Page 362 of 376 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 5630
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Thanks. Very cool stuff. I am super excited for this weeks issue.

Some thoughts.

spoilers:
    As far as your question what Hunter's plan is it seems to be two fold. Breaking the Flash family and having Wally release the different forces and taking control of them so that he can battle "the threat" that is coming.
    As far as the preview goes I find it the most interesting when Wally asks where his kids are and Hunter responds that that's on Wally and that he never understood cuz he never had tragedy. Is he saying Wally inadvertently hid his own kids? Or that he needed to experience tragedy like Barry.
    Also even though the sage force is being said to make Hunter super smart it seems to be used just to shoot psychic blasts.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe this will tie into why Wally goes to Santuary. Maybe he's blocked what happened to his kids and where they are and he's trying to recover the memory.
    end of spoilers
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    spoilers:
    Maybe this will tie into why Wally goes to Santuary. Maybe he's blocked what happened to his kids and where they are and he's trying to recover the memory.
    end of spoilers
    Could be. Not a bad theory.

What I took from it is that Hunter is possibly implying that Wally himself did it. Which could be kinda dark but interesting as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Well, just got my Flash #50 and, guys, those last pages ... !

Things will get better for us, I hope

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Could be. Not a bad theory.

What I took from it is that Hunter is possibly implying that Wally himself did it. Which could be kinda dark but interesting as well.
    I've been thinking about this a bit and maybe Hunter isn't entirely off on this. Wally has been avoiding Linda in the same way that he avoided Iris.

He's been avoiding Linda because he doesn't want to upset/scare her. He avoided Iris the same way out of fear that she wouldn't remember him because after Linda's reaction he couldn't take the idea of Iris not remembering him too.

If Wally is going to get his kids back I think it's going to take both him and Linda together acting as Jai and Irey's lighting rods.

So the key to getting them back probably relies on him overcoming his fear of reconnecting with Linda first. He has to get over this fear and make her remember him and the kids.

They can make it happen but I think they need to do it together.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 07-11-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Yep, this was legit almost everything I wanted for Wally.

I love that Williamson, as opposed to the cheap copout of "The Return to Wally West", spoilers:
    says that Wally SHOULD remember what's been lost, because it's part of who he is. Plus, What's Bart going to do now?! I can't wait for him to reunite with Wally! Finally, someone else who remembers it all and (probably) won't have it blended together in a mix of broad strokes (sorry, Superman, I know it's not your fault). Also, I really love how Barry and Wally resolve their issues the way they did. And it makes sense for Wally to still be seeking out Hunter.

Oh, and the prisoner...calling it: Superboy-Prime. I can see him trying to use Hypertime to create his "perfect Earth" just as Hunter wanted to, plus it would be a good callback to Alexander Luthor's plan in Infinite Crisis. And I love that it seems like WAlly will be a key player in this story.
    end of spoilers
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    He's been avoiding Linda because he doesn't want to upset/scare her.
    He's been avoiding Linda because she told him to give her space and he's respecting her wishes. There really isn't much he can do there unless she initiates things again. I do agree that they'd need to settle the Wally/Linda situation before they could even consider bringing the kids back.

BANNED

spoilers:
    if Bart is back wonder if this means all the other speedsters will also start appearing.
    end of spoilers

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Flash #50 really did justice to Wally. I just hope they don't screw it up in the followup.

I assume I'm not the only one who would love a Wally/ Bart Flash book with them trying to rescue their pre-Flashpoint families and the Flash family itself - but, ya know, fun and funny as something starring those two characters should be.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Flash #50 really did justice to Wally. I just hope they don't screw it up in the followup.

I assume I'm not the only one who would love a Wally/ Bart Flash book with them trying to rescue their pre-Flashpoint families and the Flash family itself - but, ya know, fun and funny as something starring those two characters should be.
    Yeah I'm scared they're going to screw up the follow up. Unfortunately after 51 the series won't be co-lead anymore, but Flash War proved the concept could work.

Was this Wally's first proper use of the vibration trick (without exploding stuff) since pre-crisis?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Was this Wally's first proper use of the vibration trick (without exploding stuff) since pre-crisis?
    Nope, he ran trough some walls in Titans.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

This was pretty much the best they could have done with Wally. I'm excited for what's next, especially Wally's search for Hunter. I also liked the small touch on their detoriated friendship. I hope Heroes in Crisis won't be the only story he appears for the next 7 months.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    This was pretty much the best they could have done with Wally. I'm excited for what's next, especially Wally's search for Hunter. I also liked the small touch on their detoriated friendship. I hope Heroes in Crisis won't be the only story he appears for the next 7 months.
    Thing is, spoilers:
    with Wally having a mission statement and Bart being back
    end of spoilers it's hard to justify both of them not having a series, or a specific place to carry on with this premise. So, something is probably coming.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Thing is, spoilers:
    with Wally having a mission statement and Bart being back
    end of spoilers it's hard to justify both of them not having a series, or a specific place to carry on with this premise. So, something is probably coming.
    Honestly, I'm not holding my breath. The closest we have is Walker rumors and I don't think that's a good idea.

Mighty Member

At this point, there is no real reason not to believe the Walker rumors. G. Willow Wilson has now been confirmed on to be on Wonder Woman, the Grant Morrison on Green Lantern rumor has gotten a lot of traction, and Kelly Sue DeConnick (who is rumored to be taking over Aquaman) was at the DC Writer's Summit. There is a very good chance the rumors about Walker are also correct.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers