Page 15 of 376 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Flash is as well known as Green Lantern and what I was saying is it would of been a good idea in retrospect to give Wally his own new identity(That shows of his beautiful red hair like his Kid Flash costume) because for a lot of legacy characters, that's the only way they can survive. I think if they did that with Wally Pre-New 52 he would of probably ended up like Roy and Dick in the New 52 and not what we have now.
    If they would have given Wally a new identity fans would have still complained that Wally was not The Flash anymore.

There was no win-win situation in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    If they would have given Wally a new identity fans would have still complained that Wally was not The Flash anymore.

There was no win-win situation in this case.
    Okay now your just being ridiculous!

Always Rakzo

Okay now your just being ridiculous!
    Nope, I clearly remember that some people were commenting "I don't Wally back if he's not going to be The Flash anymore" back when the New 52 started.

Nope, I clearly remember that some people were commenting "I don't Wally back if he's not going to be The Flash anymore" back when the New 52 started.
    If they knew what the end result would be I think they would change there tune in a heart beat. Everyone's loves Dick being Nightwing, nobody has a problem with Kyle being the White Lantern.

Always Rakzo

If they knew what the end result would be I think they would change there tune in a heart beat. Everyone's loves Dick being Nightwing, nobody has a problem with Kyle being the White Lantern.
    The problem is that Nigthwing was the first upgrade that Dick Grayson had and his most recognizable one (after Robin) so people will always have a soft spot for that and Kyle stopped being "The Last Green Lantern" and actually became something above that so people have no reason to complaint.

Wally's upgrade was being The Flash and that's how most people know him so of course they were going to complaint if he came back differently.

The problem is that Nigthwing was the first upgrade that Dick Grayson had and his most recognizable one (after Robin) so people will always have a soft spot for that and Kyle stopped being "The Last Green Lantern" and actually became something above that so people have no reason to complaint.

Wally's upgrade was being The Flash and that's how most people know him so of course they were going to complaint if he came back differently.
    Wally took on the mantle of the Flash to honor the most important person in his life, his hero, his uncle. I could totally see Wally giving the Flash mantle back to Barry believing Barry is the one true Flash in his eyes atleast and then forging his own path.

Always Rakzo

Wally took on the mantle of the Flash to honor the most important person in his life, his hero, his uncle. I could totally see Wally giving the Flash mantle back to Barry believing Barry is the one true Flash in his eyes atleast and then forging his own path.
    Yes, but we're talking about fan reaction and they wouldn't have liked that.

Astonishing Member

I'm curious to know if there's any scans from any classic Wally-era comic with a comicky, time travelly, futurey, pasty, alternate earthy, faked deathy shot of a bunch of rad super-hero friends standing at a grave that says "Wallace R. West".

Also, while I'm pretty stoked for CW's The Flash series ... if that tanks out, does DC's tyrant editorial demand that their precious cross-platform synergy (a concept that apparently doesn't include Young Justice or Batman: B&B) stop being enforced because, like, sales!

None of this is to say that I hate what Venditti and Jensen are trying to do. That's still too early to call. Especially since the smart money is on the "Five Years Later" Wally who's 17 years old being time-jumped back into our time, pseudo-Bart style, as a guy "slightly out of time, but not much". (But I want red hair and green eyes, and I want it now.)
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm curious to know if there's any scans from any classic Wally-era comic with a comicky, time travelly, futurey, pasty, alternate earthy, faked deathy shot of a bunch of rad super-hero friends standing at a grave that says "Wallace R. West".

Also, while I'm pretty stoked for CW's The Flash series ... if that tanks out, does DC's tyrant editorial demand that their precious cross-platform synergy (a concept that apparently doesn't include Young Justice or Batman: B&B) stop being enforced because, like, sales!

None of this is to say that I hate what Venditti and Jensen are trying to do. That's still too early to call. Especially since the smart money is on the "Five Years Later" Wally who's 17 years old being time-jumped back into our time, pseudo-Bart style, as a guy "slightly out of time, but not much". (But I want red hair and green eyes, and I want it now.)
    Preach It!

Let's keep hope alive that there is a new Crisis next year and we can get back the real Wally!
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Let's keep hope alive that there is a new Crisis next year and we can get back the real Wally!
    That's Wonderful News!

Have you seen Jason Spisak's YouTube videos? He's done some different Wally and Razer things. I wish we could get him doing Wally reacting to New 52 Wally. That would be a riot.

That's Wonderful News!
    It's not necessarily news. Just a hope.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Have you seen Jason Spisak's YouTube videos? He's done some different Wally and Razer things. I wish we could get him doing Wally reacting to New 52 Wally. That would be a riot.
    Absolutely! I love that guy. God I miss YJ and GLA.