Page 304 of 376 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5630
    All-New Member

I really wish they would do something interesting with Wally II. He is just in this in between space of he could have been a hot head or rebellious but that never really materialized into much. He's not particularly impulsive or risky, though they try to make it look like he has great bravery to save the day, there is nothing behind it. He is just very flat and boring.

Personally I wish that the Rebirth magic/Dr Manhanttan/whatever would somehow reveal/change Wally II to actually be a rebirth version Bart Allen, maybe with a bit more of the Impulse personality infused. Wipe out Daniel West completely and return Wally II/Bart to the Tornado Twins roots. His cousin Jenni was of mixed racial heritage so why not new Wally/Bart? Just get rid of the Wally II name and give him a personality, any personality!!! LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhilH View Post
    I really wish they would do something interesting with Wally II. He is just in this in between space of he could have been a hot head or rebellious but that never really materialized into much. He's not particularly impulsive or risky, though they try to make it look like he has great bravery to save the day, there is nothing behind it. He is just very flat and boring.

Personally I wish that the Rebirth magic/Dr Manhanttan/whatever would somehow reveal/change Wally II to actually be a rebirth version Bart Allen, maybe with a bit more of the Impulse personality infused. Wipe out Daniel West completely and return Wally II/Bart to the Tornado Twins roots. His cousin Jenni was of mixed racial heritage so why not new Wally/Bart? Just get rid of the Wally II name and give him a personality, any personality!!! LOL
    So you want to make the problem DC just fixed happen again,but with Bart instead of Wally? Sounds bright

Bart is Bart
    Wally is Wally
    Wally 2 is Wally 2
    Now let's leave it at that and move forward with the Flash family

BANNED

This is what happens when a character starts off as an offensive stereotype created for no other reason but to shut up a loud fanbase. They did course correct with Rebirth and I found him fairly likable in the early issues of Teen Titans, but even then he didn't have an sort of depth to him. I've overreacted toward his character at times since and these days I'm fairly indifferent.

There's literally no way for this work that doesn't cause fan divide. If he's revealed to be Bart and he has his personality completely overhauled (and gets his old haircut), NuWally's fanbase will be pissed that they basically just got a character they liked wiped out. And if he was revealed to be Bart and got only got a small personality change (and no change in haircut), Bart's (MUCH bigger) fanbase, myself included, would see it as a betrayal and reject the character as not being Bart.

Not to mention, given what we know, even on a story level there's no way to have this make any kind of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    So you want to make the problem DC just fixed happen again,but with Bart instead of Wally? Sounds bright

Bart is Bart
    Wally is Wally
    Wally 2 is Wally 2
    Now let's leave it at that and move forward with the Flash family
    Yes!
    I try to remain optimistic about the Flash family and the JSA but at this point it’s looking like a lost cause.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 12-29-2017 at 02:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Yes!
    I try to remain optimistic about the Flash family and the JSA but st this point it’s looking like a lost cause.
    I'm still shaking my head at the newest solicit calling the current group of speedsters "The Flash Family."

But I haven't lost hope.

Right??!!! There still is the Flash war event, which I am hoping will lead to something. But for now looks like poor Jay is stuck in the speedforce and Wally is just stuck in a bad Titans book.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm still shaking my head at the newest solicit calling the current group of speedsters "The Flash Family."

But I haven't lost hope.
    I honestly believe that cover is a placeholder. Either that Avery is a re-colored Wally, or there're more characters not shown.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I honestly believe that cover is a placeholder. Either that Avery is a re-colored Wally, or there're more characters not shown.
    I doubt Avery being a re-colored Wally since there's really no reason for that I can think of, but it is possible that there will be more characters. I personally doubt it though. Don't think we'll be getting anyone back till Flash War proper.

I doubt Avery being a re-colored Wally since there's really no reason for that I can think of, but it is possible that there will be more characters. I personally doubt it though. Don't think we'll be getting anyone back till Flash War proper.
    The Flash family mentioned there may be Barry + Wally + NuWally, but they may have put "Avery" as a placeholder in order not to spoil Flash War. Dc has done similar things before.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

The Flash family mentioned there may be Barry + Wally + NuWally, but they may have put "Avery" as a placeholder in order not to spoil Flash War. Dc has done similar things before.
    I know they've done stuff like this before. Hope they don't though. Avery is the main reason I'm thinking about actually reading this story.

BANNED

I like Avery and Wally 2,they are the new kids in the flash family,and if your gonna call it family bring back Jay,Bart,Jesse,max,and any other lost speedsters I can't think of.

I know they've done stuff like this before. Hope they don't though. Avery is the main reason I'm thinking about actually reading this story.
    Is Avery the Justice League Of China Flash?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Is Avery the Justice League Of China Flash?
    She is. And like all members of the JLC, she's absolutely fantastic. Have you tried New Super-Man?

She is.
    That's the main reason I think it's a recolor. Body looks masculine, and matches Wally's. Doesn't mean that she won't be featured though, maybe just won't be on the cover. Let me try to whip something to show what I mean.

Edit: Oops, not on my machine, no photoshop, no whipping nothing out. Just picture Wally's colors over Avery. XD
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 12-29-2017 at 04:23 PM.

She is. And like all members of the JLC, she's absolutely fantastic. Have you tried New Super-Man?
    I have not but I know you are a big fan Your recommendations have all been great so far, so I need to give it a try!