Page 276 of 376 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 5630
    iMan 42s

Something that I thought about a lot after hearing about the pacemaker (I haven't read the crossover and will be waiting on trade) was that as opposed to limiting Wally or altering the timeline with a questionable change to history, why not make Wally more powerful? What if Wally got so in tuned with the Speedforce he gained new powers but also had a problem of losing himself to the powers. Like he could use it too much and accidentally become one with the speedforce enacting it's will without even realizing he was doing it. Creating new problems from his powers like accidentally opening holes into other timelines, and giving him the option of going into different timelines or one that looks more like the world he lost. Maybe gaining the ability to make constructs and send them out scouring time for the entity that took the ten years from him. Continue on with the Rebirth plot with Doctor Manhattan and ultimately go nowhere until Geoff John's decides to do something with the plot, but build a B plot around that with Wally becoming progressively more manic over the situation and become more powerful to face Doctor Manhattan. What does it mean to be Flash? Well how about what does it mean to be human? Wally loses it and ultimately finds it again stronger for the experience. He isn't a redundancy, he's human who just happens to be a conduit for a lot of power. That would also have given major precedent to revive Hunter Zolomon and the tragedy angle to explore with Wally.
    Hunter would've made a nice contrast to Wally now and he is just as fast as Wally is.

I don't know, I'm reluctant about the pacemaker and feel it wasn't a very thought through idea.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I flat out hate the pacemaker. It can only be redeemed if it is used tremendously well as a temporary thing the losing of will make Wally grow into an even better person/hero.
    Wally West I is not just speed, but speed is a big junk of his shaped personality. Take away his speed and he's not going to be whole for a long time.

I don't want a partial Wally West. It's bad enough we're having to do without Linda as his wife.

Side note: dismayed to find out that the third Mark Waid Flash reprint trade is going to be less pages and more money. Not a good trend for both of those things. Might end up leaving the rest of my books as 1990's copies of those stories.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Something that I thought about a lot after hearing about the pacemaker (I haven't read the crossover and will be waiting on trade) was that as opposed to limiting Wally or altering the timeline with a questionable change to history, why not make Wally more powerful? What if Wally got so in tuned with the Speedforce he gained new powers but also had a problem of losing himself to the powers. Like he could use it too much and accidentally become one with the speedforce enacting it's will without even realizing he was doing it. Creating new problems from his powers like accidentally opening holes into other timelines, and giving him the option of going into different timelines or one that looks more like the world he lost. Maybe gaining the ability to make constructs and send them out scouring time for the entity that took the ten years from him. Continue on with the Rebirth plot with Doctor Manhattan and ultimately go nowhere until Geoff John's decides to do something with the plot, but build a B plot around that with Wally becoming progressively more manic over the situation and become more powerful to face Doctor Manhattan. What does it mean to be Flash? Well how about what does it mean to be human? Wally loses it and ultimately finds it again stronger for the experience. He isn't a redundancy, he's human who just happens to be a conduit for a lot of power. That would also have given major precedent to revive Hunter Zolomon and the tragedy angle to explore with Wally.
    Hunter would've made a nice contrast to Wally now and he is just as fast as Wally is.

I don't know, I'm reluctant about the pacemaker and feel it wasn't a very thought through idea.
    Why do something original when you can rehash NTT again? All Titans writers are stuck in 80s.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Why do something original when you can rehash NTT again? All Titans writers are stuck in 80s.
    Don't think we can re4ally blame the writers; Titans has been stuck on the same mandate for a looooooong time.

There is a very enlightening interview with Devin Grayson about it, somewhere.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I went looking for that Devin Grayson interview or something similar on YT and got sidetracked. (Happens. A lot.)

Found this interview with Mark Waid talking about his time on The Flash. It's pretty clean. No controversies were gotten into, but near the very end they talk about Wally's costume.
    Mark doesn't care for Wally's Rebirth costume. He prefers Walter's Dark Flash one.
    Well, I can't blame him for that. Much as I love Wally's hair, that black and silver suit was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhsK_WCNdRQ
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Mark Waid Interview Exclusive: The world might see Mark Waid taking another DC project soon.
    https://comicsverse.com/mark-waid-in...wondercon2017/

In this Mark Waid interview, he stated since DC Rebirth, Waid and DC had talks. There have been some offers extended. “Part of my issue is I have so much going on. If I’m to take on another DC project it has to be the right thing, if I’m going to do that I’d like to play that card on something big, we haven’t found that thing yet.” Although there are no concrete plans yet, Waid did say he can’t imagine getting to the end of the decade without doing something with DC.
    Jaw drops. Oh, PLEASE, Please, PLEASE make it so! (It won't be with Wally because he states later on that he doesn't like to revisit like that, but I can dream.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Mark Waid Interview Exclusive: The world might see Mark Waid taking another DC project soon.
    https://comicsverse.com/mark-waid-in...wondercon2017/

Jaw drops. Oh, PLEASE, Please, PLEASE make it so! (It won't be with Wally because he states later on that he doesn't like to revisit like that, but I can dream.)
    Good, he hasn't been a great writer since his Daredevil run ended. He's not the right guy for the job anymore.

Even if he doesn't get to write Wally, he can at least defend for his sake, which is something Wally needs at the offices right now.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Waid and DC have made peace?! Wow, that's huge and good news!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

I know, right?

Granted, I haven't read Waid since Daredevil because I couldn't care less about the material he's been working with (Hulk, Archie) but I like his writing.
    Note that I also like Grant Morrison and apparently some people have issues with him.

DC and Waid. (Was that a pig with wings going by...?)

Honestly I would be happier if Waid takes on Barry this time. Barry has no direction or solid material to work upon since he came back and even with Williamson, he seems to be still spinning on his wheels besides the added mentorship aspect. Only someone like Waid can give Barry a definitive personality and it would be extremely helpful for the upcoming adaptations instead of ripping off from Wally's stories/personality.

Once he defines Barry's origins and personality, he can make room for Wally's status in DC too.

Honestly I would be happier if Waid takes on Barry this time. Barry has no direction or solid material to work upon since he came back and even with Williamson, he seems to be still spinning on his wheels besides the added mentorship aspect. Only someone like Waid can give Barry a definitive personality and it would be extremely helpful for the upcoming adaptations instead of ripping off from Wally's stories/personality.

Once he defines Barry's origins and personality, he can make room for Wally's status in DC too.
    I agree actually. He did wonders with the character in Year One and Brave and the Bold and I'd love to see him do the same for the current version.

Wally needs to get a fresh writer and away from, sorry fans, Brett Booth and much further away from whichever editors have been behind the character assasination of the last decade.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Someone who knows the character well and is somewhere between rabid fanboy (too much so that wally becomes Mary Sue) and 'Meh' (cares less and does lots of ooc) but bothers to due more than bare minimum research. Priest failed to do research and consider the impact of what he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Someone who knows the character well and is somewhere between rabid fanboy (too much so that wally becomes Mary Sue) and 'Meh' (cares less and does lots of ooc) but bothers to due more than bare minimum research. Priest failed to do research and consider the impact of what he wrote.
    Yup, again I'm with you. Both very true points.

Incredible Member

Even if he doesn't get to write Wally, he can at least defend for his sake, which is something Wally needs at the offices right now.
    I guess "The Flash is not about tragedy....if you're not the original Wallace West"?