Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Free Comic Book Day 2014

There's only 2 more days before Free Comic Book Day. What's everyone doing? (IF you are taking part in it that is).

I'm probably going to be doing an article on the day so I'll be hitting three shops.

The first is a first year store doing the event for the first time.

The second does the event but is more of a music store now. But they usually do really good sales on their trades.

The third will be my regular LCS where I'll be getting my weekly stash, the FCBD books I specially ordered, some other freebies and probably take advantage of whatever sales are going on. Oh and the Previews catalog.

What about you?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Taking my daughters for the 3rd or 4th year in a row. They really don't read comics a lot but they always love to go with me. A bunch of guys dressed in real authentic Stormtrooper outfits always show up and that's fun. Plus there are guys doing free sketches.

Nothing in the way of sales at the LCS but I might still grab the kids a little something.

We are going to try and squeeze in that and Lego Star Wars event at Toys R Us that afternoon.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Marcy

As an aside, anyone seen reviews of what is coming out? I'd like to know which ones are worth picking up.

I've thought about hitting up one of my local comic shops. Especially since an artist friend of mine is going to do a signing. But I may just stay at home.
    Originally Registered to old CBR March 2008. Old post count was 3,216.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Gonna be the first FCBD in years I'm not going to be able to attend. Moved back to an old province recently and won't be able to hope into the only comic shop within an hour's drive this Saturday. Having the comic shop from my old city send me a few of the titles if possible however.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

My comic shop is running a sale all weekend on trades, back issues and variant cover issues so I'll probably head over there sometime this weekend and see if I can find some issues I'm missing but as for FCBD itself, I have to work so it's a no go for me this year.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm mainly on a hunt for the 2000AD issue. Luckily London is a small place (:P) so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
    You've never seen Judge Dredd and THE LAW at the same time. Just saying.

BANNED

Planning on heading down to a couple comic book shops. Didn't show up last year but it's usually pretty fun.

Oh, and for people in the UK too, on the same day if you buy a copy of The Guardian from Sainsburys you get a free copy of Stardust by Neil Gaiman.

BANNED

I'm not going. I'm kind of burned out. I still think the concept is awesome, and hope lots of people show up at the LCS, but I'm not bothering this year. I don't think I did last year either.

If I recall correctly, Comixology eventually put all of last year's FCBD issues on their site. I'll just wait for them to do that again. To be honest, I don't even know what's out there this year.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Always worked the weekend shifts since forever and I always end up taking a week off a week or two before FCBD. GF is picking up comics for this year though, which is nice. Looking forward to Guardians, Dredd and Rocket.

This will be my second-ever FCBD. I'll mostly be there to meet local creators and just chill out.

Incredible Member

Whether you go to the store or not, you can do this:

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:40:47 -0700
    To: hogans-alley-newsletter@googlegroups.com
    Subject: [Out of the Alley!] Free Comic Book Day offer...

Unless you’ve been busy counting your bitcoins, you’re probably aware that this Saturday, May 3, is Free Comic Book Day. Send us an e-mail (hoganmag@gmail.com) ON THAT DATE with your mailing address, and we’ll send you a FREE issue of Hogan’s Alley! No obligations, no strings attached; the only thing it will cost you is several hours as you enjoy the issue. (This offer is valid for all U.S. residents, whether you’re a current subscriber or not.) Remember the one condition--we must receive your e-mail request on Free Comic Book Day (May 3), not the day before or the day after. (Before and after that date, any requests for freebies will receive only scorn and derision.) Feel free to pass this offer along to anyone you know who might enjoy Hogan’s
    Alley!

Don’t forget to follow Hogan’s Alley on Twitter (@Hoganmag) to get a daily "Today in Comics History" fact and other cartooning news and observations!

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

I'm not too excited about the titles this year except for the 2000 AD and Showa: History of Japan titles. Regardless I'll get most of them and give the kid titles to my 8 year old cousin. I'll check out the dollar back issues and sales and then end the day with some burgers at my favorite spot which happens to be conveniently in between my two LCS about a block or two away from each other. Its gonna be a good day. . . besides having to work early till noon though haha.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

We're having our third child on Monday, so we are kinda holed up in the house til then. Which sucks, cuz Don Rosa will be at our local shop and damn it would be great to meet him. JG Jones and a few others will be there, too, but Don freaking Rosa, man!

I hope everyone who goes to their local has a great time. Some awesome sales this time of year.