Page 501 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 4014514914974984995005015025035045055115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 17222

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Justice League #3001: The only villain Lois I like, showing how it's done. Her hate relationship with Sinestro is great. LOL at Clark attracted by Girl Guy (Guy Girl?). And Supergirl!

And although not something to buy, there's a great panel with Clark touching Lois picture (that one of them with Lex) in Injustice Y4 #8.

Hehe, amazing ending:

By sosnw.
    That Giant Squid sushi can't possibly be fresher!

Is there something worse about Romita Jr. than his horrible job???? yep... his interviews

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...c-before-truth

Just STFU!!!! What a jerk!
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 06-24-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina_ro View Post
    Is there something worse about Romita Jr. than his horrible job???? yep... his interviews

Just STFU!!!! What a jerk!
    "Did Romita say something stupid today?"

Chuck Austen is very proud of him.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

"Did Romita say something stupid today?"

Chuck Austen is very proud of him.
    At this point even Chuck Austin would likely slap him and tell him to shut up. Romita is a grade A idiot.

I know a lot of you aren't going to be reading today's SUPERMAN #41 out of fear for the worst...but to tell the truth, writing wise it isn't that bad. Actually steps above Lobdell (I know that ain't saying much, yet still...). Lois actually is written pretty well. I think Yang just might get Lois after all. Shame he has to be paired with dudebro Romita. Pair him with Jurgens or Nicola Scott and it's possible we could have a good run of Superman.

As for any clues as to the "Why"...well there isn't a whole lot...but there is an interesting theory here that IF it turns out to be true, may explain Lois' actions without throwing her under the bus like we feared, and MAY actually have her coming off heroic....maybe even more heroic than Superman in this instance. I'm still a little nervous...but I'm a little less upset than I was last week.

While we won't likely get the full story on how until September's #44 though. Fingers crossed this theory turns out to be true.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-24-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    At this point even Chuck Austin would likely slap him and tell him to shut up. Romita is a grade A idiot.

I know a lot of you aren't going to be reading today's SUPERMAN #41 out of fear for the worst...but to tell the truth, writing wise it isn't that bad. Actually steps above Lobdell (I know that ain't saying much, yet still...). Lois actually is written pretty well. I think Yang just might get Lois after all. Shame he has to be paired with dudebro Romita. Pair him with Jurgens or Nicola Scott and it's possible we could have a good run of Superman.

As for any clues as to the "Why"...well there isn't a whole lot...but there is an interesting theory here that IF it turns out to be true, may explain Lois' actions without throwing her under the bus like we feared, and MAY actually have her coming off heroic....maybe even more heroic than Superman in this instance. I'm still a little nervous...but I'm a little less upset than I was last week.

While we won't likely get the full story on how until September's #44 though. Fingers crossed this theory turns out to be true.
    I think the big difference between Austen and Romita at this point is that one got severely criticized and the other didn't. And while I was never a fan of feminism complain, this case deserves a big one. Seriously, the hair color complain is the stupidiest thing I ever heard. Clark has, Lois has, Diana has, Bruce has, Romita has, I have, you probably have (:P). The guy likes to be polemic or have a very ill problem.

About the issue today, I saw some panels online and read reviews, and funnily enough if Lois wasn't the problem, Clark was. Big jerk in it. And like I said previously, never really thought Lois was turned into a villain, that was a joke from an angry moment. My real problem with it was Lois used for gimmick and not some normal issue. I'm not fine with her exposing the ID, either, both because I don't like it and because it's not organic. And I still bet she will forget the ID at the end of this "permanent" status quo.

About the theory, it's fine if not for the simple fact she's an investigative reporter, she could try to track down the guy. Again, not organic.

One last thing about Romita, he could talk less and actually draw bodies for his flying big heads.
    Last edited by Jon11; 06-24-2015 at 03:54 PM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think the big difference between Austen and Romita at this point is that one got severely criticized and the other didn't. And while I was never a fan of feminism complain, this case deserves a big one. Seriously, the hair color complain is the stupidiest thing I ever heard. Clark has, Lois has, Diana has, Bruce has, Romita has, I have, you probably have (:P). The guy likes to be polemic or have a very ill problem.

About the issue today, I saw some panels online and read reviews, and funnily enough if Lois wasn't the problem, Clark was. Big jerk in it. And like I said previously, never really thought Lois was turned into a villain, that was a joke from an angry moment. My problem with it was really Lois used for gimmick and not some normal issue. I'm not fine with her exposing the ID, either, both because I don't like it and because it's not organic. And I still bet she will forget the ID at the end of this "permanent" status quo.

About the theory, it's fine if not for the simple fact she's a investigative reporter, she could try to track down the guy. Again, not organic.

One last thing about Romita, he could talk less and actually draw bodies for his flying big heads.
    Actually I've light brown hair with a slight touch of Grey creeping in (eeek! I'm gettin' old!), so no problem with any physical resemblence with Clark or Lois for that matter, so Romita should have no trouble telling me apart from the rest if he were to draw me.

Oh, and I get what you are saying, and true, I hope we see her try to uncover and investigate the blackmailer on her own first,but this is the first issue of a four issue arc, so I say give it time. She very well may do just that, and somehow falls short, forcing her to do this as a last resort.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say Clark is a jerk here...it is somewhat problematic Clark even gave in to the Blackmailer's demands even slightly in the first place, which may force Lois' hand. If that's the case, it's Lois that will come off MUCH more in the right in all of this. Honestly, that is a twist I don't think ANYONE saw coming when we all first heard of it.

