Page 280 of 376 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 5630

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    After Flashpoint, the history of the DC Universe was altered and became the New 52.

In the New 52 Flash #1, Barry had been operating as the Flash for a few years. Flash #0 showed his updated origin.

In Rebirth and the new Titans series, it was revealed that Wally West was active as Kid Flash in the years between Flash #0 and Flash #1, but Abra Kadabra trapped him in the timestream and made the world forget he ever existed.
    So after Flashpoint he was just gone? No story, nothing? Just gone?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    So after Flashpoint he was just gone? No story, nothing? Just gone?
    YUP! As was the fate of the rest of the Flash Family, and every other DC character not deemed "Iconic". WELCOME TO OUR NIGHTMARE!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    YUP! As was the fate of the rest of the Flash Family, and every other DC character not deemed "Iconic". WELCOME TO OUR NIGHTMARE!
    Ok, that's crap. So if Johns wrote the Flash with Wally and then Flashpoint whose decision was it to erase Wally? How many years/issues was Wally Kid Flash/Flash? I'm on vol 1 now and like it a lot so I'm gonna keep reading, but wow!!

BANNED

Ok, that's crap. So if Johns wrote the Flash with Wally and then Flashpoint whose decision was it to erase Wally? How many years/issues was Wally Kid Flash/Flash? I'm on vol 1 now and like it a lot so I'm gonna keep reading, but wow!!
    It was editorial's decision to get rid of Wally. Likely DiDio, though we don't know definitively.

Wally as Kid Flash lasted from 1959-1986, though he did retire for a bit before Crisis. From there, from 1986 till 2009 (!), he was THE Flash, with Barry dead that entire time. Bart Allen (My favorite speedster) got to be the Flash for a year mixed in there, but that book was trash, Bart was written horribly out of character, and he got killed at the end (He got better...until the reboot) and Wally came back for a few more years until Barry's return screwed everyone over.

Also, I hope you enjoy Johns' Flash run, but its mostly centered on the Rogues. (I notice people don't complain about that as opposed to when there was focus on Wally's kids for some reason ) If you want that sweet, sweet Wally goodness, check out the Messner- Loeb and Waid runs. Waid's run in particular includes what's generally regarded as not only the best Flash story of all time, but one of the best DC stories of all time, The Return of Barry Allen.

Fantastic Member

It was editorial's decision to get rid of Wally. Likely DiDio, though we don't know definitively.

Wally as Kid Flash lasted from 1959-1986, though he did retire for a bit before Crisis. From there, from 1986 till 2009 (!), he was THE Flash, with Barry dead that entire time. Bart Allen (My favorite speedster) got to be the Flash for a year mixed in there, but that book was trash, Bart was written horribly out of character, and he got killed at the end (He got better...until the reboot) and Wally came back for a few more years until Barry's return screwed everyone over.

Also, I hope you enjoy Johns' Flash run, but its mostly centered on the Rogues. (I notice people don't complain about that as opposed to when there was focus on Wally's kids for some reason ) If you want that sweet, sweet Wally goodness, check out the Messner- Loeb and Waid runs. Waid's run in particular includes what's generally regarded as not only the best Flash story of all time, but one of the best DC stories of all time, The Return of Barry Allen.
    I don't dislike Johns' run, but I agree on the comment about Waid's. I have read most of it from issue 95 and beyond and currently I am reading the 1st of the new collections of Waid's run and it's soooo good! Totally go for that!

BANNED

It was editorial's idea. And don't let anyone trick you into believing that Wally's book was cancelled due to poor sales, it was doing fine when DC made the decision to replace him with Barry. It was a matter of DC editorial wanting something the fans didn't.

BANNED

So apparently one of those articles on the DC website, usually pretty decent, actually called Slade's intimidation of Wally one of their (The writer of the article's) favorite moments in the crossover. One of my favorite Tumblr users responses to this was great, echoing many of our thoughts:

From the article:

" In fact, Slade’s so not intimidated, he ends up calling Wally out in what might be my favorite moment of this entire event so far: Slade at top speed is still one of the most deadly people alive. Wally at top speed? He’s just a guy who runs fast." The Lazarus Contract: Blast From the Past | DC (via cloakedsparrow)

The response:

"Wally at top speed is a hero with more experience and skill with the speed force than any other hero. Wally at top speed has beaten Zoom, who wiped the floor with the rest of the Justice League. Wally at top speed is a genius who invented several techniques that have been adopted by every speedster since. Wally at top speed WOULD F**KING DESTROY SLADE NO MATTER WHAT SPEED HE WAS GOING WHY DO THEY KEEP SHILLING THIS EVIL BASTARD!"
    Last edited by Assam; 07-01-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Wow, I had no idea Wally was around so long. I definitely at the stuff you mentioned to my all ready massive list of stuff to get.

I also didn't read comics from the mid 80's till 2014 so that explains why I missed all of the crap that happened!

Mighty Member

I wish Titans was double shipped and became one of DC's main title after the Rebirth issue. Monthly feels so slow with how many plot points needed to be explored. You got Wally who just came back from the Speed Force. You also got the rest of the Fab Five, except Dick, who really needs their characterization and history fixed after what New52 has done to them. Omen also needs to be explored. Old Teen Titans fans don't even know who she is. There is also the need to add more Titans villains since popular ones like Trigon and Blackfire may be used by the Teen Titans. Titans series never had a great run compared to the Teen Titans. Rebirth really needs this Titans run to be great, so the future Titans series have legs to stand on.
    Last edited by yohyoi; 07-01-2017 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I wish Titans was double shipped and became one of DC's main title after the Rebirth issue. Monthly feels so slow with how many plot points needed to be explored. You got Wally who just came back from the Speed Force. You also got the rest of the Fab Five, except Dick, who really needs their characterization and history fixed after what New52 has done to them. Oracle also needs to be explored. Old Teen Titans fans don't even know who she is. There is also the need to add more Titans villains since popular ones like Trigon and Blackfire may be used by the Teen Titans. Titans series never had a great run compared to the Teen Titans. Rebirth really needs this Titans run to be great, so the future Titans series have legs to stand on.
    Okay, 1) I think you're referring to Omen being an obscure Titans, not Oracle. And 2)

Titans series never had a great run compared to the Teen Titans.
    Devin Grayson's run would beg to differ.

Mighty Member

Okay, 1) I think you're referring to Omen being an obscure Titans, not Oracle. And 2)

Devin Grayson's run would beg to differ.
    I'm gonna edit that.

The problem with Devin's run is it was too short. After Devin left, the Titans series became mediocre and fell apart in the end. There was no foundation for a long lasting series. Compared to Wolfman and Perez or Geoff's run, Devin's run did not equal theirs. Titans series keeps on getting cancelled because it never had a great foundation. Rebirth Titans needs to be that foundation.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I even liked Faerber afterwards too. Titans and Young Justice really didn't need to end at all through Graduation Day just so Didio could be self-indulgent.

Johns' TT is overrated. It's chock full of memba-berries and relies too much on imitating Wolfman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    I even liked Faerber afterwards too. Titans and Young Justice really didn't need to end at all through Graduation Day just so Didio could be self-indulgent.
    Agreed. There are a LOT of things wrong with Faerber's run, but I genuinely enjoyed all of it. The book didn't actually get bad until Peyer (Who I really hate having to give crap because I love his Legion stuff) came on and didn't really know what he was doing. And Young Justice had only gotten better as it went on! However, this is a case where sales were definitely a factor. Both Titans and YJ were barely cracking the Top 100 at the time of their cancellation.

The problem with Devin's run is it was too short. After Devin left, the Titans series became mediocre and fell apart in the end. There was no foundation for a long lasting series. Compared to Wolfman and Perez or Geoff's run, Devin's run did not equal theirs. Titans series keeps on getting cancelled because it never had a great foundation. Rebirth Titans needs to be that foundation.
    Devin's run was 25 issues. By modern standards, that's not short at all. I already said that I enjoyed most of Faerber's run. Devin's run not equaling the others you mentioned? Wolfman and Perez's run, okay. I think its inferior to Grayson's run by a country mile, but I understand I'm in the minority there. But Johns? My rage for that run is well documented on that forum, and I genuinely believe it to be as god awful as Lobdell's run.

Mighty Member

Devin's run was 25 issues. By modern standards, that's not short at all. I already said that I enjoyed most of Faerber's run. Devin's run not equaling the others you mentioned? Wolfman and Perez's run, okay. I think its inferior to Grayson's run by a country mile, but I understand I'm in the minority there. But Johns? My rage for that run is well documented on that forum, and I genuinely believe it to be as god awful as Lobdell's run.
    That's a really unpopular opinion. Wolfman & Perez's run kicks any Titans and Teen Titans run after it. You can even say every Titans and Teen Titans run are trying to capture the magic of that run. While Geoff's run is well loved by a lot of people and is in a lot of recommended reading list. It did tweak the personalities of Tim and friends from their Young Justice day, but it also helped to mature them. In the end it's just personal opinions. Judas Contract is one of the best thing I read. It will be great to have more stories like that.