Page 60 of 376 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I would love to see the return of Wolfman's Titans with a few additions. (like Artemis Crock, Superboy, Kaldur'ahm, and Miss Martian)
    I am not sure I would. I would like a Young Justice-type comic that isn't set on the new 52 Earth. Maybe they could include some of the Wolfman Titans, maybe not. But here's what I'd like to see on this earth: none of the older generation Justice League characters. No Oliver Queen or Barry Allen or Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I am not sure I would. I would like a Young Justice-type comic that isn't set on the new 52 Earth. Maybe they could include some of the Wolfman Titans, maybe not. But here's what I'd like to see on this earth: none of the older generation Justice League characters. No Oliver Queen or Barry Allen or Wonder Woman.
    doesn't that kind of run into the issue that lemire pointed out with teen titans: earth one?

If Ezra is playing Barry, it means DC finally accomplished in erasing Wally West.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    If Ezra is playing Barry, it means DC finally accomplished in erasing Wally West.
    The Flash movie is going to be one big clusterf@¤$.
    Cyclops was right

How so? WB's movie division has nothing to do with the comics. DC editorial has no clout there. There are hints Wally will eventually show up on the series, and no reason Wally couldn't show up in the Flash film if and when it is released.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 10-15-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    doesn't that kind of run into the issue that lemire pointed out with teen titans: earth one?
    I guess. I would prefer something perhaps based on that Earth-16 world in Multiversity myself. There would be no competition between Flashes because they'd all have their own worlds.

How so? WB's movie division has nothing to do with the comics. DC editorial has no clout there. There are hints Wally will eventually show up on the series, and no reason Wally couldn't show up in the Flash film if and when it is released.
    They will give his personality to Barry and make Wally completely redundant.

They will give his personality to Barry and make Wally completely redundant.
    No way of knowing that. TV Barry isn't really like pre-Flashpoint Wally. TV Barry has some shyness and sadness to him that Wally never had.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

No way of knowing that. TV Barry isn't really like pre-Flashpoint Wally. TV Barry has some shyness and sadness to him that Wally never had.
    TV Barry is his classic dorky scientist personality with the dork factor amped up. It's far from any portrayal of Wally West in any medium.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    TV Barry is his classic dorky scientist personality with the dork factor amped up. It's far from any portrayal of Wally West in any medium.

Agreed. I don't see any Wally in TV Barry at all.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I was talking about Ezra.

Has it been announced that Ezra Miller will be playing Barry Allen? Or Bart Allen? Or Wally West? Or even a new Flash? I do know that the DC movie universe will be different from the TV series.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I was talking about Ezra.
    Right, but why would you think he would be any different than either comic book Barry or his TV counterpart? I'm not seeing anything that would make me think Ezra would be like any of Wally's personalities over the years. .
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right, but why would you think he would be any different than either comic book Barry or his TV counterpart? I'm not seeing anything that would make me think Ezra would be like any of Wally's personalities over the years. .
    They're certainly casting the Flash young these days. I still wonder about the reasoning behind going separate ways with the TV show and the movies when both are going to be running concurrently (assuming that the TV series doesn't go belly up before the movie is released). I could see the reason that SMALLVILLE did this even as SUPERMAN RETURNS was released (SMALLVILLE already had a years-entrenched storyline inconsistent with SUPERMAN RETURNS, which had loose continuity with the Christopher Reeve movies). I can only guess that the TV show and the movie will pursue two different takes on the Flash. Assuming that Ezra's version is Barry Allen (not Wally West or some other version), perhaps it's a more "classic" Barry, less New 52-influenced?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It's not written in stone that they have to cast Barry, Jay, Wally, or Bart as the Flash. Especially since Bart was on Smallville.

I'd prefer that TV Barry (or movie Barry, if he exists) not be like comic book Barry. Especially not new 52 comic book Barry. So far, new 52 Barry has yet to display a distinctive personality.