Page 106 of 376 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5630
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Guys, first off let me say "Thank you!" to the well wishers. My relation will be home within two more days God willing. It's been depressing at home every time I pass the empty bedroom and leave off one dinner plate at meals, but that's soon to end.

On the virtual reality side of life though...

Yeah, the latest Kid Flash news has got me down again.
    Here I was mostly looking forward to watching the show start up once more (with fingers crossed that Linda Park would go away or at least lose any interest in Barry), but instead they threw a sock to the gut. Granted, they'd said as much before that any 'Wally West' would be the fake Wally West one, but I'd naively held out some hope that either they would change their minds or do the smart thing and just leave ANY Wally West out of the show.
    Such was not to be.

So unless I see anything in News or Previews that shows a red-headed, 'white or close enough' Wally West being advertised....I'm done after Convergence critiques. DC has proven to be 'an abusive lover' for me so it's back to Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Who as my only ongoing fandoms. (Yes, I'm also done with Marvel now that Waid's left Daredevil. Quicksilver--for the first time--looks good in the movies, but he's a painful reminder of a lost and ill-used friend. We'll see how the Disney-ified Star Wars goes.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

If CW Wally is written and used like the Wally we care about, I'll over look the change in appearance. If he is portrayed like Hewhoshallnotbenamed, then I'm done with the show, no matter how much I'm enjoying it. I cannot support something that revels in destroying one of my favorite characters. Its as simple as that.
    Cyclops was right

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

They keep saying we should not take offense at this situation, but in fact if you look back and take all the 'situations' as a whole it's pretty clear to me that changing Wally was not a nod to 'diversity' (Ha! Right) or they would have kept Wally and his Korean wife and his two (count 'em two!) bi-racial kids. It was not 'gift' to Wally fans or they would have left well enough alone and inserted Danica instead of....

It just now occurred to me what Dan Didio was saying all those years ago when fans kept asking for Wally. We just misunderstood.
    His response was "Wally Who" and not "Wally Who?" He gave us a Wallace Randolph Who West when we'd been asking for a Wallace Randolph West. He kept his word.

Now I just feel stupid for thinking he hadn't answered the question.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

By the way:

Teen Titans Are Go! mysteriously features a red headed pale Kid Flash. I may have to hold my nose (don't like this show's kind of humor) and watch it anyway. I wonder how long before Johns gets his claws into that part of the franchise?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPUfKGk2aZk

Or how long before they insist Lego recolor and give an extreme hair cut to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz9p9TDXJpg
    Any bets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    They keep saying we should not take offense at this situation, but in fact if you look back and take all the 'situations' as a whole it's pretty clear to me that changing Wally was not a nod to 'diversity' (Ha! Right)
    If anything, it's nod AWAY from diversity.
    Into the direction of insulting. And idiotic. And horrible.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Film credits of http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1132610/
    Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg (
    Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg added that it was indeed the show that led to West's character being reintroduced as African-American in the comics. ""What's very cool is in the New 52 they hadn't reintroduced Wally [yet]," Kreisberg said. He said that because DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns was working on the show, "when they reintroduced Wally, they made him African-American. So now and forever, Kid Flash will be African-American."
    Greg Berlanti: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0075528/ (
    he was focused more on the concept of having an African-American Flash on the show. "We made the Wests African-American so that we could ultimately head in that direction, absolutely," he said. "That's our hope."
    Guess I'm lucky that of all their combined works it's only The Flash that I'll feel compelled to drop now. Never cared one whit about the other stuff so that's all easy to stay away from.

Everyone else, do as thou will.

By the way:

Teen Titans Are Go! mysteriously features a red headed pale Kid Flash. I may have to hold my nose (don't like this show's kind of humor) and watch it anyway. I wonder how long before Johns gets his claws into that part of the franchise?

Any bets?
    I actually just got Wally in Lego Batman 3. He's pretty awesome. Speedsters are pretty great to play as in it.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    If anything, it's nod AWAY from diversity.
    Into the direction of insulting. And idiotic. And horrible.
    What about diversity in thought and upbringing? Wally was happier and more optimistic in that he was raised in a two-parent home with no major deaths until Barry and an overall positive view on life. Now we've got him replace with a cliche and a broken family with a negative view on life and idolizes the literal opposite of who he did before. And how many superheroes have tragic family histories? Wally (and Barry for that matter before Rebirth) were special in that they didn't.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

By the way:

Any bets?

Is that Will Friedle in TTG?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

All-New Member

Sorry for the late response but Born to Run is a good place to start for The Flash? Or should I just read the New 52 series?? Lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    Sorry for the late response but Born to Run is a good place to start for The Flash? Or should I just read the New 52 series?? Lol
    Born to run is good a place if you're interested in Wally West. The new 52 focuses on Barry Allen. If I had to choose, I'd go with Wally. The best parts of his series outnumber and outmatch the ones in the new 52 series.

Cool to see Wally in Teen Titans Go. That stuff is watched by a shitload of people, always interesting to give them some of the real Wally West.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Cool to see Wally in Teen Titans Go. That stuff is watched by a shitload of people, always interesting to give them some of the real Wally West.
    Which is why I can see it suddenly recalled, recolored, and given a personality change right quick lest the kiddies fall for redhead Wally. Can picture the horrified looks on DC Eds and whatever WB heads faces before they send out cease and desist messages to TTG.

I haven't disliked a management so much since the death throes of Forever Knight because it didn't have a young enough cast to fit their demographics and had too low ratings in its lousy time slot they'd given it. So the kept mucking it up until it died and left fans mourning.
    Rinse and repeat for way too many shows.

Which is why I can see it suddenly recalled, recolored, and given a personality change right quick lest the kiddies fall for redhead Wally. Can picture the horrified looks on DC Eds and whatever WB heads faces before they send out cease and desist messages to TTG
    Lol, well, it's not like they going to erase Young Justice anyway. That stuff was pretty popular too and Wally one of the most loved of the team.

Too late now for them to pretend, even to the kiddies, that red heads don't exist.

Film credits of http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1132610/
    Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg (

Greg Berlanti: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0075528/ (

Guess I'm lucky that of all their combined works it's only The Flash that I'll feel compelled to drop now. Never cared one whit about the other stuff so that's all easy to stay away from.

Everyone else, do as thou will.
    What funny is that they are wrong. Even IF, and that's a very big if, Wally stays black, a. He isn't Kid Flash anymore, now that Bar Tor is back, b. Even if Bar Tor goes, they are probably going to go back to Bart, c. Even if they use *not* Wally, they will eventually graduate him and get a new Kid Flash, who probably won't be black. There is absolutely no way Wally could be stuck as Kid Flash for ANY length of time. No matter what current management wants, the second they retire or get replaced by younger people, Wally is back in business. Probably as the Flash again. That's the only reason I'm slightly optimistic about all this. No matter what the color of his skin, our Wally will be back eventually. This current stuff will not stand the test of time.
    Cyclops was right