Page 330 of 376 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5630
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Half-cowl is for sidekicks.
    On this, I agree.

Silver is for who gets there second.
    On this, I do not (at least as far as superhero costumes go). In fact, I wanted Barry to adopt silver (leaving the traditional yellow/gold to Wally) shortly after he returned in FINAL CRISIS.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    In fact, I wanted Barry to adopt silver (leaving the traditional yellow/gold to Wally) shortly after he returned in FINAL CRISIS.

Wanna trade?

I'm sdure DC will hear our case if we keep at it for 15 years or so. :P
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Wanna trade?
    The silver trim, I'd gladly take for Barry (reflecting his status as the Silver Age Flash and the fact that he's been around long enough that he *should* be aging and adopting "silverback" status), but the closed-cowl is non-negotiable. As you said, open-topped cowls are for sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems more like a design choice then something that's strictly for sidekicks.
    It is a design choice; but design more oftern than not - and specially with superheroes - has signifiers attached to it. When Booth was designing Rebirth Wally, he's made a few options (as it's always the case) and, accordingh to himself, DC picked the one that looked more like "Kid Flash".

Of course, cosatume alone is not enough to sell the idea of Wally as "inferior", but it's a good clue on their intentions.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Hmm...nope, still prefer the current suit, personally .
    I agree. I don't like this suit and think the current one is very good.

This one has too much yellow in it. That either brings to mind either Reverse Flash or Kid Flash. Which Wally is neither of. Plus I just don't like how yellow looks. lol.

Also, yes, open cowls are for sidekicks. Another throwback to Wally's Kid Flash days. Heck the current one has that. The only good thing about the open cowl is it shows off Wally's signature red hair.

I wasn't a big fan of the silver at first since it looks very different than Wally's iconic look but now I do it since it's unique to Wally and differentiates him from Barry.

My personal favorite look is Wally's most iconic suit and what is unique to him, as opposed to copying Barry. That's why I like the Rebirth suit. It's a mix of both times Wally stopped copying Barry's costume and got his own.

Issue #50 of his series he got the cool shiny, chrome look, the white eyes and inverted belt.

365_flash__wally_west__by_bielero-d8cg26w.jpg

Then unfortunetley reverted back to Barry's look. And at the end of Flash Rebirth He got the white eyes back, dark red and his lighting insignia.

WallyRescue.jpg

Rebirth has the shiny chrome look and the dark red. All he needs now is his white eyes, which I think is the most important part that differentiates him, and closed cowl and Wally's suit will be perfect.

I just don't really get how open cowl = sidekick.

I just don't really get how open cowl = sidekick.
    That's just customarily how it's always been in the Flash franchise, and to a lesser extent, the Batman franchise. Getting to wear the cowl was symbolically associated with becoming the full adult hero and no longer being the apprentice-in-waiting.

That's just customarily how it's always been in the Flash franchise, and to a lesser extent, the Batman franchise. Getting to wear the cowl was symbolically associated with becoming the full adult hero and no longer being the apprentice-in-waiting.

Ah, I see.

I guess when you think about it is something consistent between Wally, Bart, Wally's kids, and Wally II.

So, I just caught the tail end of a local news report (Fox 2 News in metro Detroit, Michigan, USA):

William Messner-Loebs, the writer of Wally West on THE FLASH prior to Mark Waid, was featured.

He lives in metro Detroit.

But he's homeless now.

And missing an arm.

There's got to be more to this story. I'm waiting for them to post the full story online soon.

This is the guy who wrote my favorite Wally West story (FLASH vol 2, #48 - #50)":

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, I just caught the tail end of a local news report (Fox 2 News in metro Detroit, Michigan, USA):

William Messner-Loebs, the writer of Wally West on THE FLASH prior to Mark Waid, was featured.

But he's homeless now.

And missing an arm.

There's got to be more to this story. I'm waiting for them to post the full story online soon.
    Messner-Loebs lost his arm during infancy (cancerous tumor), so that's something he's had to live with for his entire life.

As to his financial circumstances, he's had his ups and downs over the years.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

But he's homeless now.

And missing an arm.

This is the guy who wrote my favorite Wally West story (FLASH vol 2, #48 - #50)":

Messner-Loebs lost his arm during infancy (cancerous tumor), so that's something he's had to live with for his entire life.

As to his financial circumstances, he's had his ups and downs over the years.

Oh man. Sad to hear. I still read and love his stuff. The man's a hero to me.

DC, bring this man back to writing comics.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Oh man. Sad to hear. I still read and love his stuff. The man's a hero to me.

DC, bring this man back to writing comics.
    He was very sick for a few years there.
    I'm sad to hear he's homeless! He is in my top 3 Flash writers.
    Not to mention his great run on Wonder Woman.
    I thought his health problems were over and HOPED his financial ones were too. Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Why comic companies don't hire him is beyond me.
    DC will give Bryan Hitch the keys to write JUSTICE LEAGUE before tapping Bill on the shoulder??
    Come on!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

But he's homeless now.

And missing an arm.

****!

If you happen into a link reporting this, would you mind sharing? (Here, or via PM).

Incredible Member

Flash #45 cover: