Page 203 of 376 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 5630

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    All of us

Yup it's on my pull list, too.

I've never been a big Donna Troy fan, but I'll gladly buy Titans now that Wally is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    I did once it was verified that Wally will be there. I also ordered Flash Rebirth, to check if Wally shows up there, too.

I just confirmed that ginger Wally West will indeed be in Flash Rebirth. WOOHOO!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BluenGold4ever View Post
    I just confirmed that ginger Wally West will indeed be in Flash Rebirth. WOOHOO!
    Really? I did not see that coming! As a regular, or every once in a while?

This.

I remember at least 3 controversies over absolutely nothing happening over Jurassic World, before it was even released. They accused Chris Pratt of being in brown face for having a spray tan, even though he worked in a tropical island and should be tan. They freaked out over a nickname for one of the dinosaurs unintentionally resembling an insensitive term. And they accused the female lead of being a sexist stereotype, before they even saw the bloody film. People can be so obsessed with outrage nowadays.

And Mirror Master would, absolutely, use a word like spastic to describe one of his enemies. Realistically, he'd use far more offensive terms than that. They can't even tolerate villains using offensive terms, even though they're evil and should be offensive. Ridiculous. To be fair 90s Bart Allen using an insensitive term doesn't seem quite out of character either. He's kind of crazy after all.
    I'll admit, I've never heard 'Spastic' or Spaz used in any morally offensive term. It's always been used to describe someone who's a bit twitchy or hyper. Which would apply to Wally at times... or Bart ALL the time in the 90's. Not sure when that was latched on to throw a fit over.

Crip? Yeah, that tends to be frowned on. Surprised that slipped through editorial even back then.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Really? I did not see that coming! As a regular, or every once in a while?
    I'd think once in awhile--like Jay was when Wally held the book.....hence my not outright subscribing to either title Wally may appear in. Six dollars each title every month? Going to be choosy on each floppy. Or if he is in the majority of issues, consider the trade equivalent. Yes that entails waiting half a year or more....like that would be a new thing. *resigned smile.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I'd think once in awhile--like Jay was when Wally held the book.....hence my not outright subscribing to either title Wally may appear in. Six dollars each title every month? Going to be choosy on each floppy. Or if he is in the majority of issues, consider the trade equivalent. Yes that entails waiting half a year or more....like that would be a new thing. *resigned smile.
    I'll probably be getting Titans, but even if Wally is a regular on te Flash, I'll trade wait for that. I try to cut down my comic expenses and adding another bi-monthly book will not help.

I'll probably be getting Titans, but even if Wally is a regular on the Flash, I'll trade wait for that. I try to cut down my comic expenses and adding another bi-monthly book will not help.
    If I'm not mistaken, Titans will only be shipping once a month! I, too try to cut down my expenses, so was happy to find that out since I'll be picking up the Flash which does ship twice a month.

But hey Wally's back! (my mantra when I start to feel like I'm about to complain about something DC related lol)
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

Just wanted to post this cover in this thread too
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

So, THAT's the hand, huh?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    This was my first thought too!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Nah it was Dr. Manhattans, they released an expanded version with his whole arm.
    Edit: http://www.newsarama.com/29506-dc-un...ver-price.html
    Last edited by dan12456; 06-03-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    This was my first thought too!
    Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Nah it was Dr. Manhattans, they released an expanded version with his whole arm.
    Yeah, a lot of people see this as a bit of a homage to Michelangelo's Creation of David, which was something I saw thrown around before the rebirth issue came out and has obviously taken on greater meaning since its release.
    Last edited by Austin316; 06-03-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'll admit, I've never heard 'Spastic' or Spaz used in any morally offensive term.
    It isn't offensive in the US, but it is in the UK. Grant Morrison and Mark Millar are both Scottish, as is the second Mirror Master character they were writing, so they knew what they were doing.

The word caused trouble for Nintendo a few years ago, when Mario Party 8 was released in the UK using the North American script. Once it was noticed that the word "spastic" was in there, they recalled the game and issued replacements with the word "erratic" instead.

Hasbro had a similar issue with a Transformers character named Spastic. They chose not to release the toy in the UK, and eventually renamed the character worldwide.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I guess Gary Frank has a thing for drawings of outstretched arms. To each his own

I guess Gary Frank has a thing for drawings of outstretched arms. To each his own
    Makes me wish he could be an artist on a new Plastic Man book
    I have no beef with Vegans