Page 56 of 376 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

The article says it's Barry.
    Eaglesham's variant is a classic take on the Flash, as Barry Allen runs headlong into the unknown with the aid of his cosmic treadmill.
    I really dislike how squarish he looks. The ribcage area looks especially horrid. Like the cosmic treadmill and the opening into space, but Barry looks awful.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Either Kid Flash or The Flash, not even death nor reboots can stop Wally West, The Fastest Man Alive! Let's remember the best and look towards the future with the story of one of the best speedster that has ever existed.

Attachment 63

Attachment 65
    Quite an ironic title, considering that Wally became the Flash after a tragedy. I'd agree in that creating tragic backgrounds is not understanding the Flash and that he is at his best without tragedy. That being said, as long as it is just an ark, I wouldn't mind one in which he ends up solving a time paradox and rescuing his parents or so.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    Quite an ironic title, considering that Wally became the Flash after a tragedy.
    Not ironic at all. Most characters who have a big tragedy as part of their background are, in some degree, defined and/or moved by it. Batman is about trauma, Superman goes on and off about the Krypton stuff, Hal Jordan had the death of his father or his PSTD depending on the particular origin, John Stewart could never be free of the Xhansi deal; all of those are defining traits based on either trauma or loss.

Wally becomes the Flash to celebrate that identity, to keep the Flash alive and moving forward with a grin in his face, as he ideally should.

One of the many things Flash Rebirth screwed up; Geoff Johns was trying to make The Flash's 9all of them) origin beeeetttttttttteerrrrrrrr, it seems.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Wally becomes the Flash to celebrate that identity, to keep the Flash alive and moving forward with a grin in his face, as he ideally should.
    Of course, Barry still had to die to set up that opportunity for Wally. We can't just hand-wave that fact away.

The guy who set up that Annotated COIE website many years ago said it best (paraphrasing here): the Post-COIE DCU was built on the corpses of a Multiverse; it existed because, ultimately, the heroes of the Multiverse *failed* to save most of their worlds.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Of course, Barry still had to die to set up that opportunity for Wally. We can't just hand-wave that fact away.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I'm not trying to, what I'm pointing out is the difference in perspective.

"Batman" is about tragedy; the Flash is not, even if there is a tragedy in his past. Hell, the same thing, in a smaller scale, could be said of Barry back in pre-COIE; he wasn't defined by Iris death, he wasn't even defined by killing Zoom, as much as everyone else tried to define him for it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Wally's my favorite Flash but there was one issue that really tore up my heart and that was #159, which featured not only Wally's marriage to Linda but also Walter Flash having to leave Angela behind and return to his own home. I'll never forget reading this issue and seeing Walter race through time/dimensions heartbroken, it was one of my favorite issues ever. I always hoped that we would see Walter again and he'd get his happy ending, but I don't think we ever will, which is a shame. Anyhow, here's the pics:

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Here's the final three pages:

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Wally's my favorite Flash but there was one issue that really tore up my heart and that was #159, which featured not only Wally's marriage to Linda but also Walter Flash having to leave Angela behind and return to his own home. I'll never forget reading this issue and seeing Walter race through time/dimensions heartbroken, it was one of my favorite issues ever. I always hoped that we would see Walter again and he'd get his happy ending, but I don't think we ever will, which is a shame. Anyhow, here's the pics:

I loved the Dark Flash Saga, especially the scenes you've noted.
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

One thing I miss about the Flash now are the supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I loved the Dark Flash Saga, especially the scenes you've noted.
    Yep, it's one of the best storyarcs. I actually love the complete Pelletier run.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    One thing I miss about the Flash now are the supporting characters.

I miss Jay the most, but also Impulse and Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I miss Jay the most, but also Impulse and Jenny
    I miss Jay, Impulse and Max especially

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that if TNT gets to use Wally West, they'll go with the original version.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that if TNT gets to use Wally West, they'll go with the original version.
    I doubt they will. I'm also betting they won't use a Flash at all for TNT.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I doubt they will. I'm also betting they won't use a Flash at all for TNT.
    I think that is very good bet.