Actually I've light brown hair with a slight touch of Grey creeping in (eeek! I'm gettin' old!), so no problem with any physical resemblence with Clark or Lois for that matter, so Romita should have no trouble telling me apart from the rest if he were to draw me.

Oh, and I get what you are saying, and true, I hope we see her try to uncover and investigate the blackmailer on her own first,but this is the first issue of a four issue arc, so I say give it time. She very well may do just that, and somehow falls short, forcing her to do this as a last resort.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say Clark is a jerk here...it is somewhat problematic Clark even gave in to the Blackmailer's demands even slightly in the first place, which may force Lois' hand. If that's the case, it's Lois that will come off MUCH more in the right in all of this. Honestly, that is a twist I don't think ANYONE saw coming when we all first heard of it.
    Nah, you're not "women he knows, including his wife." That's where he bases his opinions.

I won't have a problem if I'm wrong after this, I'd just happily buy again Superman titles. It's just so far I'm not impressed.

I get what they try to do when they show Clark this angry, it's just comes wrong, you know? It's like they try to show Clark as this imperfect and relatable (!) person and it just feels wrong. It happened also in the JLA title. And while Lois is my main concern in all of this, I don't want to see her looking good over Clark, characters at expense of others is never good in my experience.

All in all, it's wait and see.

About the issue today, I saw some panels online and read reviews, and funnily enough if Lois wasn't the problem, Clark was. Big jerk in it. And like I said previously, never really thought Lois was turned into a villain, that was a joke from an angry moment. My real problem with it was Lois used for gimmick and not some normal issue. I'm not fine with her exposing the ID, either, both because I don't like it and because it's not organic. And I still bet she will forget the ID at the end of this "permanent" status quo.

About the theory, it's fine if not for the simple fact she's an investigative reporter, she could try to track down the guy. Again, not organic.

Personally I don't like Romita's art at all,and after reading this interview,I am not optimistic about Lois'treatment in this arc.
    Hope I am proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina_ro View Post

Just STFU!!!! What a jerk
    Wow...that was bad. Mr. Romita Jr. is not helping...

More art:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Justice League #3001: The only villain Lois I like, showing how it's done. Her hate relationship with Sinestro is great. LOL at Clark attracted by Girl Guy (Guy Girl?). And Supergirl!

And although not something to buy, there's a great panel with Clark touching Lois picture (that one of them with Lex) in Injustice Y4 #8.

Hehe, amazing ending:

By sosnw.
    Thanks for all the info, Jon. Oh...and those images...the last panel was really cute! D'aww!! =) (I feel bad for that octopus though... =\)

Even though I won't be buying this (or DC in general), I just hope the fans who are supporting the current comics, get something good with Lois, and Clark & Lois.
    Last edited by TomariS; 06-24-2015 at 09:15 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Supermom8 View Post
    Personally I don't like Romita's art at all,and after reading this interview,I am not optimistic about Lois'treatment in this arc.
    Hope I am proven wrong.
    And although Yang is not as bad as Romita, his "love" for Lois is very generic in general and wrong in others. People really think we would like Lois that much if we'd think she's totally dependent of Clark/Superman? That's just wrong and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    More art:

Hmm, I want to see the rest. Nice art, tho.

By Rob C. Nisperos:

By Diana Leto:

Smallville Season 4 - Lois & Clark card set:

Via eBay.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I think JR Jr. is just out of touch with mainstream sensibilities after coming back from Millarworld. Which, you know, is hardly a crime against humanity, even if it makes him an odd fit for Superman. So I can't say I like where his head is with regards to Lois and Clark, but I've met him at conventions, and he's very gracious on top of having a great sense of humor. Hardly the villainous incompetent people are making him out to be based on his controversial remarks. He moderated a Q&A with Stan Lee that was a blast from start to finish.

But back to the topic at hand, the romantic tension between Clark and Lois is fundamental to the Superman mythos, and the books have yet to recover from the New 52's attempt to remove it.
    Last edited by David Walton; 06-25-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I think JR Jr. is just out of touch with mainstream sensibilities after coming back from Millarworld. Which, you know, is hardly a crime against humanity, even if it makes him an odd fit for Superman. So I can't say I like where his head is with regards to Lois and Clark, but I've met him at conventions, and he's very gracious on top of having a great sense of humor. Hardly the villainous incompetent people are making him out to be based on his controversial remarks. He moderated a Q&A with Stan Lee that was a blast from start to finish.

But back to the topic at hand, the romantic tension between Clark and Lois is fundamental to the Superman mythos, and the books have yet to recover from the New 52's attempt to remove it.
    I only knew his personality from these interviews, so I'm gonna take your word for it. It can be one of those cases where the guy tried to sound funny and came out wrong (Didio has the same problem, from what I know).

That said, I do think his generalization toward women is pretty problematic. Something usual in old guys with old views (see how generalization is never a good thing?).

About the dynamic, well, they talk and talk about doing different and inovatives things with Superman and his cast and yet the situations where they get more praise and ended up doing right is the simple DP dynamic, the characters just being them. Something is wrong with their mentality, apparently.

And although Yang is not as bad as Romita, his "love" for Lois is very generic in general and wrong in others. People really think we would like Lois that much if we'd think she's totally dependent of Clark/Superman? That's just wrong and pathetic.

Hmm, I want to see the rest. Nice art, tho.
    I want to see the rest too,especially since I understand the dialog and its hilarious!