Page 355 of 376 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 5630

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    He was brought back with no one remembering him and having no life. Instead of resolving this Abnett, who was the sole writer of Wally in Titans, proceeded to continue hammering in this depressing aspect. At first I thought it was a good sign since it was being acknowledged that meant that they would actually address it and resolve it. But no. Just more being banged over the head how he has no life outside of his Titans friends.
    There are two reasons for that:

1- Editorially handicapped. Wally's story was never going to be resolved in Titans because his story effects the larger Flash mythos first and foremost. Johns also put everyone in stasis until he published Doomsday Clock.
    2- Abnett is a very slow writer. He had this idea of giving Wally his own Born Again, he said in his last interview as much, he was planning on taking everything away from Wally to explore him as a human. This took way too long; Flash War & Metal forced him to drop the plot.

For what is it worth, the first Titans arc wasn't bad.
    Then he was made to look like a coward by Preist in the horrible Lazarus contract, given a heart condition for no reason, killed off and then had his team broken up partly because of his dieing off again and his weird new powers that needed to be looked into which the JL said. And was of course never developed or explored.
    That was terrible, yeah.

I wont consider his seizures he's been having recently as negatives in the slight chance that Flash War will actually be a positive for Wally. But based on the past two years I have little faith that anything will actually come out of it and now with no new news about Wally after Flash War except that he is going to need major counseling AND be a murder suspect (along with Harley Quin, a deranged sadistic murderer and Booster Gold who no one respects) my hopes are very low.
    I think everything until DClock finishes is time stalling. But everyone involved in the book promises we won't be disappointed and Williamson never disappointed me so far. I think this story is mostly testing waters. Kids are a divisive subject among fans so I believe they are testing how much fans want back. Wally will learn where his loved ones are but he will manage to save them at a later date.

There were a few high points with Wally I'll point out. The last issue of Titans first story arc. His interaction with Nightwing in Titans. His guest issue with Nighwting in issue #21. The issue of Titans where he gets his new powers. Issue 13 I think. The Flash annual. and the recent Flash Speed Buggy special.
    I genuinely wish that Nightwing writer got more work. He nailed Wally & Dick's relationship much better than Abnett managed for the past 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    No I didn't, as I'm not expecting Williamson to be kicked off the book.
    You are still a debbie downer.

BANNED

Reposting so Sam can see my response:

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

No version of Booster has ever been like this, or anything close, and I don't think it's possible to get the character more wrong. King's hardcore defenders I've seen trying to defend it as a potential younger version of Booster. But 1) This still doesn't resemble Booster as he debuted (who was a serious and fully competent hero who was just happy to make a buck doing the job), Booster in JLI (who goofed around plenty, but knew when to take things seriously) or even Nu52 Booster (who was like the original incarnation but boring), and you'd never imagine this guy in a million years could become the man seen from 52 through the end of Pre-Flashpoint or even Jurgens' Action Comics story from right before 'The Gift', 2) Booster in his early days didn't have regular access to time-travel and 3) The potential older Booster is one we just saw and he very clearly didn't have any memories of this stuff happening.

If you want details about exactly what King got wrong, just look back at the threads about those issues. Several of my fellow Booster fans explained each flaw in the writing very well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Absolutely 0% chance of that. None of the three suspects will be the murderer.
    I think it's incredibly unlikely that Wally is the killer, but we have no way of actually knowing how it's going to play out at this time. Assumptions don't mean anything.

Ending up at Sanctuary isn't a bad thing?
    Never said it was a bad thing. The point is the events of Flash War apparently leads to him ending up there. What happens in Flash War could potentially be what makes him snap in this hypothetical discussion. Though Porter has said Wally fans will love the outcome so we'll just have to wait and see.

Him getting professional help is a good thing. He did this before in his own solo book (This is why people should read issues before Waid ), he got counseling while he was dealing with grieving Barry.
    First off, I'm fully aware he went to therapy in his solo book back in the day. Secondly, I have never said him getting help is a bad thing in any way. I do wish it would have happened sooner instead of having him lament over everything for two years, but I have no problem whatsoever with him getting help. I literally said it could be quite enjoyable in the previous post.
    Last edited by Rend20; 06-15-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I think it's incredibly unlikely that Wally is the killer, but we have no way of actually knowing how it's going to play out at this time. Assumptions don't mean anything.
    Come on. How could Wally be a mass murderer? That's not even up to questioning. King will definitely bait readers though, that's just how he rolls.

Never said it was a bad thing. The point is the events of Flash War apparently leads to him ending up there. What happens in Flash War could potentially be what makes him snap in this hypothetical discussion.

