Page 108 of 376 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 5630
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    And there you are, in my head again! :P

We agree on all the things. All the time.

Seriously, when I say this (and I do ALL THE TIME, and have for months now!), I feel like no one gets it. I have been called a racist here for having this thought. But I keep trying to explain that *I* am not the racist. *DC* is. I mean, I don't know how so many people do not understand this.
    And it makes me seriously happy that you do. And that Kyer does. And that a lot in this thread get it. Because half the time, anywhere else in the DC forums here, if I am not called a racist, then I am made to feel like I am stuck in the past (which is quite funny to me, actually, because I only got into Wally a few months ago).
    Me too. I just started reading DC last year, and I got into Wally thanks to the Young Justice TV show. After the reboot. I'm not stuck in the past, I just got here.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Eh, as I mentioned before in Waid's Born to Run origin story Wally was also presented like a little jerk with a clear chip on his shoulder so I don't see much of a difference.

And really, is just graffiti!
    What? I just read Born to Run. Wally is basically a boy scout. Is he a jerk because he doesn't like his abusive father? Because then your calling me, and I'm sure plenty of other people in real life the same thing.

Y'know that's another thing. Wally is probably the only superhero with bad parents. At the very least the most high profile. That's way more relatable than having a deadbeat dad and a dead mom.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 03-16-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    Cyclops was right

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Are we still calling Wally a "thug" just because he does graffiti?
    No, not really.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    What? I just read Born to Run. Wally is basically a boy scout. Is he a jerk because he doesn't like his abusive father? Because then your calling me, and I'm sure plenty of other people in real life the same thing.

Y'know that's another thing. Wally is probably the only superhero with bad parents. At the very least the most high profile. That's way more relatable than having a deadbeat dad and a dead mom.
    Nope, he was also a jerk towards Barry at the beggining.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    No, not really.

Yes really, he's doing graffiti.

Yes really, he's doing graffiti.
    No, he's not. Read the page. He's playing lookout while his friends rob a store.

Putting big ass picture in your quote? Not really something who makes your post easy to read.

Sweet freaking hell. I am so confused.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Some more of Jai and Iris West.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    No, he's not. Read the page. He's playing lookout while his friends rob a store.
    Lol I thought he did more than just that and that pretty much proves it.

im not sure how anyone who actually read the real Wally West and then reads the NuWally West can not think that it's slightly racist how he is currently being potrayed. Intentional or not.

Reminds me of the new lantern, Simon Baz.

Right in the first issue he has to deal with accusations of being a terrorist. That was so cliché i could have cried.
    Last edited by GoingPostal; 03-16-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Reminds me of the new lantern, Simon Baz.

Right in the first issue he has to deal with accusations of being a terrorist. That was so cliché i could have cried.
    I'm okay with that, because he was only dealing with accusations of being a terrorist. He was dealing with racism/racial prejudices and pre-conceptions, and that's ok. It's not the same as having those racial prejudices somewhat validated.

It's not ok, that's awful writing. You have ONE muslim character. ONE. And what do you do with him? A thief, highly suspected of terrorism.

Marvel did quite a better job on that particular subject.

But...aren't we drifting a bit here from the subject of the thread?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Eh, as I mentioned before in Waid's Born to Run origin story Wally was also presented like a little jerk with a clear chip on his shoulder so I don't see much of a difference.

And really, is just graffiti!
    The angel on the one side of my shoulder just went googly eyed and whispered "...oh crap..." Meanwhile the devil on my other shoulder is grinning like a loon while making half-hearted attempts to join 'angel' in holding me back.

There. Is. No. Such. Thing. As. JUST. Graffiti.

There is vandalism. The wanton destruction of property not one's own. A cost in both eye sores and civic money (our tax dollars) to clean up the mess left or leave it one's environment looking like a dump pile. It's a sign that some people just don't give a damn about respecting the rights of others not to have their property damaged.

Wally as at times a jerk, but I don't recall him ever willfully vandalizing something that belonged to someone else. And if he did like in Teen Titans maybe or as a young Kid Flash, I hope Barry or Iris or Mary or Rudolph paddled him.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    And if he did like in Teen Titans maybe or as a young Kid Flash, I hope .......Iris........paddled him.
    For that alone it'd have been worth seeing him tag "Barry Sucks!" all over the twin cities!
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-16-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    For that alone it'd have been worth seeing him tag "Barry Sucks!" all over the twin cities!
    In the 1950's it was perfectly acceptable to paddle your kids if they misbehaved big time. I don't mean with a belt or fist actual damage more than some reddened skin that might sting for five minutes---a paddling. Three swats and your done. This only, only, only, after other forms of discipline fail. And looking at that nuWally bunch of scenes that I'd never seen before today, nuWally deserved a paddling.

Really, people treat their kids too much like they were made of thin glass. Geez Louise.

(Oh wait...this is the age of antiseptic everything and rubberized dirt.
    I hope any future enemies only use rubberized bullets against our army.)

Anway....
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)