Page 23 of 376 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    Nicely put.
    Love your avatar of the maniped new Wally West
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 05-26-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Not many heroes get invited to dine in with their rogues gallery, and have fun while at it

Can't look at the original Wally without liking him
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Always Rakzo

Oh, that was one of the best issues from Messner-Loebs' run, he got The Rogues perfectly.

Astonishing Member

Basically it's the same issue as we had with Amanda Waller being thin or Alan Scott being gay.

The "same personality" argument won't work. Your race (and in general your look, gender, sexuality) make up a great deal of your personality. This Wally West will ultimately grow into a totally different character into the one people knew and love.

Ultimately, that's probably ok. New Universe and all. But the fans who grew up with the old Wally need to mourn the loss of their Wally as there is no longer any possibility that they are getting the same person back. (Or at least someone who will grow up to be the same person)

I also understand the outrage--I mean DC was basically using the "Wally West" name to try and gain Wally fans. But the character they presented was not the same Wally. I was a big fan of Amanda Waller pre-52, but so far I haven't warmed up to the new version. My gut feeling was that when they announced who he was, I had a feeling he was going to be totally different. DC was basically tired of fielding the same question over and over. Their answer is "Your Wally is never coming back in the new 52". That's basically the end.

Look out Donna Troy.

I love that issue. It's probably Messner-Loebs at his finest.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    I'm a little irritated by this "white savior" stuff some of you are throwing around.

I'm white and was in the big brother program as a kid. I had a black big brother who did a lot for me, he really mentored me and got me out of a bad place.

Now I am in the big brother program as an adult trying to help other kids. I've worked with kids of all races, and what matters is that they are PEOPLE who need help and a little guidance. I can guarantee you none of them see me as some sort of "white savior" towards them. It's a great thing for a troubled kid to have an adult to look up to. Race should mean nothing in cases like this.

I don't really care too much if Wally is black or white. But it's a little offensive to suggest that there is some kind of hidden agenda going on here. Seems to me in the world of the DCU, Barry is going out of his way to help a troubled kid who he has a connection to through Iris. What's the problem?
    That useless woman called Iris should be the damn role model.

The problem is pretty damn obvious, It's extremely stereotypical and it didn't help one bit how the artist and writer made it all come together.

How about YOU step in Iris? Hes your family.
    Last edited by Neowing; 05-26-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    That useless woman called Iris should be the damn role model.

The problem is pretty damn obvious, It's extremely stereotypical and it didn't help one bit how the artist and writer made it all look like.
    The thing is that a young boy who lacks a father figure would most likely look for a male figure.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    The thing is that a young boy who lacks a father figure would most likely look for a male figure.
    This coming from someone whos speaking from experience, that's a load of barnacle.

It's year 2014, step yo game up Irish. Womens can be role models to young boys.

Always Rakzo

This coming from someone whos speaking from experience, that's a load of barnacle.

It's year 2014, step yo game up Irish. Womens can be role models to young boys.
    One: "Irish"? What the hell? Is that discrimination?

Two: I'm not saying that women can't be role models, that's ridiculous, I'm saying that a boy who lacks a father figure would look for a male figure.

That's simply logic.

I recently opened this issue while moving through that volume of Justice League to see when Barry joins the league again
    This is a great moment
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    One: "Irish"? What the hell? Is that discrimination?

Two: I'm not saying that women can't be role models, that's ridiculous, I'm saying that a boy who lacks a father figure would look for a male figure.

That's simply logic.
    No It's not. I have never looked for a male figure. They don't NEED one but it won't hurt sure.

I find it hard to believe that this new Wally would look up to someone who he has nothing in common with.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I find it hard to believe that this new Wally would look up to someone who he has nothing in common with.
    Respect doesn't necessarily depends on the similarities.

BANNED

I love this moment and Jay's pose lol