Default SOULE, PAK Explain DOOMSDAY's New Mode of SUPERMAN Attack

With so many different characters showing up, I'd love to see Mxy join in the fun.

Interesting, thanks for the share.

Glad i'm not the only one who found there to be a lot of comedy therein... i feel a little better now, i wasn't sure if i was supposed to take it really serious or not.

I like what they're saying about how they want to make sure that is has an effect not only on Superman, but those around him and even the entire DCU.

I'm not sure how i feel about the angle of having a ton of guest appearances, it could go either way... help the story or hold it back, depending.

I'm wondering if Pak and Soule got any inspiration from Cronenberg's The Fly. Very similar use of a changing temperament with increased violence and rage but with some humor thrown into the mix which completes the disturbing picture. Its all very Seth Brundle.

So does this have a reading order, or is it just a mess?

Amazing Member

The reading order is literally on the cover of each issue. No mess.

Astonishing Member

I am very happy that someone remembers about Morrison's Phantom King (Xa-Du). I wasn't so invested in this event, but it could be a funny, 'ending battle'-like slugfest.
    It is a pity, though, that the art seems so poor (well, except for the covers and Kuder and Kerschl... But Lashley...)

BANNED

Nrama: Charles, picking up on what you said about how Superman kind of paused to consider whether Doomsday should be killed. I noticed that Wonder Woman didn't even think twice — she said "we have to kill this thing; it's killing the world." Was that meant to not only show the contrast between the two characters in the story, but also highlight their differences despite their relationship?

Soule: People have their differences on these points, but I think Wonder Woman was raised in a completely martial society. She was trained by the God of War. She's someone who believes there are times when you have to kill the monster, basically.

She also grew up in a society that is full of monsters and horrible beasts and things, who come out and rampage and kill people. So I think that's how she sees Doomsday. For her, there's less of a conflict.

Yes, I think that's something that makes her different from Superman, and that's one of the things we're going to explore in their relationship.
    BS...she is not so fast to kill things like Soule suggested. somebody is having a completely different interpretation of Azzarello WW's. she was trained by the God of War, but she reject his violent ways

He never said she's so fast to kill things. He said she believes there are times when it must be done and that she views Doomsday as more in line with a monster/wild beast. Which is completely in line with what Azzarello is doing; the very first issue of his run she killed a monster.

His take is virtually the same as Azzarello's. If you really think otherwise then you don't get his run as much as you think you do.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-16-2014 at 09:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He never said she's so fast to kill things. He said she believes there are times when it must be done and that she views Doomsday as more in line with a monster/wild beast. Which is completely in line with what Azzarello is doing; the very first issue of his run she killed a monster.

His take is virtually the same as Azzarello's. If you really think otherwise then you don't get his run as much as you think you do.
    but he showed her being pretty fast to kill her brother Apollo. so yes, he saying or not doesn't matter because he wrote that. She killed centaurs that were zombie horses to protect a girl in the heat of the battle. But it's pretty clear that she prefers non lethal force.

his take has nothing to do with Azz. since when Azz said to bring someone's head to her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    but he showed her being pretty fast to kill her brother Apollo. so yes, he saying or not doesn't matter because he wrote that. She killed centaurs that were zombie horses to protect a girl in the heat of the battle. But it's pretty clear that she prefers non lethal force.

his take has nothing to do with Azz. since when Azz said to bring someone's head to her?
    you can blame the inconsistencies on azz's refusal to clarify anything. this is what happens when editorial doesn't step in and do their jobs. do you really think tying up so many plot holes at the end of azz's run is in anyway a good idea for a character who is supposed to be one of the big 3 in dcu? soule isn't a mind reader, it's hard to stay 100% consistent with another portrayal when said portrayal is vauge at best.

that and azz aint no perez that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

You're applying talk to actual actions which is nonsense. She threatens Apollo with a "You're dead" out of anger for attacking Superman. That's all that happens. You can't just make up in your own head more than that and use it as evidence of anything.

Saying that Soule's interpretations have no basis in Azz's mythology is just staggeringly and blatantly incorrect. You're actually a fan of Azzarello's run, you have to know this.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-16-2014 at 06:52 PM.