Page 361 of 376 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 5630
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. I think whichever speedster would take over afterwards would be haunted by the ghosts of Barry and Wally for a long, long time.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    True, but Wally was haunted by Barry's shadow from a good 5 to 6 years before he matched and/or surpassed his then current popularity.

Barry, since his return, has never quite shaken Wally's tenure either, even though it's been successful to varying degrees depending on the run.

It's not easy, but it could be done.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

If I'm ever forced to read about a Flash not named Barry or Wally, I'd prefer it'd be Jesse or one of Wally/Barry's female descendents.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I love Wally as a character and will always be interested in reading him.

Yes him as the Flash is a huge part of his identity but if DC started calling him Red Devil (Who gets that reference) with a brand new identity I would still read it.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I love Wally as a character and will always be interested in reading him.

Yes him as the Flash is a huge part of his identity but if DC started calling him Red Devil (Who gets that reference) with a brand new identity I would still read it.
    Act of God?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Act of God?
    Nice. You got it.

Love that story.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    True, but Wally was haunted by Barry's shadow from a good 5 to 6 years before he matched and/or surpassed his then current popularity.

Barry, since his return, has never quite shaken Wally's tenure either, even though it's been successful to varying degrees depending on the run.

It's not easy, but it could be done.
    But you see, people were wiling to accept Wally because he had been Barry's protege for a quarter century before taking up the mantle, and it helped that he continued wearing the same costume as Barry (with slight modifications later) and exhibited the same kinds of powers.

If it were someone entirely different and unconnected, with a different costume and different power set, I think fans would soon be screaming for either Barry or Wally back, if not both.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

But you see, people were wiling to accept Wally because he had been Barry's protege for a quarter century before taking up the mantle, and it helped that he continued wearing the same costume as Barry (with slight modifications later) and exhibited the same kinds of powers.

If it were someone entirely different and unconnected, with a different costume and different power set, I think fans would soon be screaming for either Barry or Wally back, if not both.

That's a really great point.

Astonishing Member

Ideally it wouldn't be someone unconnected.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

If you put a complete newcomer, I believe people might accept a new costume. Powerset, on the other hand, would need to remain.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I'm all for Jesse Quick to get her due.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice. You got it.

Love that story.
    I remember him using that name in that story and wasn't sure if Act if God itself wasn't a referencing an older story hence the ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I remember him using that name in that story and wasn't sure if Act if God itself wasn't a referencing an older story hence the ?
    Oh. No I never heard of that name before .

Maybe a reference to Daredevil cuz theyre both red heads and Wallys initials are WW and Daredevils are the same just turned upside down MM.

Lol . No idea.

Fantastic Member

Here's the preview for the last issue of Flash War.

spoilers:
    So Hunter's plan has been revealed even if it might have already been obvious and a bit of a letdown. Still, I get what Williamson is trying to do. Any ideas what Hunter is trying to do at the end?
    end of spoilers

All these other Forces is a dumb idea and it's going to lead to a reboot down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Here's the preview for the last issue of Flash War.

spoilers:
    So Hunter's plan has been revealed even if it might have already been obvious and a bit of a letdown. Still, I get what Williamson is trying to do. Any ideas what Hunter is trying to do at the end?
    end of spoilers
    Thanks. Very cool stuff. I am super excited for this weeks issue.

Some thoughts.

spoilers:
    As far as your question what Hunter's plan is it seems to be two fold. Breaking the Flash family and having Wally release the different forces and taking control of them so that he can battle "the threat" that is coming.
    As far as the preview goes I find it the most interesting when Wally asks where his kids are and Hunter responds that that's on Wally and that he never understood cuz he never had tragedy. Is he saying Wally inadvertently hid his own kids? Or that he needed to experience tragedy like Barry.
    Also even though the sage force is being said to make Hunter super smart it seems to be used just to shoot psychic blasts.
    end of spoilers