Page 354 of 376 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5630
  1. #5296
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,860
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  2. #5297
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Am I the only one who likes this?

    I don't think it will be bad....Then again...I absolutely love King's Batman so what do I know?
    Your not the only one, no. I am looking forward to this event (sometimes I think its just fashionable to hate).

    For an *appreciation* thread the negativity on this page astounds me though.

    Cheers.

    James.

  3. #5298
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Your not the only one, no. I am looking forward to this event (sometimes I think its just fashionable to hate).

    For an *appreciation* thread the negativity on this page astounds me though.

    Cheers.

    James.
    I think everyone has a right to be disappointed about his treatment after Lazarus Contract but Flash War isn't all bad! People are already making predictions about how it will end badly for him even when we have proof that Williamson never disrespected Wally! Let's see the ending FIRST and then cry together! Geez!

    Tom King, an A-list Eisner award winning writer, giving a focus on Wally in the next big event of DC ISN'T A BAD THING!! Weren't people here disappointed Wally wasn't in Metal? I know for sure that Dred was sad Wally wasn't in that absolutely HORRIBLE Titans reboot because it implied "DC didn't care about the character, it's worse to be ignored than being in a bad book". And people here AGREED! Now the same people are crying about Wally getting a focus in a series that is sure to be a classic! WHAT DO YOU WANT PEOPLE????

    I really feel like we should find a way to minimize the negativity here. Some stuff doesn't even make sense! Turning the thread into wailing wall BEFORE we get ANYTHING? Get a freaking grip people!!!

  4. #5299
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I think everyone has a right to be disappointed about his treatment after Lazarus Contract but Flash War isn't all bad! People are already making predictions about how it will end badly for him even when we have proof that Williamson never disrespected Wally! Let's see the ending FIRST and then cry together! Geez!

    Tom King, an A-list Eisner award winning writer, giving a focus on Wally in the next big event of DC ISN'T A BAD THING!! Weren't people here disappointed Wally wasn't in Metal? I know for sure that Dred was sad Wally wasn't in that absolutely HORRIBLE Titans reboot because it implied "DC didn't care about the character, it's worse to be ignored than being in a bad book". And people here AGREED! Now the same people are crying about Wally getting a focus in a series that is sure to be a classic! WHAT DO YOU WANT PEOPLE????

    I really feel like we should find a way to minimize the negativity here. Some stuff doesn't even make sense! Turning the thread into wailing wall BEFORE we get ANYTHING? Get a freaking grip people!!!
    I agree with this completely, I mean I'm not saying an appreciation thread has to be *entirely* positive but some of the negativity about things that we haven't actually seen (and have only heard vague talk about) is out of hand IMHO.

    Cheers.

    James.

  5. #5300
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I think everyone has a right to be disappointed about his treatment after Lazarus Contract but Flash War isn't all bad! People are already making predictions about how it will end badly for him even when we have proof that Williamson never disrespected Wally! Let's see the ending FIRST and then cry together! Geez!

    Tom King, an A-list Eisner award winning writer, giving a focus on Wally in the next big event of DC ISN'T A BAD THING!! Weren't people here disappointed Wally wasn't in Metal? I know for sure that Dred was sad Wally wasn't in that absolutely HORRIBLE Titans reboot because it implied "DC didn't care about the character, it's worse to be ignored than being in a bad book". And people here AGREED! Now the same people are crying about Wally getting a focus in a series that is sure to be a classic! WHAT DO YOU WANT PEOPLE????

    I really feel like we should find a way to minimize the negativity here. Some stuff doesn't even make sense! Turning the thread into wailing wall BEFORE we get ANYTHING? Get a freaking grip people!!!
    We’re comic fans, bitching about nonsensical things is what we do
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, The Flash, & TMNT!

  6. #5301
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I think everyone has a right to be disappointed about his treatment after Lazarus Contract but Flash War isn't all bad! People are already making predictions about how it will end badly for him even when we have proof that Williamson never disrespected Wally! Let's see the ending FIRST and then cry together! Geez!

    Tom King, an A-list Eisner award winning writer, giving a focus on Wally in the next big event of DC ISN'T A BAD THING!! Weren't people here disappointed Wally wasn't in Metal? I know for sure that Dred was sad Wally wasn't in that absolutely HORRIBLE Titans reboot because it implied "DC didn't care about the character, it's worse to be ignored than being in a bad book". And people here AGREED! Now the same people are crying about Wally getting a focus in a series that is sure to be a classic! WHAT DO YOU WANT PEOPLE????