First off, I'm fully aware he went to therapy in his solo book back in the day. Secondly, I have never said him getting help is a bad thing in any way. I do wish it would have happened sooner instead of having him lament over everything for two years, but I have no problem whatsoever with him getting help. I literally said it could be quite enjoyable in the previous post.
    It's ok! It will be definitely enjoyable to see him get help, though Sanctuary only has robots there. And yes, I wish this happened sooner instead of all the time wasted under Abnett's pen. We're finally past it though, no need to dwell on the past.

BANNED

Can we just fast forward or change reality where the speed buggy crossover with Wally is how exactly the flash family is? Wally has Linda and he is happy,bart,Wallace,Jay,etc are there,everyone happy.

Wally and Linda's kids aren't there,but idk if DC or his fans want them back,so no comment

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Your not the only one, no. I am looking forward to this event (sometimes I think its just fashionable to hate).

For an *appreciation* thread the negativity on this page astounds me though.

Cheers.

James.
    Go check it out the Nightwing appreciation thread, you gonna be surprised.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Go check it out the Nightwing appreciation thread, you gonna be surprised.
    I stopped looking there a few months ago. Is it still negative then?

Cheers.

James.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I stopped looking there a few months ago. Is it still negative then?

Cheers.

James.
    I ONLY knew it for being negative. I'm sure it wasn't always the case, but I saw mostly shipping arguments (to the point that the topic is not to be discussed), complaints that he's not an A-lister, complaints about that his series should be more like Grayson, and so on. And I'm sure after the Titans Special, there will be complaints about how he's treated by the League. It's not that these discussions are even by default bad, but how fans' passion gets the better of them and they just become douchey about things. The negative comic reader stereotype sadly has some basis in reality, and the internet only amplifies it.

But while this thread also skews negative a bit, especially recently, I think it's not that hard to see why or to rein it in a bit. Otherwise it's just a toxic fanbase that reflects badly on Wally himself and makes it so newcomers just don't want to get interested in the character.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 06-16-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Guys go visit the kon-el and young justice appreciation threads,they are happy places,where we celebrate our heroes,and want and hope for the best in the future with and for them

Hey hey now. Nightwing has one of the largest appreciation threads on the DC side of these boards, and is filled more often then not with actual discussion instead just picture spam. Sure maybe it skews negative when times are bad, but don't mistake not appreciating a characters situation with not appreciating the character itself.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-16-2018 at 09:31 PM.

I would have frequented Dick's appreciation thread more (I love him as much as Wally) if people didn't complain about the same things over and over again. Especially if you are a Titans fan, it's a chore to participate there. Yeah, he should turn back to spy, get Power Girl as his love interest, join JL and nuke Bludhaven while at it, geez. I'm glad this thread at least moves on to new discussions when time comes.

But enough with bitching about bitching. Let's discuss stuff. How do you think Wally will react this time when Hunter betrays him again? What do you think that's going to happen to Hunter?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I'm actually kinda curious whether Wally and Barry will make up and be on good terms at the end of Flash War or if they'll try to play up the drama and leave them upset at each other at the end.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I'm actually kinda curious whether Wally and Barry will make up and be on good terms at the end of Flash War or if they'll try to play up the drama and leave them upset at each other at the end.
    Man that would be really sad if they leave the two on those terms.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Boy does Barry seem particularly uncaring learning about Wally's situation although it could potentially be a disastrous consequence for reality if wally destroyed the force but I just can't seem to remember why wally can't pull his kids out just like Barry did in rebirth regards to wally and how he brought back max in rebirth. Seems a forced plot point just to get them on opposing sides. Well at least he didn't imply he was crazy and didn't believe he was lucid given his seizures. That would have been truly terrible.

Joshua Williamson did say it's going to end good for everyone. And solicits already spoiled Wally & Barry teaming up against Hunter. And we also know Wally is headed for Sanctuary after the event. At worst Wally may be heartbroken about the status but I don't think they will be at each other's throats. That's one way to alienate fans

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Boy does Barry seem particularly uncaring learning about Wally's situation although it could potentially be a disastrous consequence for reality if wally destroyed the force but I just can't seem to remember why wally can't pull his kids out just like Barry did in rebirth regards to wally and how he brought back max in rebirth. Seems a forced plot point just to get them on opposing sides. Well at least he didn't imply he was crazy and didn't believe he was lucid given his seizures. That would have been truly terrible.
    Wally could only connect with Barry because Darkseid's death created a crack within the fabric of existence. Others are not experts at Speed Force like he is.