Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How many comic books do you read a month?

The other thread about how long you take to read a book got me thinking, how many books do you read a month?

I read about 2 dozen, plus a GN or two and a few digital.
    That is way down from my silver and bronze age heyday, when I read near every Marvel book and magazine published, plus about a dozen from DC and then some various other publishers here and there.
    I gave up the big two at the end of 2012 and now concentrate on mostly creator owned books from Image, Dark Horse, Vertigo IDW etc...
    I am reading much less and enjoy it more than I have in years.

BANNED

It varies. I have read over 80 this month. I've read as few as 30 in a month this year. And I imagine when I get burned out again I'll go a few months without reading any while I have TV show marathons and read some prose.

BANNED

I buy around 40 regular monthly issues. I'll pick up around 10 more to check out new things. If I have time (and with my shopkeeper's approval) I'll shelf-read around 20 more. So I guess around 70.

BANNED

The easiest way for me to count them would be to list my pull list, and no one wants that. It's however many books I have on my pull list plus any other books I get that month.

Astonishing Member

I used to pull 20-ish comics a month, but now I trade wait everything. Saves a lot of money and i lost the patience of reading 20 pages a month, especially when most of them are overpriced.

The only exception right now is Batman Eternal, because I can read it every week.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-15-2014 at 07:48 PM.

BANNED

I was reading hundreds of comics every month and loving every minute of it until June of 2014. I was faced with the reality that my marriage was no longer salvageable, and I was going
    to have to leave my home behind and start over again. Since then, I haven't been able to get truly comfortable and immersed in my comics like before. I thought it was a problem with the
    chair I was using, but that's just part of it. I've since tried 4 different chairs, and I just can't fully relax and concentrate on my hobby, due to tension and everything still being unsettled in
    my life. I was able to at least read my pull list every week until a couple of months ago, and now I'm hardly reading any. It's disheartening, because I really want to read what I have. I just
    can't right now, until some of my nagging problems are worked out.

BANNED

too many to count.

Hundreds of issues.
    BB

Some .

Only about 9-10 a month. (Five Ghosts and Ghosted I'm reading in trade for the time being due to financial reasons.)
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I was reading hundreds of comics every month and loving every minute of it until June of 2014. I was faced with the reality that my marriage was no longer salvageable, and I was going
    to have to leave my home behind and start over again. Since then, I haven't been able to get truly comfortable and immersed in my comics like before. I thought it was a problem with the
    chair I was using, but that's just part of it. I've since tried 4 different chairs, and I just can't fully relax and concentrate on my hobby, due to tension and everything still being unsettled in
    my life. I was able to at least read my pull list every week until a couple of months ago, and now I'm hardly reading any. It's disheartening, because I really want to read what I have. I just
    can't right now, until some of my nagging problems are worked out.
    Sorry to hear. I have gone through similar periods in my life. I would think that it is hard to find any joy right now, but eventually things will get better and you will find enjoyment in comics again, maybe not to the extent you were reading, and maybe different types books, but you'll find it again.

All-New Member

around 70-ish between pull list, digital and random back issue/trades

My monthly average would be a little over forty a month since 1991.

This is counting new issues only.
    I am NOT comics.

Fantastic Member

I read 8 current series . And aim trying to reread my entire collection of 5300 plus books . So daily I read at least a half dozen

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Three or four when I can afford it.