Page 947 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 4478478979379439449459469479489499509519579971047 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 17222

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Just read Action Comics 975 and it's awesome! I kinda steered clear of the Superman forums and focused on sales charts threads so I don't get spoilered.

Gotta say, the back-up story by Paul Dini is probably the highlight for me.
    They should publish a pictorial flowchart so we can keep all these multiverse versions of Superman and Lois straight.
    It's getting rather confusing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Action Comics and Superrwoman spoilers

spoilers:
    With the fate of Jon at stake, 52 Lois and Clark are ready to go home, but require Lana's powers to do so. Touching little speech from N52 Clark about how Lana taught him to love and that will remain part of his and Lois' lives forever, no matter what happens to reality from this point forward
    end of spoilers
    I think the hints here and there have been pointing out to it or part of it. I'd take everything this comic does other book's plots with a grain of salt, though, since - as proven by Luthor's inclusion in it - it twists things to fit its narrative.

And how unsufferable Lana has become. Perhaps the new writer can remedy some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Just read Action Comics 975 and it's awesome! I kinda steered clear of the Superman forums and focused on sales charts threads so I don't get spoilered.

Gotta say, the back-up story by Paul Dini is probably the highlight for me.
    You were luckier than me, I got spoiled on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermom8 View Post
    They should publish a pictorial flowchart so we can keep all these multiverse versions of Superman and Lois straight.
    It's getting rather confusing again.
    Well, you can can keep track by the costumes: Ugly collar (New 52), older Superboy cosplay (Truth), blue boots (Rebirth), disproportionated legs (Bruce Timm).
    Last edited by Jon11; 03-08-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Happy International Women's Day!

By thegeekool.

By superboy_12_:

Newspaper strip from May 3, 1981:

Via American Comic Book Chronicles.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Action Comics #975: Amazing issue. The first story read a bit fast, especially because of the several splash pages, which unfortunately lost much of its coolness due to the bunch of spoilers running since Monday. I believe it'll read way better for those not spoilered. But you know what? I still thought that was pretty great given the fact it's an anniversary issue. Again, welcome back, Mr. Ruppletat! (It's way better to write than "Mxyzpltlk," right??) You're a bad guy, but we still love ya. I'd be lying if I said the possibility of Lois being sidelined doesn't concern me, but I do believe there's still a big role reserved for her in this crossover. Now onto the highlight of the issue. The Paul Dini's backup story was fantastic, the character's humour is right up his alley. The bedstory time, that adorable nickname, the homages, every little detail put a smile on my face. I also like how he wrote Jon, his intelligence, it's like he's been working with the character since the beginning. Both art teams were great. I was particularly impressed with Ian Churchill, truly solid artwork, the best I've seen from him.
    Thanks for your mini-review as always, Jon!!

I managed to avoid the spoilers!! YASSSS, go me!!

This issue was great! I loved the panel with spoilers:
    the super-families: post crisis, and silver age (I think?)
    end of spoilers. First I thought it was kind of a reference to Super Sons maybe (their first official appearance in World's Finest Comics #154) *Can't be because their son's name is Kal, and he's still a kid*

I guess it was supposed to be ambiguous, but at the end I was like "nope, I take it back, the spoilers:
    'other' Super-family
    end of spoilers looks a lot like the one depicted in Superman #194"
    XD

But who knows? Maybe it was a homage, maybe it's not related to any of this at all, maybe it's something else. Still, I liked it. ^_^
    Last edited by TomariS; 03-08-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

By thegeekool.

By superboy_12_:

Thanks!! Happy International Women's Day!!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Well, the cat's already out of the bag... (SPOILERS BELOW)

The preview for the Paul Dini's backup story in Action Comics #975:

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017...hill_1.jpg.png

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017...hurchill_2.jpg

Also, the Superman #19 variant cover:

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2017...er_var.jpg.png

Source: Comics Alliance.

I like it. Very nice art from Churchill, too.
    He was one of my options (he and SB Prime)!!

Just read AC 975. Things just go from bad to worse for Lois and Clark is all I can say (Lois in particular)
    Right?? T_T

Action Comics #975: Amazing issue. The first story read a bit fast, especially because of the several splash pages, which unfortunately lost much of its coolness due to the bunch of spoilers running since Monday. I believe it'll read way better for those not spoilered.
    Seriously!! Why did they do that? Of course you can decide to visit, or not, these kind of sites but What happen if you discover the news accidentally? Not cool at all.