    I really feel like we should find a way to minimize the negativity here. Some stuff doesn't even make sense! Turning the thread into wailing wall BEFORE we get ANYTHING? Get a freaking grip people!!!
    I look forward to you eating these words when Wally is written as poorly as Booster. And when that time comes, you're gonna be hoping this doesn't end up getting treated like a classic by the masses, or else a whole lot of people are gonna see King's Wally as the real Wally.

  7. #5302
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I agree with this completely, I mean I'm not saying an appreciation thread has to be *entirely* positive but some of the negativity about things that we haven't actually seen (and have only heard vague talk about) is out of hand IMHO.

    Cheers.

    James.
    I was one of the first people to voice my disappointment about Lazarus Contract after the finale. Because it was a done deal and we knew how screwed up the character was. But we have a solid story so far in regards to Flash War and we know absolutely nothing about the outcome. Speculation is fine but some are already resigned to worst and forcing people to accept it as the absolute truth.

    It's also fine to have reservations about Tom King based on Booster Gold story....But already announcing as the ABSOLUTE WORST THING EVER? That's where I draw my line.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    We’re comic fans, bitching about nonsensical things is what we do
    You say that but it's become impossible to comment in this thread among the circlejerk. I want to share ideas about what kind of role Wally could play, how he would interact with Harley Quinn and people are too busy crying about the same thing for the millionth time. Do you know how much that negativity sucks out of your soul? Let us see a preview, a leak, anything before we take out pitchforks.

    And really, this is an appreciation thread. I want to appreciate comics, I'm sure there are also many others and you are turning away people from here.

  8. #5303
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I look forward to you eating these words when Wally is written as poorly as Booster. And when that time comes, you're gonna be hoping this doesn't end up getting treated like a classic by the masses, or else a whole lot of people are gonna see King's Wally as the real Wally.
    Again, why do you wish for the worst? That's the worst case scenario.

    Why not wish for eating your own words instead?

  9. #5304
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Again, why do you wish for the worst? That's the worst case scenario.

    Why not wish for eating your own words instead?
    Because I'm a realist and I don't see what I'm describing as the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario would be if Heroes in Crisis ends up the disaster I think it's going to be (For a variety of reasons, which I've spelled out on the book's thread) and then Williamson was kicked off the Flash book before he could salvage Wally and bring back the Flash and West Families.

  10. #5305
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Because I'm a realist and I don't see what I'm describing as the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario would be if Heroes in Crisis ends up the disaster I think it's going to be (For a variety of reasons, which I've spelled out on the book's thread) and then Williamson was kicked off the Flash book before he could salvage Wally and bring back the Flash and West Families.
    You say you are a realist and then move onto explain the worst case scenario as the same thing you are saying....

    We call that being a "debbie downer" not a "realist".

  11. #5306
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Question: I know people are saying Booster was written badly in Tom King's Batman run, but I'm curious how exactly. Was he written badly or just unlike how he had been portrayed in recent comics? Was he written like he was before his experience in 52? Was he written like he was in Justice League Unlimited?
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Aquaman

    Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers

  12. #5307
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Am I the only one who likes this?
    I would be looking forward to it if I didn't think there's a chance Wally could be the killer.

    One of the last things Magenta said in the Annual was along the lines of how someone could go nuts if they knew something from their life was missing, so far in Flash War Wally has been acting irrational to the point he threatened to make sure Barry could never run again, and it appears he ends up at Sanctuary after the event in some manner.

    I believe having him officially snap is a viable direction given everything that has been built up so far. I'm not saying that's how I expect things to play out, but it does seem like a possibility that isn't out of the question based on what's been set up. If Wally is only a suspect because he was there and one of the few left alive, then getting glimpses of his time at Sanctuary while the murder mystery plays out could be quite enjoyable.

  13. #5308
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    I don't make assumptions out of thin air but I am basing my expectations on history and the last two years since Wally has been brought back.

    He was brought back with no one remembering him and having no life. Instead of resolving this Abnett, who was the sole writer of Wally in Titans, proceeded to continue hammering in this depressing aspect. At first I thought it was a good sign since it was being acknowledged that meant that they would actually address it and resolve it. But no. Just more being banged over the head how he has no life outside of his Titans friends.

