Page 6 of 376 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Too bad he got retconned into being a 12 year old street hooligan. Some future!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Pfft! If anything he has more future now that he's younger!

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    His future, his wife, his friends, his children, his superhero names, and his real name were stolen from him by DC and some random hooligan. I just hope there's some version of Wally out there in the multiverse standing on that hilltop with woman he loves looking out towards there bright future together.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 05-10-2014 at 09:47 AM.

First off, I always loved and respected Pre Final Crisis Barry. With that said, Wally will always be the real Flash in my eyes. He was one of the most developed charecters in comics. He had lived up to his mentors memory time and again. He took his power set to the jext level, and started a family. Love old universe Wally West.......may he rest in piece.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I love Messner & Loeb's Wally! All that humor! All the pathos! All that hair! (hehehe Look at all those gorgeous ginger locks! This particular pic marred only by the steely blue eyes rather than the much more lovely jade ones, but still lovely. Which goes to show that, yes, I can tolerate some changes to a character and still see him as that particular character. There are such things as colored contacts. )

The Family scan above? Also good. A bit bright with the colors overall, but, yay, they got Linda Park looking like an Asian-American woman. Good for them! (Disliked it when one artist made her look Hispanic. She's of Korean ancestry.) God help me I'm also feeling a bit nostalgic for the kids. Never thought I'd miss the kids....or maybe it's just a symptom of missing everything I truly loved about the book.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    First off, I always loved and respected Pre Final Crisis Barry. With that said, Wally will always be the real Flash in my eyes. He was one of the most developed charecters in comics. He had lived up to his mentors memory time and again. He took his power set to the jext level, and started a family. Love old universe Wally West.......may he rest in piece.
    Quoted for agreement.

Makes me sad every time I think about how much DC has screwed Wally. He was my favorite DC character and now he will probably never return.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I think it's from Who's Who: I just did a Google image search.
    It is. It's the Kid Flash entry from 84-85. I loved that series.

I think the main thing that is not being said about Wally is that the readers were treated to THREE greats runs one after the other with a little splash of someone named Morrison in between. If it wasn't for what they did with the character then this conversation is probably not happening.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    It makes me want to read Return of Barry Allen again. great story

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I wonder what would be done with nuWally if the Flash TV series doesn't do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I wonder what would be done with nuWally if the Flash TV series doesn't do well.
    Maybe the real Wally will return?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    ........who knows? maybe he could be adopted. :-(

Last edited by Güicho; 05-14-2014 at 04:57 PM.