'm happy for those who seem to enjoy it, though. Seems like this run is it's getting a pretty big push marketing push so that's nice.
    Yeah, I wish there was some other voice beside Bendis, a different flavor.

You know, everytime Tom Taylor tweets about Superman (which is daily) more and more I want to see him in a (real) Superman book.

Clark's had plenty of time to process the hurt of Oz's reveal and what could have happened if they had reconnected. His reaction in the series I feel is a little bit of both.
    That was not my reading. I expect much more a "what? how? But -" reaction than the casual one we got.

To better illustrate my point, end of Oz Effect:

Jor-El's reintroduction:

There isn't a cohesive story between those pages, unless Bendis retcons one.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

From Superman#1

Lovely panels. I hope we don't get mopey Clark every other issue, though.

Three things regarding the art: Lois is definitely back to black hair (I prefer the previous color to go with the short hair, tho), I really like the way Reis draws Clark's hair, and it's a nitpick, but I wish the artists drew the wedding band more in every panel (minus withSuperman, of course), not just when the scene wants to highlight they're married.

Interview with Bendis from The Beat:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...n-comics-1001/
    Huh, it kinda looks like a damage control interview. In yesterday's interview he didn't want to reveal anything about the storyline, but here he reveals that Lois and Jon will be back right away in Action Comics.

Anyway, I honestly am not sure of what to make of this storyline and the path leading to it. If I'd have to guess, I'd say it's one with the goal to redeem Jor-El in the end.

Also, regarding Lois reappearing in AC, someone who have read it said she has a minor role in it (probably the panel shown by Bendis): https://twitter.com/jacklazer/status...16849191079943. I guess her storyline only starts in the issues drawn by Ryan Sook.
    Last edited by Jon11; 07-05-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

From Batman #50 (art by Clay Mann):

By @Orfenn17:

By racherrie:

By Tom Aaron Smith:

Vintage T-Shirt:

Via eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Man of Steel ended on a good note, especially in the way Bendis handled Clark and Lois' relationship. There was no big fight, no loud argument, no silent departure, Lois simply decides to go with Jon and Jor-El. Even though Clark is unhappy with this decision, he accepts it nonetheless. He feels as if Jor-El is trying to take control of his family, which is understandable from Clark's part, because we have never seen a situation like this unfold in the Superman saga. Maybe Jor-El can show something that Clark can't and Lois just wants to make sure their son is okay. Maybe Jor-El is in a "maybe that's the way you raise your son but that doesn't mean I have to like it" mood. He even makes Clark wonder if he is doing enough to help humanity. This just feels as if Clark has gotten a huge smackdown from the universe, but such an experience can be good medicine for the soul. There could be some drama in the future, as the deep-space communicator Jor-El gave to Clark was destroyed in the Fortress of Solitude, and Clark thinks his family is mad at him for not calling them and making sure they are alright. Then again, these are the Kents we are talking about. Whatever challenges they might face, they will face them together, as a family.
    I have to admit that the ending of Man of Steel restored my faith in Bendis, but I still can't help but feel a little apprehensive about it. I was really glad when they revealed spoilers:
    what happened to Superman's old suit, and the sweet, quiet moment Clark had with Lois before she had to go.
    end of spoilers

Bendis' writing of Jon and Lois was a tad more accurate in #6 too, so I'm hoping that the forced dialogues in previous issues are not going to be the standard we expect from him. Maybe Man of Steel was just Bendis easing himself (albeit poorly) into this unfamiliar territory. Perhaps Man of Steel was Bendis trying out Superman's ill-fitting suit, while Action and Superman will be when he discovers that button behind the buckle? All I can do is hope, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    It was a good issue, Bendis mostly handled well the Jon/Lois plot. Well, except any part involving Jor-El, be it the way he's ignoring the guy's ending in Oz Effect or his characterization. I accept the resolution for the plot's sake, but no way I buy the "we had no other choice" thinking he was pushing. What I like the most? The tiny bits such as the super suit and the mother and son's worry about their particular drawers, it was a cute family thing. The dialogue can be a bit sloppy at times (especially regarding Jon) and, seriously, I hate when Bendis throws (supposedly) humorous remarks in the middle of a serious conversation. About the other plot, the villain actually manages to be plainer than Doomsday, what an achievement. Fantastic page honoring Kandor, tho.
    You took the words right out of my mouth

Yeah, I wish there was some other voice beside Bendis, a different flavor.

