Page 1 of 376 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default "The Flash Is Not About Tragedy": Wally West Appreciation! (NO NUWALLY BASHING!!!)

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either Kid Flash or The Flash, not even death nor reboots can stop Wally West, The Fastest Man Alive! Let's remember the best and look towards the future with the story of one of the best speedster that has ever existed.

Flash_Wally_West_0077.jpg

WALLY2.jpg

Godbear gave me this name SpyrabKiller's Avatar
    In your head, on the TV Screen, hey buddy I'm warning you to turn it off

Default A Good Run: Wally West Appreciation

Because we need to beat out the other folks.

So, how much has DC collected his solo stuff? I only have the Born to Run volume; everything else I've read digitally.

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

Wally West was awesome. Regarded by many as the greatest speedster to carry the title of The Flash.

Gone, but not forgotten.

Maybe when political correctness and it's proponents have died the miserable, agonizing deaths they deserve, Wally West can finally return.
    Last edited by Hatestorm; 01-29-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Reboots don't stop Wally? Psh, the Nu52 version stopped him dead in his tracks.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Reboots don't stop Wally? Psh, the Nu52 version stopped him dead in his tracks.
    Nah, he's just back in bl...

I don't know if I'm allowed to say it.

Pardon the pun, but we have two Wally West appreciation threads running around right now?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

The fairly large problem that no one else seems to want to bring up is the actual age of Wally, I mean hes 12 what does that mean for Bart Allen fans? Seems like Wally will be pushed on to the teen titans soon enough.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    The fairly large problem that no one else seems to want to bring up is the actual age of Wally, I mean hes 12 what does that mean for Bart Allen fans?
    Bart was the character who was truly destroyed.

Seems like Wally will be pushed on to the teen titans soon enough.
    Nah.

Young Justice maybe.

Wally x Supergirl! :rolleyes:
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Old Wally's days were numbered as soon as Johns brought Barry back, so not sure why people are getting all up in arms years later.

also New 52 is a new universe.

Look at the Teen Titans, Cyborg, Nightwing, Batgirl basically every character in some form or fashion has some big differences from their Pre-Flashpoint incarnation. Whether we like or not is subjective I guess.

New 52 Wally is well... new, so like Damian Wayne a few years back you've got to give him a few issues see how they progress him.

This is probably the most intriguing Flash centric development since Flashpoint imo will see how it plays out. At least Wally isn't off in limbo like Donna.

I do find it interesting that almost all the DC heroes have tragic origins now. Barry's origin got retconned as did a lot of other characters with somewhat normal or happy lives.

Old Wally still exists in the old comics and old cartoons. And if you like the new Wally we will see more of him soon
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-30-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    The J-man

I beg of you people, for the sake of Rakzo's health and well being, PLEASE REMEMBER....

As it says on the cover, William Messner-Loebs wrote issue #54, not Mark Waid.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Action Ace View Post
    I beg of you people, for the sake of Rakzo's health and well being, PLEASE REMEMBER....

As it says on the cover, William Messner-Loebs wrote issue #54, not Mark Waid.
    REMEMBER or else I will die!

You people don't want me to die right?

My favorite Flash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    The fairly large problem that no one else seems to want to bring up is the actual age of Wally, I mean hes 12 what does that mean for Bart Allen fans?
    Teen Titans already screwed things up for Bart Allen fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Where's this from?