But you know what? I still thought that was pretty great given the fact it's an anniversary issue. Again, welcome back, Mr. Ruppletat! (It's way better to write than "Mxyzpltlk," right??) You're a bad guy, but we still love ya.
    We love you, Mr. M! You're one of the craziest clois shippers ever (not the only one, though XD)

I'd be lying if I said the possibility of Lois being sidelined doesn't concern me, but I do believe there's still a big role reserved for her in this crossover.
    I keep the faith in Dan, at least. =/

Now onto the highlight of the issue. The Paul Dini's backup story was fantastic, the character's humour is right up his alley. The bedstory time, that adorable nickname, the homages, every little detail put a smile on my face. I also like how he wrote Jon, his intelligence, it's like he's been working with the character since the beginning. Both art teams were great. I was particularly impressed with Ian Churchill, truly solid artwork, the best I've seen from him.

A real delight!! Great stuff!!
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 03-08-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Action Comics and Superrwoman spoilers

spoilers:
    With the fate of Jon at stake, 52 Lois and Clark are ready to go home, but require Lana's powers to do so. Touching little speech from N52 Clark about how Lana taught him to love and that will remain part of his and Lois' lives forever, no matter what happens to reality from this point forward
    end of spoilers

I think the hints here and there have been pointing out to it or part of it. I'd take everything this comic does other book's plots with a grain of salt, though, since - as proven by Luthor's inclusion in it - it twists things to fit its narrative.
    I've read some panels of SW and It was confusing !!! My conclusion??? a sorcerer made it =P

Otherwise The neighbors must to be SO angry XD...

And how unsufferable Lana has become. Perhaps the new writer can remedy some of that.
    I don't want to be THAT person but... we told you XD

That sucks!!!! This is the reason why I avoided Internet yesterday =(

Well, you can can keep track by the costumes: Ugly collar (New 52), older Superboy cosplay (Truth), blue boots (Rebirth), disproportionated legs (Bruce Timm). =p
    hahahahaha
    Perfect descriptions are perfect XD

By thegeekool.
    AWWW So cute ^_^

I WANT MY LOVELY FAMILY BACK NOW T_T

I love this kind of gems!
    Last edited by Mina_ro; 03-08-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Yeah, I kinda don't check Twitter nor Facebook all that often. Once in a blue moon is probably an apt description.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Thanks for your mini-review as always, Jon!!

I managed to avoid the spoilers!! YASSSS, go me!!

This issue was great! I loved the panel with spoilers:
    the super-families: post crisis, and silver age (I think?)
    end of spoilers. First I thought it was kind of a reference to Super Sons maybe (their first official appearance in World's Finest Comics #154) *Can't be because their son's name is Kal, and he's still a kid*

I guess it was supposed to be ambiguous, but at the end I was like "nope, I take it back, the spoilers:
    'other' Super-family
    end of spoilers looks a lot like the one depicted in Superman #194"
    XD

But who knows? Maybe it was a homage, maybe it's not related to any of this at all, maybe it's something else. Still, I liked it. ^_^
    Yes, I think they let it vague enough to let our minds wonder. In my case, I thought it was just pre-crisis Superboy. But I like your thoughts better.

Also, now the Creepy Clark's true identity is out, isn't it coll that we get to find references? Like, for instance, the cover of Mr. Mxyzpltlk's first appearance, in Superman #30:

I mean, the cover is for another story within the issue, but nobody will convince me there isn't a relation between it and our favorite little bad guy's return in terms of homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina_ro View Post
    We love you, Mr. M! You're one of the craziest clois shippers ever (not the only one, though XD)
    Remember when we joked about Mxyzpltlk not reappearing in the New 52 because of that?

DC works in mysterious ways, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina_ro View Post
    I don't want to be THAT person but... we told you XD
    You did.

Still, I wish the best of lucks to Kate Perkins. (Although this change of writer screams last breath for the book...)

By handful_of_john:

By hayley.genuine:

By wasabikikoart:

By Aitana Martín:

By jfpipping:

"Go get 'm flyboy"

Last edited by Jon11; 04-19-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Superman #20 variant cover by Jorge Jimenez:

Source: Bleeding Cool.

Love the covers where Superman holds the planet.

Can't believe I took this long to repost this very approppriate strip after AC's big reveal. From Adventures of Superman #638:

Can we make Mr. Mxyzptlk a regular from now on? He can be like Jon's Jiminy Cricket, but really, really bad at advising.

More Clois, hehe.

Tom...and the Super-tights.

Erica and Margot have been invited to the 39th Annual Superman Celebration!!

Also, now the Creepy Clark's true identity is out, isn't it coll that we get to find references? Like, for instance, the cover of Mr. Mxyzpltlk's first appearance, in Superman #30:

I mean, the cover is for another story within the issue, but nobody will convince me there isn't a relation between it and our favorite little bad guy's return in terms of homage.
    I know, right?! I think the universe was trying to tell me something when I posted some panels with Mxy and Clois. XP
    Last edited by TomariS; 03-11-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Super Sons #2 preview: