Page 951 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 45185190194194794894995095195295395495596110011051 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,265 of 17222
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Okay, I'll throw my controversial opinion here, I kinda like the Eletric Superman's design. I the whole concept behind it nor the blue aspect on his own skin, but there's some interesting design choice in that costume, and I like this concept of Superman having various costumes to one-and-done occasions.

And since we're talking about Jorge Jimenez here (what a nice coincidence!), I especially loved what he did with it back in his Smallville days:

It doesn't hurt the story was pretty fantastic, too.
    Whoa baby! Not THAT is a good design. And holy crap, I did not know that Clark went electric in the Smallville comic. I have got to read that. The thing that really bugged me about Electro Supes was the blue-skinned face. He just reminded me of an overgrown smurf. He would have looked cooler with a subtle "glowy" effect but I suppose the coloring back then was more basic. Speaking of costumes, I'm so glad he'll be getting the red boots back after Reborn. I think it's a much more aesthetically pleasing look.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I think what I loved the most about Superman#19 was that Lois, despite her memory slipping of Jon and her marriage, seemed to be driven to occompany Clark on his journey, caution him on Mxy's double-dealings, and urged him to keep her safe. You can take so much out of this woman yet it does not deter or deconstruct her iron-clad will. Looking forward to seeing how the merger is handled and the potential revised continuity that could come out of it.
    Amen to that! Lois was awesome. I feared that she would have nothing to do in this issue after losing her memory, but thankfully that wasn't the case. The way she fought the memory loss to get through to Supes in the Infinite Planet was the highlight for me.

BANNED

I think what I loved the most about Superman#19 was that Lois, despite her memory slipping of Jon and her marriage, seemed to be driven to occompany Clark on his journey, caution him on Mxy's double-dealings, and urged him to keep her safe. You can take so much out of this woman yet it does not deter or deconstruct her iron-clad will. Looking forward to seeing how the merger is handled and the potential revised continuity that could come out of it.
    I noticed that too, Miles! I think it speaks to the inherent trust that Superman and Lois always have between them. Even when things are confusing and seem bleak, they are an anchor.

I'm not really familiar with it so please enlighten me. Why did Mxy call Lois "Yoko"?

Anyway, Superman #19 and Super Sons #2 are killing it! I love the two all the same and both of their last page blown me away XD

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    I'm not really familiar with it so please enlighten me. Why did Mxy call Lois "Yoko"?

Anyway, Superman #19 and Super Sons #2 are killing it! I love the two all the same and both of their last page blown me away XD
    I think Mxy believes it's Lois' fault that Supes "forgot" about him (by starting a family with her -their son Jon-).

Superman #19: Definitely on par with last week's AC issue. It delivered on the urgency of the situation, as well as the menacing of Mr. Mxyzptlk. The issue could've played more with Lois's amnesia, but I also don't know if this drama would really have space within the action. Guys, first Mxy and now Lois being called Yoko... This thread sure brings up future references inserted in the Superman comics. Moving on to the best part, that line about Lois and Clark being the center of the universe felt glorious, as well as the dig at you know who, didn't it? I kinda almost wished I could play on that board (nice composition, BTW!), if not for the ending of that. I gotta say, that's a super effective use of splash pages, Gleason simply killed it. I'm slowly coming to terms with the merger and, if it must really happen, I prefer this way, two split lives being lived when it should be one (in both cases), but that doesn't negate what had happened nor truly feel them (especially from our current guy's side). At the same time, I'll wait the conclusion to really know how I feel about it. Still, I don't know what I hate more, that stupid collar or Fabio's mullet.

Super Sons #2: Best. Comic. Ever. And I think I'll write this for every foreseeable issue. Seriously, those two play each other so well. Let's take Damian, for instance, who I consider the driving force of the dynamic, he drop Jon from the building, mocks him with every insulting name, but he's the one who pushes for Jon to keep going and just can't let him go. You just can get his desperation for a true friend. Jon, on the other hand, such a good boy, isn't that naive either. Not saying Supes hasn't this side, he does, but it's clearly something it's more from his mother's side. Anyway, that tension already in the second issue is just something you could see coming and Tomasi did so well. Jon's Teen Titans mention was great, haha. Also, Damian is me on Lex's lack of hair subject, we just can't help it. Kid Amazon looks like a good villain for the first arc, looking forward to see his dynamic with the boys. That cliffhanger, flashbacks to Superman #10. Of course, saving the best for the end, Jorge Jimenez is the guy, that's all.
    Thanks for your reviews as always, Jon!!

Speaking of Superman #19 and Clark & Lois'...cosmic PDA...the universe is always trying to tell them something, hehe:

DC One Million #4:

Superman/Batman #14:
    Last edited by TomariS; 03-15-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

And since we're talking about Jorge Jimenez here (what a nice coincidence!), I especially loved what he did with it back in his Smallville days:

It doesn't hurt the story was pretty fantastic, too.

NEW! From JL8 #233:

By Yale Stewart.

By thegeekool:

Yup, that story with SVClark and Bart was really good. Thanks for sharing all the amazing art, Jon.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

NEW! From JL8 #233:

By Yale Stewart.
    I love JL8. Thanks for sharing!

Just a random thought though, 8-year old Lois would need some super strength to lift that manhole cover. Those things are made from cast iron and are darned heavy. Like 100 lbs or something. Nearly broke my back trying (and failing) to open one even with a manhole pick. The contractors were just laughing (good-naturedly) at us.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Just looked at the preview pages for AC#976, the conclusion of Reborn.

Looking a bit worrisome I'm afraid, Lois and Clark restored to N52-era settings, no recollection of their marriage or Jon.

Theirr fate may just lie with Myx if he's in a charitable enough mood, but even he says what's going on is beyond him.

Just looked at the preview pages for AC#976, the conclusion of Reborn.

Looking a bit worrisome I'm afraid, Lois and Clark restored to N52-era settings, no recollection of their marriage or Jon.

Theirr fate may just lie with Myx if he's in a charitable enough mood, but even he says what's going on is beyond him.
    I'd be more worried if we didn't just see Clark wearing a big wedding ring on his finger in that image Patrick Zircher posted.

Anyway, the preview:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Source: Comics Alliance.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

BANNED

I'd be more worried if we didn't just see Clark wearing a big wedding ring on his finger in that image Patrick Zircher posted.

I never noticed it before. Thanks.

Astonishing Member

I'm not worried about N52 Supes and Lois being here permanently. I think a merge has happened but Clark and Lois' memories of their marriage and their son will be restored at the end of this issue.

I love how his holding/shielding Lois even though everything is so topsy turvy for everybody except Mxy.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 03-16-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Fantastic Member

What a wild ride this storyline is. I expected New 52 Supes and Lois to recognize Jon in light of what their ghosties said in the last Superwoman issue, but they don't? Ohhhkayyy. Can't wait to see how all this unfolds.

I also have to laugh at how Jon echoes my previous comment in this thread about New 52 Superman's suit. Collar, bad. Red boots, good. I knew there was a reason I love this kid so much.

Anyway, the preview:

Hahaha! Jon's reaction to the N52 collar. "Everyone knows Superman doesn't have a family." OUCH.

Source: Comics Alliance.
    Mystery, mystery everywhere!! Thanks for sharing the preview, Jon!

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    What a wild ride this storyline is. I expected New 52 Supes and Lois to recognize Jon in light of what their ghosties said in the last Superwoman issue, but they don't? Ohhhkayyy. Can't wait to see how all this unfolds.

I also have to laugh at how Jon echoes my previous comment in this thread about New 52 Superman's suit. Collar, bad. Red boots, good. I knew there was a reason I love this kid so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Hahaha! Jon's reaction to the N52 collar. "Everyone knows Superman doesn't have a family." OUCH.
    Haha, such a precious kid.

A couple of advanced June solicits:

SUPER SONS #5
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ • Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    “Battle in the Batcave”! The battle with Kid Amazo leaves Jon and Damian’s friendship in ruins as the boys decide their partnership isn’t working out! It’s a rumble between Superboy and Robin like you’ve never seen as the boys rage through the house Batman built!
    On sale JUNE 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

TRINITY #10
    Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL • Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL • Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    “All Along the Watchtower” part two! The Justice League Watchtower is infested. The world’s greatest heroes have been infected. And as their HQ hurls to Earth, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are faced with the difficult decision of destroying the Watchtower and their teammates to save the Earth.
    On sale JUNE 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED

Source: Comics Alliance/Newsarama.