Page 308 of 376 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5630
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention Barry's Flash book is a fairly strong seller, especially compared to other books.

It doesn't seem to be lacking much support from what I'm seeing, which is why it feels so odd to me that they haven't launched any spinoffs yet, unless they're worried about cannibalizing sales or a Wally book outselling Barry's (which is possible).
    The bolded section is a hypothesis that I voiced some times. Not the it would necessarily happen, but if it did, the amount of crows that would have to be eaten by quite a few people who don't like to eat crow would be enormous.

As for sales, current book has average numbers for a good Flash run. But it also ships twice a month, so it moves quite a few units.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 01-06-2018 at 06:28 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The bolded section is a hypothesis that I voiced some times. Not the it would necessarily happen, but if it did, the amount of crows that would have to be eaten by quite a few people who don't like to eat crow would be enormous.
    I would just be happy to have two high-selling Flash books .

As for sales, current book has average numbers for a good Flash run. But it also ships twice a month, so it moves quite a few units.
    As far as the current market is concerned I'd say they're above-average numbers, especially compared to how other books are doing.

Though I guess the double-shipping is also a factor.

The more Williamson says, the more excited for Flash War I get. Hell I might even read this Rebirth run from the beginning just so I'm caught up. Don't care for Barry but I think Meena and the new Tornado Twins are interesting additions to the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    The more Williamson says, the more excited for Flash War I get. Hell I might even read this Rebirth run from the beginning just so I'm caught up. Don't care for Barry but I think Meena and the new Tornado Twins are interesting additions to the mythos.
    You definitely should! I have said this a bunch, but I strongly believe this is the best Flash book that features Barry since DC decided to bring him back. It starts off a little slow as Williamson is finding his groove, but it has turned into a wonderful run.

BANNED

I have read two of Williamson's issues (the ones with Wally) and they were pretty good, but aside from what's coming up, the only issues I have any desire to check out are Avery's first appearances. I do wonder if it was always planned for her to become the Flash of China.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I have read two of Williamson's issues (the ones with Wally) and they were pretty good, but aside from what's coming up, the only issues I have any desire to check out are Avery's first appearances. I do wonder if it was always planned for her to become the Flash of China.
    I doubt it. I just think it was a case of Yang picking up on a character Williamson created.

Mighty Member

I assume you mean Rebirth and issue 9 then. At the very least, check out issue 13. It's a wonderful issue that focuses on Wally II and really was a major step toward making him a stronger, more developed character.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as the current market is concerned I'd say they're above-average numbers, especially compared to how other books are doing.
    They are, but Flash is an interesting case, in that it always plateau at around the same numbers regardless of the market. The only 2 times it dipped way bellow it's average were the second time they cancelled Wally's book - probably due to the first Flash Rebirth already being announced, as was the cancelation - and Venditti's r8un post-Future's End.

Though I guess the double-shipping is also a factor
    Well, yeah. If you take it into account an average of 45k, Flash is moving 90k units a month. That is pretty much unprecedented for the title (excluding events and relaunches). But then again, all it says is that the Flash - if they insist at looking at it as one property - can sell 2 books a month. It kind of already does.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Truthfully, I don't know where being a Flash became inherently tragic, and every representation of Barry Allen and Wally West became so juvenille. Probably won't happen, anytime soon, ..but, I'd like to see the original personalities for these GREAT characters brought back.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-08-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Bart and Savitar and teases oh my!

flash war.jpg

First page of the Flash annual.

Mighty Member

Flash Museum!!!

flash war.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh YES!!!!!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

flash war.jpg

Looks like Superman's trunks have been expunged from his history.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Looks like Superman's trunks have been expunged from his history.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Truly a greater tragedy than even Wally being erased from existence.