Page 215 of 376 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 5630
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The acclaimed Black Widow with Chris Samnee, or the upcoming teenage super-hero series with Humberto Ramos? Sounds like his talents are being well utilised, to me.
    Im sure the writing is good, but both his Avengers runs have nearly unrecognizable lineups, Champions has a pretty weak premise and probably won't catch on, and his Black Widow run is not very popular. These books do not make the most of his talent, and sales reflect that. His Avengers, despite top notch talent, was much less successful than the previous volume. Mark needs DC as much as it needs him.

All-New Member

That is you're opinion bro, I know for a fact that myself and a lot of people have been enjoying the hell out of his marvel stuff and can't wait for champions and his other new work. Also he is Mark freakin Waid he doesn't NEED DC or anyone really. Though someone should monitor his Twitter.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by etamogrey View Post
    That is you're opinion bro, I know for a fact that myself and a lot of people have been enjoying the hell out of his marvel stuff and can't wait for champions and his other new work. Also he is Mark freakin Waid he doesn't NEED DC or anyone really. Though someone should monitor his Twitter.
    Agreed on the Twitter. But I guess when you deal with a lot of projects and people the stress can get immense and you let off steam....sometimes before you should.

Don't forget Waid's Insufferable at Thrillbent. Not to mention Thrillbent itself. And owning a comic book store. Ambitious man not afraid to take risks.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Why no one is talking about this?
    I guess the Titans Solicitations is a spoiler, so watch out.

W) Abnett (A/CA) Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund (CA) Mike Choi
    “The return of Wally West” part four! Wally receives an impossible choice from Linda’s kidnapper: save the Titans…or lose the love of his life forever!
    In Shops: Oct 26, 2016

(W) Williamson (A/CA) Carmine Di Giandomenico (CA) Dave Johnson
    “LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE” part eight! When Godspeed brings his killing spree to Iron Heights, Barry Allen must protect his own Rogues Gallery-including his mother’s killer-from the deadly speedster! Luckily, The Flash has some help from Wally West, the newly christened Kid Flash!
    In Shops: Oct 12, 2016

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Nightwing's pose is not complimentary, and not particularly fond of how the faces are inked in on the latter. I mean I like the idea of parodying that famous cover, but something is just off on the faces. Too much black? (I mean the ink! Sorry. Didn't realize how that might sound at first.)

I just realized NuWally has red lightning. Isn't that a sign of a bad guy? ????

Edit: It really looks like Wally kicked Dick's behind there sending the acrobat flying, when did Aqualad get interesting eye powers, and that one piece of paper by green lady's robe looks for all the world like a price tag that got left on it.
    Last edited by Kyer; 07-15-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Nightwing's pose is not complimentary, and not particularly fond of how the faces are inked in on the latter. I mean I like the idea of parodying that famous cover, but something is just off on the faces. Too much black? (I mean the ink! Sorry. Didn't realize how that might sound at first.)

Yeah the faces are a bit off. The cover looks good from a distance but up close its not great. If Wally ends up on the upcoming JLA he'll definitely have a better artist.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

I used to do art in school and a class in Otis Parson's back in the day so I'm a bit nit-picky on it. My preference is the softer, 3-D look of the first cover over the more static-coloring of the second.

Red-lightning probably has something to do with his relation to Daniel. There is also the whole "All Wests are evil" /"I'm the good West" drama that was going on in prevous run.

Edit: It really looks like Wally kicked Dick's behind there sending the acrobat flying, when did Aqualad get interesting eye powers, and that one piece of paper by green lady's robe looks for all the world like a price tag that got left on it.
    I think the red lighting is to differentiate between the Flashes so Wally has blue lightning Barry has yellow lightning and New Wally has red.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Red-lightning probably has something to do with his relation to Daniel. There is also the whole "All Wests are evil" /"I'm the good West" drama that was going on in prevous run.
    I don't know about that can't his lightning just be red I mean old Wally's lightning is blue for no reason so I would't pay much attention to it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    W) Abnett (A/CA) Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund (CA) Mike Choi
    “The return of Wally West” part four! Wally receives an impossible choice from Linda’s kidnapper: save the Titans…or lose the love of his life forever!
    How is this an impossible choice?

Did they accidentally word this so poorly that they ended up saying the opposite of what they intended?

Because as written, if he saves his fellow Titans then Linda lives. If he doesn't save his fellow Titans then Linda dies.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    How is this an impossible choice?

Did they accidentally word this so poorly that they ended up saying the opposite of what they intended?

Because as written, if he saves his fellow Titans then Linda lives. If he doesn't save his fellow Titans then Linda dies.
    I figured someone wants the Titans saved and thinks for some reason Wally will be reluctant to do so?
    Maybe saving the Titans will aid the doom of something good?

I'm grasping at straws here, because that puzzled me as well.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why no one is talking about this?
    I guess the Titans Solicitations is a spoiler, so watch out.

Omg, all the hype!

Oh, and Wally, you better think of a way out of that in Titans! Like, I dunno, do the Titans NEED you to save them? C'mon, Wally! Also, pretty sure the no-time travel thing from Flashpoint is gone, and c'mon, Hunter's not around, just do it, Wally! Make your dreams come true!

That Wally of Two Worlds cover is kinda epic. Also, it confirms my prediction that artists are just gonna draw Wally's symbol and lightning however they feel like. Here, it's cool: nice contrast with NuWally's red lightning and the simple Flash symbol as opposed to NuWally's more stylised Kid Flash logo (plus being big enough to be more noticeable than Booth's version (though the circle looks a bit too big)).

Oh, and red lightning is fine: Daniel West has red lightning (for some reason), as did Bar Torr sometimes (he had red and yellow). And the way NuWally got his powers, it makes sense, though I thought his lightning would become yellow with what recently happened in The Flash, and his red lightning was temporary. Eh, doesn't matter, aside from making it harder to differentiate the Flashes and their Reverses in extreme long shots of them all running.

Good time to be a Wally fan

EDIT: I actually just remembered: When NuWally was first introduced, Future Flash had blue and white lightning! Everyone knew the blue Flash on the cover wasn't gonna be Wally, but it's kinda funny in hindsight.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 07-16-2016 at 07:50 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    ....Oh, and red lightning is fine: Daniel West has red lightning (for some reason), as did Bar Torr sometimes (he had red and yellow). .
    I rest my case. Red lightning = Evil! Eveeel!

Anyway, spoilers for Flash #2

spoilers below V

Ohmawgosh, Tillaylly! Did August actually think that was enough of a disguise? Seriously?! Clark at least would change his hairstyle and slouch. Yikes.
    Artwork on landscapes is top notch. Artwork on faces.....eh....not so much.
    So Barry wanted to have a partner. I know NuWally is in the wings, but gosh darn it DC! Barry wanted exactly what I wanted back in 2009.
    I'm not sure how I feel about Barry usurping what used to be Max Mercury's role in the Speed Force Family.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I rest my case. Red lightning = Evil! Eveeel!

Anyway, spoilers for Flash #2

spoilers below V

Ohmawgosh, Tillaylly! Did August actually think that was enough of a disguise? Seriously?! Clark at least would change his hairstyle and slouch. Yikes.
    Artwork on landscapes is top notch. Artwork on faces.....eh....not so much.
    So Barry wanted to have a partner. I know NuWally is in the wings, but gosh darn it DC! Barry wanted exactly what I wanted back in 2009.
    I'm not sure how I feel about Barry usurping what used to be Max Mercury's role in the Speed Force Family.
    Well, apparently Max Mercury is coming back, so I dunno.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force