Page 2 of 376 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by SoeSacheee View Post

Er, isn't that Barry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Er, isn't that Barry?
    Maybe SoeSacheee posted it for the Kid Flash extra story?

Fantastic Member

Er, isn't that Barry?
    No. It's DC's desperation to continue selling Flash comics.

Mighty Member

Er, isn't that Barry?
    Yes... it is.

Fantastic Member

Barry is always... Barry.

BANNED

Hm. Why is it I have this strange urge to yell "Get off my lawn!" when I read these threads?

I miss the one true Wally West and I am afraid we shall never see him again. Sad, very very sad.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Spectacular Member

If it's any consolation, post-FP Barry is written exactly like pre-FP Wally. The only differences are cosmetic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I miss the one true Wally West and I am afraid we shall never see him again. Sad, very very sad.
    I hear ya.

Really sad times to be a DC fan since 2011.

I'm hoping that by the end of it all that we get this Wally West as a new Kid Flash, since the murderous and insane poser that was wearing that costume and using that name is now safely shuffled off into the future/space where hopefully he cannot do any further harm (and could then come back as a weird 'reverse Kid Flash' )

BANNED

NuWally is only 12???????

I do like some aspects of New 52 but there are so many things that make so little sense. Leaving aside the nonsensical race swap, if Wally is only 12 they Kyle Rayner can only be about eight years old.

This thread reminds me of how much I loved Wally's "Shiny-suit" costume introduced in Flash #50.
    The sad thing was it seemed like only Larocque did it justice. No other artist or colorist seemed to be able to get it right.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    If it's any consolation, post-FP Barry is written exactly like pre-FP Wally. The only differences are cosmetic.
    Not even close to a consolation. In fact, that rather angers me considering all. I'd think it would anger Barry fans too.

Oh for the love of bread pudding. It took 45 minutes to get in, find I had to re-register, discover that after two tries that I was banned for 15 minutes for using five tries (?!), get a new password again--twice!--try to get past the password authentication window too many times to count (stupid bad eyesight).... all to complain that I miss the old Wally West and really dislike this new guy. (In all honesty I really can't call him Wally West. Wally, maybe, but not Wally West.)

Dark skin...I'm fine with that. Dark skin never bothered me.
    Dark hair? Not really. Curly, curly hair? Ugh. I personally dislike curly hair although it is marginally better than a mohawk. Yes, even on Shirley Temple, my mom's favorite mop-headed actress. It's a preference thing. I just like straighter hair.
    I want that glorious red hair back! Don't even care if it is cut shorter (although I recall that issue where Linda insisted he get a hair cut and was agreeing with Wally that it was totally unnecessary....looked good as is.)

Oh...DC52/Elseworld's not-Wally's eyes are blue. Why are they blue? Do they not realize the mess it caused in the early books when certain artists kept giving Wally blue eyes like Barry/Bruce/Clark? It was frustrating. I love the green. Green is a beautiful color.
    Especially with red hair.

Attitude. Kid is a jerk. (Courthouse scene.) Poor parenting excuses some of that, but hardly all. This is not a character that draws me in in any way.

Okay. This rant is done.

Maybe Multiversity will feature the old Wally in a way that I wish had been placed in the DC52? Meaning same Wally with only extremely necessary differences.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    No version is the "one true", get over that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    Not at all, I don't understand where this belief comes from.

Barry is not as sarcastic as Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Attitude. Kid is a jerk. (Courthouse scene.) Poor parenting excuses some of that, but hardly all. This is not a character that draws me in in any way.
    Well, that's basically how the character appeared in Born to Run so I don't understand this comment.

Mighty Member

Not at all, I don't understand where this belief comes from.

Barry is not as sarcastic as Wally.
    The belief has no truth to it. Some people claimed Barry in Young Justice was written just like Wally as well... which was a false claim as well.