Page 266 of 376 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 5630
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Another reason I'm ticked at DC and how they treated Jay Garrick...I mean when the Flash anniversary came out a few years ago...where were all of the Jay Garrick themed Variant covers ?
    Yeah, I'm totally in agreement there. We had a similar situation where the Green Lantern 75th anniversary variants barely featured Alan Scott. He's the Lantern that, to my mind, should have been the centre of attention in such circumstances.

I'm not a Hal Jordan hater, quite the opposite in fact, but agree that he should have taken a back seat on that occasion. Same with the lack of Jay Garrick in what should have been his anniversary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Yeah, I'm totally in agreement there. We had a similar situation where the Green Lantern 75th anniversary variants barely featured Alan Scott. He's the Lantern that, to my mind, should have been the centre of attention in such circumstances.

I'm not a Hal Jordan hater, quite the opposite in fact, but agree that he should have taken a back seat on that occasion. Same with the lack of Jay Garrick in what should have been his anniversary.
    Love Alan as well. Until Jessica came along, he was my favorite. The Silver Age bias for the past decade and a half has been incredibly frustrating.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    If the best thing to be said about his current state is "at least he exists" then Wally fans still have absolutely nothing to be grateful for.
    It's not the best thing that could be said. He's appearing across multiple titles in the future, has a consistent spot in a title, was the protagonist of the industry's entirely new direction, and could be getting a solo. He also has a kickass new costume.

But the fact he exists now means it's clearly not the absolute worst time.

I hope this thread can go back to being a Wally West appreciation thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    It's not the best thing that could be said. He's appearing across multiple titles in the future, has a consistent spot in a title, was the protagonist of the industry's entirely new direction, and could be getting a solo. He also has a kickass new costume.

But the fact he exists now means it's clearly not the absolute worst time.

I hope this thread can go back to being a Wally West appreciation thread.
    That's not up to us, that's up to DC to give us things to appreciate.

Titans is a decent book but it's going nowhere. Its been almost a year since Wally returned and aside from a few reunions, nothing important has been done with him. He's a B-list character in a team book, he's just as insignificant as he was before the reboot. How can any of you be happy about this?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    That's not up to us, that's up to DC to give us things to appreciate.

Titans is a decent book but it's going nowhere. Its been almost a year since Wally returned and aside from a few reunions, nothing important has been done with him. He's a B-list character in a team book, he's just as insignificant as he was before the reboot. How can any of you be happy about this?
    There's a difference between a situation not being ideal and being the worst thing that ever happened ever. Most of the rest of us can enjoy the bits of Wally we've seen so far and still hope for better things to come. That door is open. You seem hellbent on an all-or-nothing approach that will likely leave you dissatisfied in more aspects than just comic books. We can appreciate Wally and hope for the best without being bogged down in constant doom and gloom like you're always promoting.

BANNED

Never mind, I give up.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 05-01-2017 at 12:54 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I'm starting to think closing down this thread for a week might be a good idea. Am I making myself clear?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm starting to think closing down this thread for a week might be a good idea. Am I making myself clear?
    Can you please ban the poster instead? There is only one person causing this problem and it's unfair for others to be put in the same vein as him.
    Last edited by Waterfall; 05-01-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Can you please ban the poster instead? There is only one person causing this problem and it's unfair fo others to be put in the same vein as him.
    I second this notion. The Lazarus Contract starts this week i believe, so we'll definitely have some things to discuss.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I second this notion. The Lazarus Contract starts this week i believe, so we'll definitely have some things to discuss.
    Nah, Lazarus Contract is next week.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Can you please ban the poster instead? There is only one person causing this problem and it's unfair fo others to be put in the same vein as him.
    The problem is that the posts, at least regarding the more recent ones, are technically not breaking any rules. However, you do make a good point. Maybe any mention of either Wally or Barry in this particular thread from now on is the solution.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

However, you do make a good point. Maybe any mention of either Wally or Barry in this particular thread from now on is the solution.
    I think it would be a good preemptive measure.

The problem is that the posts, at least regarding the more recent ones, are technically not breaking any rules. However, you do make a good point. Maybe any mention of either Wally or Barry in this particular thread from now on is the solution.
    Makes you hate appreciation threads. Im for the bans. From now forward, 1 day off if you cant follow thread rules

Rather than mentions, I think derailing the thread for unnecessary negativity should be the actual offense. A lot of people are patient about Rebirth's outcome, complaining for the sake of it and declaring apocalypse is just tiring.

Barry and Wally's relationship in Rebirth is a blast so far and I would like to talk about it here too.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Default The Flash by Mark Waid: Book Two

The cons: it's not an oversized hardbound book. Plus that crossover with the alien wannabes that saw little of Wally in it. No Foreward, but an Afterward written by Mark Waid circa 1993

The pros: The paper is once again a nice glossy material that makes the colors pop so much more than the old newsprint stuff did.
    There be Jay, Max, Bart, Hal Jordan, and Wally with his glorious 1980's style bunch of red hair. Glorious, I say!

I know this is all Mark Waid's work, but really hope they go on and do the Dark Flash Saga with all the crossovers featuring Walter.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)