Page 52 of 376 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Aw, I like Superfriends! It's nowhere near as classic as JLU, but it has a charm of its own.

I hope Geoff Johns does not have too much influence on the Flash TV series. Just my opinion.
    He is DC entertainment's CCO and a producer on the show. He has A LOT of influence on the show.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    He is DC entertainment's CCO and a producer on the show. He has A LOT of influence on the show.
    At least, I hope other producers can keep in check. Sorry, but I tend to side-eye Johns these days. Given how he wrote Barry, I shudder to think of what the series will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Because I don't like anything about it. I don't like Geoff Johns and I don't like his vision of things. I don't like Dan DiDio and I don't like his vision of things, and I think this bi-racial Wally West is a product of all that. I also don't care for Barry Allen. I don't like them screwing around fans and characters so they can promote their vision of Neo-Superfriends to a world that's moved on from that a LONG time ago. I really don't think most fans or even casuals want that, it's primarily these people on top who do.

There's just nothing here that I like. I hope it bombs like the Green Lantern movie so that maybe WB can think twice about what some of these comic people like Geoff Johns are doing.
    Your hatred for Geoff Johns never fail to amuse me, seriously its been almost two years since Johns GL run ended dude move on and get over it, so he didn't make your favorite character the highlight of his run, big deal, i don't see Kyle Rayner fans complaining that he wasn't the highlight of Johns run.
    The only other time i see this amount of self entitlement is when gamers are complaining about what devs didn't do. you don't speak for everyone, so stop acting like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Your hatred for Geoff Johns never fail to amuse me, seriously its been almost two years since Johns GL run ended dude move on and get over it, so he didn't make your favorite character the highlight of his run, big deal, i don't see Kyle Rayner fans complaining that he wasn't the highlight of Johns run.
    The only other time i see this amount of self entitlement is when gamers are complaining about what devs didn't do. you don't speak for everyone, so stop acting like you do.
    Your love of Geoff Johns continues to amuse me. It's been over a year since his GL run, get over it and move on. If you can love it, someone can hate it. That's just the way things work. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And WTF does Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run even have to do with this discussion!?

When did I ever say I speak for everyone? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Your love of Geoff Johns continues to amuse me. It's been over a year since his GL run, get over it and move on. If you can love it, someone can hate it. That's just the way things work. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And WTF does Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run even have to do with this discussion!?

When did I ever say I speak for everyone? Stop putting words in my mouth.
    Except i don't have a problem with people hating Johns writing thing that bugs me is hating everything a guy does solely because he's involved and please don't act like anyone's stupid here, you mentioned that you want the flash series to bomb just like the Green Lantern movie why? because of Geoff Johns of course, and when it comes to your hate for Johns it always comes back to GL it's like you can't help yourself.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Great! More diversity is always a good thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    At least, I hope other producers can keep in check. Sorry, but I tend to side-eye Johns these days. Given how he wrote Barry, I shudder to think of what the series will be like.
    He's written a pretty solid Barry right before flashpoint. There wasn't anything worth "shuddering" other than the fact that some people like you and desh biased against him for your own personal reason.
    Johns actually wrote one of the best Wally west run in these past few years second only to mark waid.
    If he hates Wally so much, he wouldn't even have written such a great Wally west run and he has also confessed that captain cold is his favorite villain.

Astonishing Member

johns is too much of a company man; he puts the edicts of editorial above his preferences without at least soem of the backbiting of other writers.
    that and the fact that he roots way to much of his stuff in the golden/silver/dark ages, even if its got a modern age exterior

they were never going to be able to reverse it. assuming the show lasts long enough to get it's claws into the viewers who don't read comics (or god forbid, tumblr); changing the wests/wally back... would make the backlash to the initial change pale by comparison

etta candy got changed in anticipation of the WW pilot, odds are if Dr Hamilton shows up in the new 52 (preferably non-evil) he's going to look like allessandro juliani, decent odds deathstroke (and by extension jericho and ravager) will be revamped to look more like manu bennett (albeit with silver hair and easily voiced by ron perlman) etc

i mean, assuming the aquaman film actually gets off the ground (ha); you can bet money that aquaman is going to start looking like jason mamoa as soon as a crisis permits
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 09-08-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    He's written a pretty solid Barry right before flashpoint. There wasn't anything worth "shuddering" other than the fact that some people like you and desh biased against him for your own personal reason.
    I do not hate Johns' writing. Let me make that clear. And this thread is full of personal opinions (including mine). So?

I loved the Sinestro Corps War. I loved Blackest Night and Green Lantern: Secret Origin.

I do, however, think Johns' best work as a comic writer is now behind him. He showed signs of burnout when doing Brightest Day and the Barry series (aka "The Slow Plod to Flashpoint). Johns' Barry was lackluster and unlikable. Johns was also overextending himself, and it showed.

And no offense, but I remember other fans also disliked Johns' run writing Barry Allen. Sometimes talented creators miss the mark.

Johns actually wrote one of the best Wally west run in these past few years second only to mark waid.
    If he hates Wally so much, he wouldn't even have written such a great Wally west run and he has also confessed that captain cold is his favorite villain.
    I have no problem with Johns' Wally run at all. Whoever at DC dislikes Wally, it's not Johns. I do think Johns loved the Flashverse.

IMO, Johns writes a great Cold too. But still, he plays favorites with characters. His portrayal of Cold was cool. Ditto Heat Wave. His writing of Piper and Trickster was flat. He either didn't have a good handle on those characters or simply didn't care for them.

I don't have a problem with this. I hope the SHOW doesn't have Wally spray-painting and shoplifting.

BANNED

I stopped taking Kreisberg seriously when I saw an interview with him where he said that Grant Gustin was the best actor he could find to play Barry Allen/Flash. My confidence wasn't raised when it was announced that he would be taking over for Green Arrow and some posters mentioned that he ruined another incarnation of the book. From interviews I've seen with him he just doesn't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer. More like a staryeyed fan boy (or yes man) who doesn't think through his ideas.

Given the fact that Iris West has been cast as Black, it would be too tough to introduce her with a brother who was white, with red hair and green eyes. Though what would be cool for the tv show, is since Candice Patton is part Asian. Introduced an Asian Wally would have been great. Especially if they make him different from the angry entitled bratt that the've introduced in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Initially I liked Rebirth. But it's hard to say if my liking the book had more to do with Van Sciver's work than anything else. I felt that the initial re-launch of the series was boring and ho-hum. Johns didn't do anything with the character other than portray him as a goody-two shoes social worker. I think that Cary Bates version of Barry Allen is my favourite.
    Last edited by Mia; 09-08-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Well I've seen the Pilot and other than Gustin looking a tad too young it was great certainly a much better start than Arrow and was better than Constantine aswell given that the latter has a higher production value, i think the series will be great

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I have a much bigger problem with the "Kid Flash" part than I have with the "Black" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Well I've seen the Pilot and other than Gustin looking a tad too young it was great certainly a much better start than Arrow and was better than Constantine aswell given that the latter has a higher production value, i think the series will be great
    Yeah, the pilot was decent. Bears to be seen if quality will be mantained, though.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Great! More diversity is always a good thing.
    Except when it's crap like NuWally.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman