Page 273 of 376 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5630
    Astonishing Member

It doesn't really make much sense for Wally to still be called Flash. He only took up the name the first time around to honour Barry's memory after he died. A unique name would give him more of an identity.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'd agree with that. Even as Linda put it back in 'Return of Barry Allen' all those years ago. They all get along, the only problem is the repeated name. Wally needs his own 'nightwing' name to grow on his own without the tug of war over the "Flash title". Considering how many speedsters they come up with different names... Giving Wally one shouldn't be such a big deal.

It SHOULD have been part of his evolution. Start as a Sidekick. Take the Flash mantle to keep the legacy of his uncle alive. When Uncle returns Gladly return the suit he's kept warm and become his own man... Doesn't really matter how long he had the mantle, it should have been a stepping stone to his own thing. The way Dick became Batman for a while and then went back to Nightwing... or Speedy became Arsenal and then Red Arrow...

For a long time Wally's book featured Jay, Jesse and Johnny Quick, Max and Impulse... So obviously too many speedsters isn't the issue.

Thopugh not Impulse. That's just the same problem. In fact it's worse since 'impulse' was meant to be an insult for the kid who couldn't control himself....

I'd rather they reexamine 'Mr. Zip!!!'
    Dear Barry fan, Flash mantle doesn't work that way. It's the only thing Wally has at this point and I'm NEVER letting it go.

Amazing Member

Part of the problem is that it's quite hard to come up with some good speed related nouns that work as names like flash, zoom, impulse and trajectory. I mean we've ended up with ridiculous names like Godspeed, honestly.

If Wally stops being "Flash" then might as well kill him.

Amazing Member

This whole feud/die-hard between wally and barry fans is a tad silly. Both characters are pretty good, barry has the backstory and wally has the personality. They just need to define a better narrative that places the two as equals and not competitors. And I don't see impulse as being a negative name, despite the past emphasis.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'd agree with that. Even as Linda put it back in 'Return of Barry Allen' all those years ago. They all get along, the only problem is the repeated name. Wally needs his own 'nightwing' name to grow on his own without the tug of war over the "Flash title". Considering how many speedsters they come up with different names... Giving Wally one shouldn't be such a big deal.

It SHOULD have been part of his evolution. Start as a Sidekick. Take the Flash mantle to keep the legacy of his uncle alive. When Uncle returns Gladly return the suit he's kept warm and become his own man... Doesn't really matter how long he had the mantle, it should have been a stepping stone to his own thing. The way Dick became Batman for a while and then went back to Nightwing... or Speedy became Arsenal and then Red Arrow...

For a long time Wally's book featured Jay, Jesse and Johnny Quick, Max and Impulse... So obviously too many speedsters isn't the issue.

Thopugh not Impulse. That's just the same problem. In fact it's worse since 'impulse' was meant to be an insult for the kid who couldn't control himself....

I'd rather they reexamine 'Mr. Zip!!!'
    I've always been partial to the name "Bluebolt" myself, with Wally taking on a blue-hued costume.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.B View Post
    This whole feud/die-hard between wally and barry fans is a tad silly. Both characters are pretty good, barry has the backstory and wally has the personality. They just need to define a better narrative that places the two as equals and not competitors. And I don't see impulse as being a negative name, despite the past emphasis.
    Bart will use the Impulse name when he comes back.

Jay is Flash. Wally is Flash. Barry is Flash. The End.

Amazing Member

or Cobalt, barry's one-time doppleganger/brother would be an interesting take on wally.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It doesn't really make much sense for Wally to still be called Flash. He only took up the name the first time around to honour Barry's memory after he died. A unique name would give him more of an identity.
    The reason why he took it is not the reason why he kept it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Impulse Inertia.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    If Wally stops being "Flash" then might as well kill him.
    To paraphrase what my fellow 'A Song of Ice and Fire' fans and I say often, if Wally loses 'Flash', we riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I've always been partial to the name "Bluebolt" myself, with Wally taking on a blue-hued costume.

Honestly, if any of them should be getting a more blue costume, it should be Bart. Pay respect to his dad and mentor.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

NO BLUE! 10char
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I remember a JLA alternate reality issue just after death of Superman where Wally had a Black costume that looked REALLY cool (though I admit I don't see Wally dressing in black) and the 90's Flash live action had Barry's clone wearing a Blue suit that looked AMAZING. Blue has always been my favorite color, but man, SOMEONE should be wearing the flash suit in blue....

Last edited by phantom1592; 05-31-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I remember a JLA alternate reality issue just after death of Superman where Wally had a Black costume that looked REALLY cool (though I admit I don't see Wally dressing in black) and the 90's Flash live action had Barry's clone wearing a Blue suit that looked AMAZING. Blue has always been my favorite color, but man, SOMEONE should be wearing the flash suit in blue....
    Maybe they should design a new look for Max Mercury. But I like his old look just fine.

Wally's current duds are perfect imo. I might change his chest emblem, but that's it. Besides that it's on more or less par with the classic 'Barry' suit. Jay's suit is still king though. Can't top the tin hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Maybe they should design a new look for Max Mercury. But I like his old look just fine.

I love that suit, but not that artist. I prefer it more like this

rIMG_4369.jpg