You know, everytime Tom Taylor tweets about Superman (which is daily) more and more I want to see him in a (real) Superman book.

That was not my reading. I expect much more a "what? how? But -" reaction than the casual one we got.

There isn't a cohesive story between those pages, unless Bendis retcons one.
    That's what I thought about the reintroduction of Jor-El too. It was far too sudden and I would have thought Clark would be happy to see him when he made his grand entrance for the first time after such an exit. Bendis has a lot of explaining to do if this is indeed the real Jor-El.

BANNED

Huh, it kinda looks like a damage control interview. In yesterday's interview he didn't want to reveal anything about the storyline, but here he reveals that Lois and Jon will be back right away in Action Comics.
    I think the interview does just enough to get you speculating...We don't know why she still isn't back at the Daily Planet after coming home either, and according to the September solicitations, she's with Lex in some way. In light of all this, it's probably better to reassure readers now that despite these developments and choices in their lives, there will be no shortage of love between Lois and Clark. It's not so different from Tom King assuring readers the Bat/Cat relationship is far from done despite Batman#50 and Selina having an ongoing...now THAT is damage control to a fine science,

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I think the interview does just enough to get you speculating...We don't know why she still isn't back at the Daily Planet after coming home either, and according to the September solicitations, she's with Lex in some way. In light of all this, it's probably better to reassure readers now that despite these developments and choices in their lives, there will be no shortage of love between Lois and Clark. It's not so different from Tom King assuring readers the Bat/Cat relationship is far from done despite Batman#50 and Selina having an ongoing...now THAT is damage control to a fine science,
    Bendis did better damage control than King that's amazing.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Bendis did better damage control than King that's amazing.
    I don't think what Bendis did was necessarily damage control, he's promoting his story and challenging people's pre-conceived notions of what is happening.

This goes back to what Dan Didio recently said about fans always seeing plot twists coming in advance and wanting to find some way of subverting that and keep them anxious. I think it's a great move especially since there is so much uncertainty about the developments of the year leading into Heroes In Crisis and later Doomsday Clock. You want to keep fans guessing up to that point and maybe be out of their comfort zone because that's what happening to the heroes.

King on the other hand had to promote the back-end of his 100 issue run as being a "celebration" of a 'ship he sunk just to stop people from using Batman#50 as a jumping off point and killing sales of Catwoman's ongoing before it's first print was wet.

I don't think what Bendis did was necessarily damage control, he's promoting his story and challenging people's pre-conceived notions of what is happening.

This goes back to what Dan Didio recently said about fans always seeing plot twists coming in advance and wanting to find some way of subverting that and keep them anxious. I think it's a great move especially since there is so much uncertainty about the developments of the year leading into Heroes In Crisis and later Doomsday Clock. You want to keep fans guessing up to that point and maybe be out of their comfort zone because that's what happening to the heroes.

King on the other hand had to promote the back-end of his 100 issue run as being a "celebration" of a 'ship he sunk just to stop people from using Batman#50 as a jumping off point and killing sales of Catwoman's ongoing before it's first print was wet.
    Well King said something on those lines similar to Bendis during that interview about something people wouldn't expect and I am guessing he was eluding the whole Bane thing not Bruce and Selina not going through with the wedding. Dido has an intersting point especially if you want to make interesting stories that keep people ripping through those pages all day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well King said something on those lines similar to Bendis during that interview about something people wouldn't expect and I am guessing he was eluding the whole Bane thing not Bruce and Selina not going through with the wedding. Dido has an intersting point especially if you want to make interesting stories that keep people ripping through those pages all day.
    King was saying Bruce being ditched at the alter and coping with the grief caused by that was what people weren't expecting.

King was saying Bruce being ditched at the alter and coping with the grief caused by that was what people weren't expecting.
    I meant in an interview before the spoilers came out.