Page 360 of 376 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 5630
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I’m being optimistic but if they leave me hanging next week then it’s going to be in memory of
    I hate to be pessimistic but I really don't think anyone is coming back next week or anything actually being resolved.

But I'll put this great pic here from our guy Larocque with all of our favorites to lift our spirits.

Greg-LaRocque-Flash.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I hate to be pessimistic but I really don't think anyone is coming back next week or anything actually being resolved.

But I'll put this great pic here from our guy Larocque with all of our favorites to lift our spirits.

Greg-LaRocque-Flash.jpg
    Beautiful !!!!

Yeah I’m getting that feeling too UGH!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

So would you guys rather Wally was the fastest Flash or the main Flash?

Astonishing Member

I'd rather he was looking towards retirement with the next generation taking a step up. The only situation in which Wally becoming the main Flash is preferable to me is when the only other option is Barry. I think both had complete runs and trying to relive old glory is the exact opposite of what The Flash as a mantle and title embodies.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I agree with Dred.

I think what I want is for Barry to make a similar heroic sacrifice as before, maybe against Doctor Manhattan or to reignite the Speed Force or something, and again be positioned as the DCU's martyr. I want Wally to lose his powers (probably doing some heroic thing) and go off into the sunset with Linda, with their kids being babies again and Wally getting a chance to raise them properly. Maybe he's a mentor or supporting character for the new Flash, but Wally LOSES HIS POWERS, and don't even leave some kind of dangling thing implying he could get them back -- that undermines whoever comes next INSTANTLY. Or he could pull a sacrifice, but two Flashes doing that so close to each other... yeah no. Plus, with Wally so focused on building a family for himself, I think retiring is a perfect ending for him, especially if he's an on-and-off mentor for the new Flash (I can also picture him trolling the new Flash). So yeah, Wally retires and has a public identity again, and has Linda and the kids.

A new Flash is the direction I want for the franchise. Maybe give Bart another whirl with actually good writers this time, or someone else. I always liked the idea of Jesse taking up the mantle, and personality-wise she is pretty different from Jay, Barry and Wally. Plus, hey, it's not another white guy, and she can stand out visually without a need to check the belt and eye colour. I like Avery, but she's kinda really similar to Wally and Bart, so maybe not her. If not Jesse, an entirely new character. Wallace is also an option, but we need to give him defining, consistent character traits beyond his daddy issues -- I enjoy his place right now in The Flash (not so much Teen Titans) as the voice of reason and peacemaker, but that's something Jay fills too. I do like whenever he's with Wally though, so maybe give them a few stories together before Wally loses his powers.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Add me to the retirement camp (along with Barry). But since that's not an option, being the main Flash is always more fun since the story telling will dictate that whatever happens to him is more important than others. But that's not a realistic expectation either so I'm content with the "fastest Flash" bone they threw at us.

The sad thing is I think at this point it's certain that the Flash will center around the main trio and won't move beyond it; Jay, Barry & Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I don't need Wally to be the fastest or the main Flash as long as he is not downgraded from what he is.

It's pretty cool that Wally is faster but wouldn't upset me if Barry was as long as they don't make Wally super slow. And I don't mind that Barry is the main Flash as long as Wally is a Flash and an equal and most importantly is still around.

Basically I have a live and let live attitude. I don't really care about the rivalry. They could do whatever they want with Barry as long as it doesn't affect Wally negatively.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I don't need Wally to be the fastest or the main Flash as long as he is not downgraded from what he is.

It's pretty cool that Wally is faster but wouldn't upset me if Barry was as long as they don't make Wally super slow. And I don't mind that Barry is the main Flash as long as Wally is a Flash and an equal and most importantly is still around.

Basically I have a live and let live attitude. I don't really care about the rivalry. They could do whatever they want with Barry as long as it doesn't affect Wally negatively.
    Yeah that's kind of my outlook. Personally I kind of think both Wally and Barry should be depowered a bit but that's another discussion.

Fantastic Member

Hey guys! I've been avoiding the forums to avoid spoilers because now I get my comics about a month after they are released. So I haven't read any of the more recent posts, but I wonder I DC has said anything about where (series-wise) is Wally going to be after the conclusion of Flash War.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Hey guys! I've been avoiding the forums to avoid spoilers because now I get my comics about a month after they are released. So I haven't read any of the more recent posts, but I wonder I DC has said anything about where (series-wise) is Wally going to be after the conclusion of Flash War.
    Wally will be in Heroes in Crisis that's coming out in September.

But that's it as far as I know since Wally won't be in Flash after this month.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Taking out both Barry and Wally as the Flash would probably alienate 95% of all FLASH fans, as pretty much most fans favor one or both of those characters above all others.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Taking out both Barry and Wally as the Flash would probably alienate 95% of all FLASH fans, as pretty much most fans favor one or both of those characters above all others.

The vast, vast majority of Flash fans preferred Barry to Wally when they did the replacement. Getting rid of Barry and working towards retiring Wally sensibly wouldn't alienate anyone now. Sometimes you've got to make room for new things.

Fantastic Member

Wally will be in Heroes in Crisis that's coming out in September.

But that's it as far as I know since Wally won't be in Flash after this month.
    Thanks! 10ch

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The vast, vast majority of Flash fans preferred Barry to Wally when they did the replacement. Getting rid of Barry and working towards retiring Wally sensibly wouldn't alienate anyone now. Sometimes you've got to make room for new things.
    I'm not so sure about that. I think whichever speedster would take over afterwards would be haunted by the ghosts of Barry and Wally for a long, long time.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Disagree completely but to each his own.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!