    Then he was made to look like a coward by Preist in the horrible Lazarus contract, given a heart condition for no reason, killed off and then had his team broken up partly because of his dieing off again and his weird new powers that needed to be looked into which the JL said. And was of course never developed or explored.


    I wont consider his seizures he's been having recently as negatives in the slight chance that Flash War will actually be a positive for Wally. But based on the past two years I have little faith that anything will actually come out of it and now with no new news about Wally after Flash War except that he is going to need major counseling AND be a murder suspect (along with Harley Quin, a deranged sadistic murderer and Booster Gold who no one respects) my hopes are very low.

    There were a few high points with Wally I'll point out. The last issue of Titans first story arc. His interaction with Nightwing in Titans. His guest issue with Nighwting in issue #21. The issue of Titans where he gets his new powers. Issue 13 I think. The Flash annual. and the recent Flash Speed Buggy special.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 06-15-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  14. #5309
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Question: I know people are saying Booster was written badly in Tom King's Batman run, but I'm curious how exactly. Was he written badly or just unlike how he had been portrayed in recent comics? Was he written like he was before his experience in 52? Was he written like he was in Justice League Unlimited?
    The bottom of the problems: He acted VERY recklessly about time travel and it blew up in his face big time. This completely undid his character development until that point. But the story implied that this happened because Booster became really traumatized after saving so many "bad timelines". I think his depressive behaviour have some basis, it's even mentioned in his old solo book at some point. I think people were mostly disturbed by seeing a usually lighthearted character acting really unstable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I would be looking forward to it if I didn't think there's a chance Wally could be the killer.
    Absolutely 0% chance of that. None of the three suspects will be the murderer.

    One of the last things Magenta said in the Annual was along the lines of how someone could go nuts if they knew something from their life was missing, so far in Flash War Wally has been acting irrational to the point he threatened to make sure Barry could never run again, and it appears he ends up at Sanctuary after the event in some manner.
    Ending up at Sanctuary isn't a bad thing? Magenta's words were foreshadowing Flash War itself, nothing more.

    I believe having him officially snap is a viable direction given everything that has been built up so far. I'm not saying that's how I expect things to play out, but it does seem like a possibility that isn't out of the question based on what's been set up. If Wally is only a suspect because he was there and one of the few left alive, then getting glimpses of his time at Sanctuary while the murder mystery plays out could be quite enjoyable.
    Him being the murderer is out of question. I can see some bait by King that will rage fans (because fans online are REALLY that gullible) but he won't turn Wally into a mass murderer, OK?

    Him getting professional help is a good thing. He did this before in his own solo book (This is why people should read issues before Waid ), he got counseling while he was dealing with grieving Barry. He has been through the worst, I put myself in his shoes and I really wouldn't be able to take it. I'm glad writers are not magically getting rid of this issue and instead taking time to heal him.

  15. #5310
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    You say you are a realist and then move onto explain the worst case scenario as the same thing you are saying....
    No I didn't, as I'm not expecting Williamson to be kicked off the book.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Question: I know people are saying Booster was written badly in Tom King's Batman run, but I'm curious how exactly. Was he written badly or just unlike how he had been portrayed in recent comics? Was he written like he was before his experience in 52? Was he written like he was in Justice League Unlimited?
    No version of Booster has ever been like this, or anything close, and I don't think it's possible to get the character more wrong. King's hardcore defenders I've seen trying to defend it as a potential younger version of Booster. But 1) This still doesn't resemble Booster as he debuted (who was a serious and fully competent hero who was just happy to make a buck doing the job), Booster in JLI (who goofed around plenty, but knew when to take things seriously) or even Nu52 Booster (who was like the original incarnation but boring), and you'd never imagine this guy in a million years could become the man seen from 52 through the end of Pre-Flashpoint or even Jurgens' Action Comics story from right before 'The Gift', 2) Booster in his early days didn't have regular access to time-travel and 3) The potential older Booster is one we just saw and he very clearly didn't have any memories of this stuff happening.

    If you want details about exactly what King got wrong, just look back at the threads about those issues. Several of my fellow Booster fans explained each flaw in the writing very well.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-15-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •