Page 205 of 376 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5630

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    I mean, I guess offscreen? But it's even brought up that he still uses the ring for some reason. I would've preferred it just be that it either be that Barry can't do some things (I mean, did he ever learn how to drain speed? I don't recall him doing it, but I didn't read the 2010 series past the first issue (he decides to dismantle a car instead of just steal its speed) so he may have done it at some point) or he just prefers the armour.
    My assumption is that it was something he knew but "forgot" when he lost the memories for pre-Flashpoint, but if the issue of Flash Rebirth has told me anything, it's that there's a lot of murkiness around what Barry knows etc.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I distinctly remember Wally telling Barry he'll "teach him" the trick in the original Flash: Rebirth, so I don't think he did know it.
    That's correct. The story above is set in the pre-crisis period, and even then Barry didn't "know" how to do it; but "he's done", so it''s not "entirely Wally's thing", just "99% Wally's thing". XD

I guess it's not entirely Wally's thing. WAS Morrison the one who came up with it? I alwaays thought it was Waid, based off that one issue where Wally has a broken leg and makes a glowing costume for himself.
    Correct, it was there. That issue is Morrison's.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    My assumption is that it was something he knew but "forgot" when he lost the memories for pre-Flashpoint, but if the issue of Flash Rebirth has told me anything, it's that there's a lot of murkiness around what Barry knows etc.
    Back around 2010 (before everything totally went to shat) Geoff Johns had said that knitting costumes from pure speed force energy was going to be Wally's thing. He -Barry- was going to try to do it but would not succeed. I even wrote a humor piece on this back then based on what Johns said.

This idea appealed to me not so much as 'Barry is not Godlike' as it would have made all the speedsters different in some way other than looks and names. Different strengths and weaknesses. I'm still hoping they go that route.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Oh, and speaking of that, a good Wally story might also be one that brings back the real Impulse, maybe revealing Bar Torr to be Intertia or something in the process (there is NO saving that character, burn it all!)
    This. If Dr. Manhatten is going to be saved it will be by unraveling the DNA of Bar Torr and making him non-existent through all history. (The real Bart should have been returned well before this.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

I bet if someone did a poll over who was worse: Mopee or Bar Torr...guess who would lose.

BANNED

Well, Flash Rebirth was sold out at the store and I forgot to preorder it. Same with Detective Comics. Im glad these series featuring characters I like are selling so well, but did it have to be a my local store?

So to get my Wally West fix for the week, I bought the first 20 or so issues of Mark Waids Flash run on Comixology, including the Born to Run and Return of Barry Allen arcs. I've read Terminal Velocity already, so by the end of this week, I'll have all the best Waid storylines covered!

Picked up the Teen Titans 100 page special for something to read, and noticed that Wally was a brunette in this. Was he originally a brunette? If so, when did they make him a redhead?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    The real Bart should have been returned well before this.
    Correction: The real Bart should never have been treated this way in the first place

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Picked up the Teen Titans 100 page special for something to read, and noticed that Wally was a brunette in this. Was he originally a brunette? If so, when did they make him a redhead?
    He's a natural red-head. Shortly after he got his yellow costume, Wally started using a special temporary hair dye so nobody would recognise his distinctive red hair whilst he was Kid Flash.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    He's a natural red-head. Shortly after he got his yellow costume, Wally started using a special temporary hair dye so nobody would recognise his distinctive red hair whilst he was Kid Flash.
    That was one of the most hilarious things ever about the original Kid Flash stories. I fell over laughing when I first saw it.
    Why they didn't just have him speed comb some temp dye instead of some gizmo in the suit.... geez.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

This. If Dr. Manhatten is going to be saved it will be by unraveling the DNA of Bar Torr and making him non-existent through all history. (The real Bart should have been returned well before this.)
    I'm really curious on how DC will proceed with Bart. I think, by this point, he's definitely more "toxic" than Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown were, plus we have a Kid Flash with NuWally. The only route I can really see is if they introduce a new Bart with the Impulse name, but even then it's got baggage since all the Teen Titan will bring up how they new a Bart Allen, so you'd have to actually address it.

I guess making Bar Torr the evil Impulse could work, but even then it'll just sound weird since their names are so similar.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Just read The Flash Rebirth #1, anyone else like the fact that Wally may have more knowledge about the Speed Force better than Barry does right now?
    I have no beef with Vegans

I bet if someone did a poll over who was worse: Mopee or Bar Torr...guess who would lose.
    You not a fan of Mopee? I always thought if Morrison ever had a proper run on the Flash, Mopee would be the character that Morrison used just like Batmite and Mister Mxyzptlk; in his Batman and Superman runs respectively lol

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Well, Flash Rebirth was sold out at the store and I forgot to preorder it. Same with Detective Comics. Im glad these series featuring characters I like are selling so well, but did it have to be a my local store?

So to get my Wally West fix for the week, I bought the first 20 or so issues of Mark Waids Flash run on Comixology, including the Born to Run and Return of Barry Allen arcs. I've read Terminal Velocity already, so by the end of this week, I'll have all the best Waid storylines covered!
    Return of Barry Allen is still one of my favorite Flash stories of all time. Last time I saw him at a con 2 years ago I think, Waid actually asked me if it still holds up lol. And it does

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Just read The Flash Rebirth #1, anyone else like the fact that Wally may have more knowledge about the Speed Force better than Barry does right now?
    Yes I do!
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Hell yeah!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Wally knows how to manipulate the sf better than Barry, but Barry should know more about it since he was trapped init for years. Although now Wally has been as well?
    Maybe it will be like how a physicist knows the theories about living in space while an engineer knows how to use those to create ways to use the theories?
    Eh...I just want Barry and Wally to complement each other the way Max and Jay did. I want the commaraderie I thought we were going to get in 2009 on.

Bart needs to be brought back. Maybe either Barry or Wally can find the real one. Or both together! :-)